Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newcastle were everywhere. Aggressive, proactive, energetic, relentless. Full of confidence and belief. Attacked and defended in waves, with discipline, every knows their job inside out.

I don't doubt the united job brings a lot more pressure and that maybe makes it harder for a coach to make big changes quickly but look at how well coached Newcastle are, they've a few good players but this isn't city levels of quality were talking about. Howe has had an enormous impact and puts ten hag to shame tbh

We are going to get smashed for 7 or more at Anfield with this excuse of a defensive structure.

He simply refuses to accept that you can't play a one man midfield in this League. It hampers us defensively and offensivly and after 20 games this season he still can't see that. What's worse id he didn't even do that last year. 90% of the players need to go but so does he. Ineptitude all around. I'll give him one pass in that outside of Garnacho, Rasmus and Mainoo we need a whole new first 11 and none of them are reasy for the first 11 so we need 11 starting players. Of these players all of them need to be more Antony Gordon than Rashford. The lack of effort our players have shown under all managers is a disgrace. Newcaslte aren't even that good they just all work their arse off for each other and at this point that should be the starting point of any rebuild. I'm sick of lazy overpaid players. Not one of them work anywhere near as hard as their Newcastle counterparts and that is unacceptable.

Why he continues to not have another body in midfield in these tough away games I'll never know, it's such a simple thing to do and he never does it. Surely an Amrabat, Mainoo, McTominay midfield would be better than what we got today? Just not enough in there for an away game.

They were just miles better than us tonight. Physically so much stronger and quicker.

So there's probably not much ETH can do.

Having said that, knowing how physical they are, he had Varane, Amrabat and Hojlund on the bench. Started Dalot at LB with Regulion is on the bench.

We'd still have lost but he didn't help himself.

Almost exactly 10 years ago....

The more things change, the more they remain the same.

Clueless he’s done, the players have thrown him under the bus and aren’t playing for him any longer.

Players had no confidence, we only started playing with 5-10 mins to go and actually had our best spell and goal ruled out. The mentality is so poor, it'll be hard to see him last longer than a few months. Trouble is there's no obvious replacement and with the club sale/structure in limbo it really doesn't seem to matter if he gets sacked now or some random ex player choice is asked to step in like Fletcher, Butt.

We've gone down a dangerous path again of indulging a manager's limited player knowledge to the tune of hundreds of millions with some of the most pitiful football you'll see to show for it.

Bad buys, poor player management, reminds me of Jose trying to be an authoritative figure too soon and falling out with players.

It's designed to maybe use critical thinking to criticise as opposed to shouting tumescent overused and childish insults. At least, I assume.

Bold fraud.
Bald. Fraud.
Pep Guariola is my Bald. Fraud. Idol.
Fraud Bald.

Yep. Outworked us. Out played us. Embarrassed us.

Howe has created a fantastic culture at Newcastle. Ten Hag cant seem to do that.
Howe has had some great influence, but ultimately it definitely come from ambitions of the new owners that filter down to upper management. They recruited highly rated director for their football operation too. Players know they can earn more by performing or get feck out of the club because they can now afford better players. Doesn't take long for such transformation or outrageous spending (on the surface maybe) as we see. Feck Glazers. Bunch of twats. Always excuses.

In the big games, he's too naive and rigid with this system which too often ends up as a 4-1-5 leaving us exposed in the middle.

And then team selection, he seems to think he can get away with three out and out attackers, two of which won't track back or press in Martial and Rashford.

I don't know how anyone can think this guy is anything other than a complete disaster.

He religiously sticks to the same formation, despite it getting exposed over and over again. 4-1-4-1 makes no sense whatsoever, is tactically braindead, and yet he plays it in every single game despite us getting dominated by any top Prem side and even by unfancied European opposition.

I mean everyone knows this but he keeps persisting with the same flawed formation every game and even in the games we win it's clear that there are serious underlying issues stopping us from competiting any higher than UEFA places.

He's been bailed out mostly by individual moments and by Maguire at least organizing the defence. And that's even before we get onto the issue of him alienating first team players, picking disinterested players ahead of those he's gone out on a limb to sign, etc.

Erik Ten Hag cannot do anything for this club aside from damage it.

Howe has had some great influence, but ultimately it definitely come from ambitions of the new owners that filter down to upper management. They recruited highly rated director for their football operation too. Players know they can earn more by performing or get feck out of the club because they can now afford better players. Doesn't take long for such transformation or outrageous spending (on the surface maybe) as we see. Feck Glazers. Bunch of twats. Always excuses.

Why ultimately? He did really well before the new owners put money in the club. Many of the current players he signed while still under the previous (disastrous) ownership.

A conman.

We've been so poor this season. Only a matter of when he gets sacked and not if. I truly don't understand how some are hopeful we'll become a great side under him. Enough evidence for that to be almost impossible.

A conman.

We've been so poor this season. Only a matter of when he gets sacked and not if. I truly don't understand how some are hopeful we'll become a great side under him. Enough evidence for that to be almost impossible.

until the cancer of the club is gone, glazers, we will never become a great club again.

They were just miles better than us tonight. Physically so much stronger and quicker.

Having said that, knowing how physical they are, he had Varane, Amrabat and Hojlund on the bench. Started Dalot at LB with Regulion is on the bench.

The Varane thing is baffling and pulls Shaw away from LB.

He's gonna have a hard time surviving Christmas if this is the standard of performance we put it, and let's be honest it's in line with 90% of our performances this season. We don't look like a team that's improving and building something but struggling with implementing his ideas or something, we just look shit.

Every time he plays a decent team Utd get spanked, the mess and lack of cohesion can't be hidden by a couple of individual moments.

They don't look a well coached team, and his tactical set up is chaos.
The difference was there for all to see. I don’t know how there can be feuding about it.

I have stood up for him till today; now, he is starting to annoy me. He seems to be happy to concede lots of low-percentage chances each game. Also, every idiot (including me) notices that the balance in midfield is wrong, seemingly by design rather than available personnel. But he does not seem to not to see that.

I see Newcastle press high and drop deep in unison I wonder just how much courage and trust you need in your manager's tactics and your teammates' attitude to accomplish that. Is it really such an unattainable level? I don't think so as every half decent team do the same thing against us and get rewarded for it. Hell, Newcastle already did it once this season. But we don't learn from it. We don't adapt, even from one half to another. That's on him.

You have to like your manager to do that, I don't think Howe is the greatest tactician ever but he is popular and everyone buys into his heavy running game. It seems to me like something may have happened in the summer - there were rumblings of issues with preseason - and it's just been a disaster since. I don't think Ten Hag is popular with the players at all, and the way he treated Sancho for example may well have been unpopular.

It really is. Glazers have nothing to do with our terrible defensive structure, lack of work rate, or so few attacking patterns.
I could understand if we had spent £40m in the last 2 seasons, but we've not, we've backed every manager going and we've fecked it up. We've had every opportunity to be successful and shite managers have done us over.

Varane has joined Sancho in the long list of players he turned on. Even when he needs him, he won't play him. Guy is just ridiculously stubborn and so full of himself as if he thinks the players should be slaves or something.

We are heading for some hidings again it appears.

Ten Hag has truly used up the goodwill at this stage, we are a shambles.

Regardless of the starting 11 there's no excuse for no shape or work rate.
That's on the coaching team.

Eddie Howe is hard to like but him and Unai Emery have both exposed Ten Hag by coming in and turning around sqauds that were far worse than ours after Ten Hag was already United manager.

I am finally completely done with him. I had been hopeful despite all the negative records and the dull purposeless football under him, but I still don’t see any signs at all of even slight improvement.

Make no mistake either if a new manager comes in he has to be allowed to get rid of all these lazy bastards. Anyone who refuses to simply sprint to close down the opposition, press, or work their ass off needs binning. Now is the time for pur board to be brave enough to allow the next manager get rid of Rashford and the likes because they simply don't work hard enough, Being in shape and fit and running your socks off is the simplest thing in football but we must be the worst team in the League for it in the last 10 years. Get rid of all of them no matter who they are. Newcastle are literally a story of how hard graft will take you far. That first 11 have played 3 games in a row and they ran us off the pitch and Rashford was, again, the worst culprit.

Why ultimately? He did really well before the new owners put money in the club. Many of the current players he signed while still under the previous (disastrous) ownership.
What are you talking about? The official takeover date was early October 2021.

https://theathletic.com/5077168/202...tive Richard,Newcastle United in October 2021.

Eddie Howe got the job some time in November 2021. He's the first manager appointment under the new ownership. Emery was also inquired but he turned down the offer to stay with Villarreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.