Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not blame free but look at the squad today and tell me if any other top team would have kept so many of this players playing for them. Most of them are even from before ETH got here. AWB, Maguire, Dalot, McTominay and Martial all in our starting line up when they would have been sold by any top 6 club years ago. VDB, Lindelof and Pellistri all on the bench too. That's 8 players who everyone knows have no future here yet at Man United are allowed to stink the place up indefinitely.

Add Rahford to this list, no top team would have kept him for so long.

And whose fault is that?

It's the fault of every manager we've had for the last 10 years but especially the fault of the club runners who have let the same mistakes happen over and over again. Not many ETH signings out there today but plenty of players who wouldn't have lasted a season at City before being sold. Yet we keep holding on to these absolute dubs for years and years. See the problem is the manager but you have to be completely stupid to have watched the last 10 years and think that any manager (and I include Pep and Klopp in this) can just magically come in and fix this. ETH wanted Maguire and McTominay sold this season and look here they are in the starting team. Can't sell a player and replace them unless you are allowed to by the higher ups.

We may fluke a win here somehow even but playing like this is not sustainable. We look like a lower division team playing a top PL side.

Win lose or draw against Newcastle, ETH isn’t getting his messages to this team or they are a stubborn and unmotivated bunch

It's a hard choice when every player you have to choose from is shite.
This is just not an excuse, especially today. Newcastle have played the same 11 three games in a row because of injuries, and made no subs against PSG. They’ve literally had 4 keepers on the bench at times because there’s no other players available.
Same 11, and yet here they are dominating us without any issue. Oh and that’s with a 17 year old in midfield!

there’s just no excuse for how absolutely pathetic our performance is right now.

Jose, Ole and ETH have somehow all served up the same dog shit football. It's fecking ridiculous.

Yes, I will take Ancelloti. I can't take anymore of this shite

Seriously, how can people want more of this? The guy has no tactics. No clue. I'd take a chance with a caretaker over what is guaranteed to be more shite under Ten Hag.

Give him another 500m so he can have a bigger quantity of shite to choose from.

It's not just him though is it? Hardly any of those players out there is his signings. It's a culmination of 10 absolute shit years. 10 years this has been happening under multiple managers yet we still have people like you that somehow think we'll find the next Fergie and everything will be ok. Suddenly Maguire and McTominay (2 players ETH wanted replaced this summer but wasn't given his wish and are now starting) will be PL winning players. When are people like you going to realise that the real issue is how this club is run from the top. I'm not saying ETH is great but even Pep and Klopp would fail here with how things are at the highest level and I am certain of that. Ole wanted Haaland and Bellingham and got neither, ETH wanted Kim and Kane and got neither. Until this club actually wants to win a PL and act like it then we can't be surprised that more ambitious clubs are better than us.

I'm all for changing the manager but lets say we get De Zerbi next week then I guarantee you his career is in tatters 2 years later into managing us.

It's not just him though is it? Hardly any of those players out there is his signings. It's a culmination of 10 absolute shit years. 10 years this has been happening under multiple managers yet we still have people like you that somehow think we'll find the next Fergie and everything will be ok. Suddenly Maguire and McTominay (2 players ETH wanted replaced this summer but wasn't given his wish and are now starting) will be PL winning players. When are people like you going to realise that the real issue is how this club is run from the top. I'm not saying ETH is great but even Pep and Klopp would fail here with how things are at the highest level and I am certain of that. Ole wanted Haaland and Bellingham and got neither, ETH wanted Kim and Kane and got neither. Until this club actually wants to win a PL and act like it then we can't be surprised that more ambitious clubs are better than us.

I'm all for changing the manager but lets say we get De Zerbi next week then I guarantee you his career is in tatters 2 years later into managing us.
Ten Hag's job is to right the wrongs of previous managers. All he has done is waste more money and add to the problems for the next manager.

People blame Casemiro for being finished, yet Mainoo is playing well relatively and even he still can't stop the midfield from being completely overrun. I'm not sure Rodri or anyone in world football could. That's a tactical and system issue then, it's like a super open 4-1-4-1 that you'd set up for a team that dominates the ball, yet picks players like McTominay who hide from the ball in possession and Bruno who plays a killer pass each time. We just get outplayed all the time, it's embarrassing. The results actually aren't even as bad as they could be, relative to the majority of the performances. That's damning on the manager.
It’s beyond me why he hasn’t put Amrabat beside Mainoo in a proper midfield two. McTominay has the least passes of all midfielders on the pitch by some distance again

This is just not an excuse, especially today. Newcastle have played the same 11 three games in a row because of injuries, and made no subs against PSG. They’ve literally had 4 keepers on the bench at times because there’s no other players available.
Same 11, and yet here they are dominating us without any issue. Oh and that’s with a 17 year old in midfield!

there’s just no excuse for how absolutely pathetic our performance is right now.

Yeah but that 11 for Newcastle are actually good players whereas our 11 are shite. It's not hard to understand, they simply have a better team than us by a huge distance.

He's having his job saved by Maguire whom he wanted sold in summer ? How hilarious is that.

Jose, Ole and ETH have somehow all served up the same dog shit football. It's fecking ridiculous.

His obsession with playing McT will cost him his job, we are so so open with that log playing there.

These two statements can go together. The mad thing is last season he quickly decided McTominay wasn't good enough and led to an upturn in form, yet this season he's straight back in the teamsheet in every game.

Watching United play after 2 months and I am quite shocked at how much this team has regressed. No passion or movement at all

I do see it and just how long can this continue?

Results aside, we could still go on and win but games like this shows levels of coaching when you compare Eddie Howe's Newcastle to EtH's United.

EtH's has just done an absolute dross job in getting us to progress, the fact that he has to rely on the players he didn't believe in prior shows that he's trying to scrap wins over style but it's just not going to get us anywhere long term.

No doubt he’ll praise the performance and say we showed a lot of character, and journalists won’t question him.

Yet another game where we look like relegation fodder against a good team. I just can’t see what it is we’re trying to do in these kinds of matches.

A first half performance that’s summed up our manager. Uninspiring to say the very least.

Man to man press in midfield is a complete suicide mission. I really can't understand it. What is he thinking? Our press is completely disorganised still and always leave their fullback free too.

Ok so you've made your mind up that managing in the Eredivisie and winning titles there is worth shit. ten Hag has managed one season outside of that league (except for Bayern II) so what exactly is he supposed to achieve then? How can you possibly compare him to Pep who managed Barca as his first job in management? A lot of managers would kill for ten Hag's résumé. He has achieved a lot, not as much as the likes of Klopp or Mourinho but it's apples and oranges. Every managers career path is different. Who knows what he will go on to win in the future.

Frank de Boer won the Dutch league four times, would you want him to be Man United manager?

Ten Hag's job is to right the wrongs of previous managers. All he has done is waste more money and add to the problems for the next manager.

Exactly and he's been allowed to do that by the higher ups. For 10 years they have let multiple managers mess things up. Here's the thing, no manager can fix this. There is no Fergie anymore. Until the rot at the top is changed there is no point in changing manager. Until a board lets us spend money to buy Kane and the likes there is simply no point in ruining the career of another coach. Answer me this, do you think it is reasonable to expect someone to right the wrongs of 10 years in the space of 18 months? Should I expect you to walk into a failing company that has been bleeding money for 10 years and turn it around in a year? Oh and the thing is that you have to work under the same board that are responsible for the company failing for those 10 years.

Shit on a stick football. At least we don't have the excuse of having injured players looking at Newcastle. They are still able perform at a pretty high level despite their injuries. We aren't as our manager is done.

Thats an Antonio Conte performance. Terrible stuff. As if the two teams are playing different sports.

Just sub Rashford off please. He can't even do the basis right. And we gotta do smth else we won't be as lucky in the second half.

It's especially disheartening because he was supposed to be the man who got us playing progressive football. Who was going to have us inflict our game on opposition teams regardless of their quality. This type of football was kinda expected with Moyes, José and, well, no one knew what to expect with Ole.

At least with van Gaal we attempted this. There were times we played on the front foot against the better teams in the league. It's just that, with him, the intent was there but the execution was lacking. Erik was supposed to bring what van Gaal was attempting to do but a modern, progressive version.

Even with injuries, we should be playing better than this. I said after Galatatasary that if we didn't play two midfielders instead of this one midfielder behind McTominay and Bruno nonsense, we'd be in for a hammering, and it's only through luck we're not down by multiple goals already. Then there's starting Rashford. I just don't understand him. Even if we scrape a result, this is not sustainable.

If he were Newcastle manager, would he get them playing like they are now? I don’t think so, he hasn’t adapted to English football at all, he has no discernible style of play or approach, and I can’t see any plan in our games other than hoping one of the attacking players does some magic.

Yeah but that 11 for Newcastle are actually good players whereas our 11 are shite. It's not hard to understand, they simply have a better team than us by a huge distance.
So players like Almiron, Lascelles, Miley, and Livramento are proven more capable players than what we have? .

Lascelles hasn’t been starting games for ages. They’ve got 2 kids that hardly have any PL experience until now.

there’s only 2 high profile players on that team: Guimaraes and Isak.

Status
Not open for further replies.