Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor. As far as I can see, his tactics for attack seem to be to walk the ball up with Dalot and Maguire, slowly, then misplace a pass into midfield or the forward line.

This football is as bad as under Rangnick. Less goal threat than than worst of LVG, but at least we could control a ball.

I hope he at least makes a point about the inconsistency with penalties ie the Spurs one was more obvious than that. Only Klopp seems to get away with moaning these days

Nearly £400m spent and nearly 18 months on the job and there is still no clear style or pattern of play. I could not tell you what we are trying to do. Even Sean Dyche has a established a clear pattern of play at Everton. We look no different from the way we looked under Rangnick.

Nearly £400m spent and nearly 18 months on the job and there is still no clear style or pattern of play. I could not tell you what we are trying to do. Even Sean Dyche has a established a clear pattern of play at Everton. We look no different from the way we looked under Rangnick.
Don’t see how getting a few players back from injury will change this, either. I think we’ll just limply drag on until a proper pasting and then he’ll be gone

Quite damning considering the players had completely given up trying when Rangnick was in charge

Joke. We look awful. One wonders if we’d have gone for Pochettino where we would be right now…
Much better of. We definitely have a much better players (no ajax regen players), football identity, better tactical and will be more likable.

I wish we had a project similar to that of chelsea right now that focus on youth and players that fit a possession oriented style, rather than a project to rekindle ETH Ajax side.

He is clueless, just a matter of time before he is sacked. I thought he was a good manager but he is not. 400m invested in new players and this is what we get.

We played better than this last season though, I don't understand how we've regressed so much, we should have been kicking on instead.
We scored the least goals in the top 6. The previous season being so bad was what made it look better than it was.

Johnny Evans moving into midfield when in possession

It’s like, let’s copy Pep and City, despite the fact we can’t defend, we can’t score, can’t keep possession… but the answer is a fecking gimmick. Sigh.

We just play to the opposition's level every week, there's no attempt whatsoever to impose ourselves on games. We could play a League 2 side tomorrow and it'd be close because we'd try to match them instead of having initiative.

They type of players he’s targeted since he came in were a tell tale sign of the type of team he wanted to build and the type of football we play is a reflection of that. Slow and boring.

This forum is insufferable lately.

We created very good chances and defended well. Unlucky to concede a penalty.

Don’t see how getting a few players back from injury will change this, either. I think we’ll just limply drag on until a proper pasting and then he’ll be gone

You don’t see how regaining our ENTIRE first choice back four would change the way we play???

I just don't like how we suddenly play on the back foot against everyone in the entire league. If he keeps doing that he's not going to last because that's not the way to get us back to the top.

The inability to keep hold of a lead is a massive problem but…..christ the players available to him are mostly shite.

Overall we’ve done well in the game considering the injuries.

It's not even the awful results it's the horrible football for me. I just want to watch my team play half decent football. It's not asking for much

It’s no hyperbole to say we play some of the worst football in the league

It’s honestly a disgrace

I want to see what happens when we get our injured defenders back. If we play like this with Varane, Shaw, and AWB back in the team, he's going to get sacked. The only excuse he has is the injuries and even that isn't an excuse to play as bad as we are. We shouldn't be playing this badly against the worst team in the league.

This forum is insufferable lately.

We created very good chances and defended well. Unlucky to concede a penalty.

Holy moly did we create good chances against the 20th team in the league with one point out of 8 games. Great achievement.

I said it before Ten Hag fans are bringing the Man United's standards to rock bottom just to defend the guy.

Genuinely don’t have a clue what he’s trying to build anymore. We’re such a nothing team with no obvious style or plan. Just a mismatch of players all doing their own thing without a single hint of chemistry between them. I could at least have faith if he was clearly trying to implement a certain style, but he’s not. 18 months in the job and I couldn’t tell you what kind of football he wants his team to play.

He has been really unlucky with injuries and I get that but regardless of whether we go on to win this match i just feel the writing is on the wall at this point. We're just stumbling through games, the same players making the same mistakes, and maybe someone will pull something out of the hat. Just not a solid foundation at all.

Injuries yes.

But he still has better players at his disposal than Sheffield United as far as I can see.

You don’t see how regaining our ENTIRE first choice back four would change the way we play???
Not enough to the extent to radically change the way we play as an overall entity. We had our ENTIRE first choice back four for the end of last season as well as the very start of this one and it was hardly free flowing football.

Status
Not open for further replies.