Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he fails here the whole world will see clear as day that we are the problem. Not that he's blameless but our hierarchy of imbeciles walked right into a number of the same mistakes especially ones from LVG's time here, this time even worse because they were convinced this team was better than it was and only needed tweaks. I also still can't believe the shte ole built.

tweaks? We spend money like its made out of trees

Its always one step forward, two steps back with this fecking club. EtH isn't truely at fault as the quality of the squad is mid-table level, but a better manager gets a better tune out of these players in my opinion, but you can't expect miracles with players so uncomfortable in possession.

Some fans are an absolute disgrace. Was ETH backed in the summer, no. So what do we do sack him, get another manager in then in 2 years sack him again. The issues is the Glazers.
Honestly yes, that's what literally every club does. Our problem isn't excessive sacking, it's that we give the manager ownership over everything - scouting, squad building, transfers, etc. So changing managers ends up being a difficult process that's not as seamless for us as it is for other clubs.

An entirely different style of football to what exactly? Ole has been a far superior manager to this con artist.
FFS. Ole was an embarrassing joke. ETH has won leagues with Ajax (a team who has won more European trophies than we have). And won cups in Holland and England. He is getting shafted by a dysfunctional joke of a club. No manager can succeed here while the club is being run by idiots.

I don’t know what to make of him with regards to the start of the season. He’s obviously inherited an absolute mess of a football team that can’t play cohesive modern football, press in an organised manner and has major attitude / professionalism / culture problems. At the same time of course he has spent a lot. And then you have the injury and off field issues plaguing the team and it’s all a bit of a shit show. My main issue is that we don’t look an team that has developed in terms of playing out from the back enough. On the other hand I think he’s having to juggle a lot of problems at this football club.

Have the Ajax fans not called out his stubbornness as one of his biggest issues? Not sure what is it he's trying to achieve this season in terms of attacking system. We are somehow worse in every area of the pitch after spending close to 200 mil in the summer.
The weird part is that he changed system today - and didn't revert back to what we've been used to at all when this new change is what caused the issues

I’d bet my house ETH would use the word “principles” in his press conference and allude to the fact that the team didn’t play by those “principles”

Some fans are an absolute disgrace. Was ETH backed in the summer, no. So what do we do sack him, get another manager in then in 2 years sack him again. The issues is the Glazers.
Poor Erik. Only the £150m or so spent. We should back him more. Another £50m player or two is all we're missing

Not making further subs is criminal; pellistri or garnacho wasted. Why is Rashford still on the field and why is he sticking with Mctominay? Why are the managers sticking with these vintage has-beens; its one thing losing against brighton and another losing consistently by more than one goal.

Why can't be play good football? We bought players he want. He has had a year plus for him to implement his style.

This is where you back the manager. Not when players down tools and sulk. They have done it before and they’ll do it again. They will through him under the bus the first chance they get. How many managers can you go through in this same fashion before it begins to click? Most of these players need to go.

It's hard to get too worked up about this to be honest. Club's been alienating fans for so long, we're watching the likes of the Glazers, Arnold and Murtagh put in charge of overseeing a football club, manager, facilities, recruitment etc etc. And these people are absolute clowns. Their bungling of literally every affair possible (from Greenwood to Antony and everything in between). Watching Sancho behave the way he does - as our highest paid player! - is just further alienating and symptomatic of the club.

Watching that 'defending', if that's what you'd call it, is priceless in it's own little way. Signing about £150m of injured players to start the season and 'hit the ground running' is pure United. Watching Erik Ten Hag sub Hojlund off for Martial, I mean who even cares anymore. Did we sign Hojlund for his energy and high pressing and thought Martial would be able to do the same? Pure comedy club, we may as well just go with it.

Anyways are we all ready for the great reset? God knows what the new manager will make of our blowing the budget on Mason Mount to become the best transitional team in the world (but no idea what to do when we win the ball back). What's the point of a high press when all our goals come from breakaways? We're gonna be stuck with half a team best of Eredivisie 2021/2022 and a couple of randomers for the next guy.

The weird part is that he changed system today - and didn't revert back to what we've been used to at all when this new change is what caused the issues
But given the flow of the game and how many shots both teams had, and our domination in the opening 30, was the set up wrong? Or is it our pointlessness at both ends of the pitch that was the issue (not absolving him)?

Shipped 10 goals in 4 games.

i dont know why we signed Onana when we concede so many good chances every game. We need more of a shotstopper
Because the cultists then got convinced that we are playing as a passing team. And because he played for him before.

When is it not considered knee jerk to make the assumption he might be out of his depth.
The team still doesn't really have a identity, well apart from being soft.

You’re literally the type of fan the Glazers love
In what way?

Its more the other way round, they love fans that blame the manager and want them sacked every five minutes, instead of looking at the real problems.

This is where you back the manager. Not when players down tools and sulk. They have done it before and they’ll do it again. They will through him under the bus the first chance they get.

Question is why aren't we playing good football.

I think the biggest improvement Arsenal made was hiring Edu. He's been brilliant at identifying players who excel in their general play and targeting them.

We need someone similar. That needs to be addressed ASAP.

It's scary the amount of money he's been allowed to spend.

Are you serious? It’s the fault of the dickheads that we have negotiating transfers, ETH will say who he wants. But the clowns that we have in executive positions I wouldn't let flip burgers in McDonald’s. He’s been sold an absolute lemon he really has, it’s no surprise that there are common denominators, we have had elite mangers and players and all of them have been spat out by the sheer incompetence of our owners and executives ,

It's scary the amount of money he's been allowed to spend.
Indeed. I've worked with multiple large multi-billion dollar organizations in my career. Not a single one of them would hire a senior executive and immediately hand him/her full authority over how to invest hundreds of millions of dollars.

United has done just that, over and over, to predictably disastrous results.

Starting to lose faith in him. We don’t look a well-coached team at all. Just look at how Brighton are playing with half their team out.

In what way?

Its more the other way round, they love fans that blame the manager and want them sacked every five minutes, instead of looking at the real problems.
Wait, what? The Glazers forced Ten Hag to spend £400m largely on shite.

This is where you back the manager. Not when players down tools and sulk. They have done it before and they’ll do it again. They will through him under the bus the first chance they get. How many managers can you go through in this same fashion before it begins to click? Most of these players need to go.
Most of the players have gone, he has signed what 11 or 12, plus 2 in loan last season plus promoted a few. It is his team.

The manager should be sacked the moment he starts losing games. Then the next manager should be asked to work with those players and if he cannot, he should be sacked too.

It is what every club whose the combined IQ of management and fanbase is in three-digits does.

Why can't he play good football? We bought players he want. He has had a year plus for him to implement his style.

I m not for sacking him now, but he needs to shows us what we taught he would bring
He's 53, mate

Question is why aren't we playing good football.

We were the better team until they scored for sure. You can see the style of play he’s trying to implement. While I do agree some choices are questionable he’s going to need time to really get it right.
For me, too many of these players aren’t it.

Been shite since February. I see zero improvement from Ole. Gets battered just as often and just as big of a mess all over. At least Ole at times got multiple forward players firing at once.

Well what is the market now ?150M will get you nothing now
Rice, Caicedo went for 100M each
some people truly are stupid, we have Mr fecking bean running negotiation’s at this club, things would be entirely different under Qatar with the same manager and competent executives.

Brighton score 3 cut back goals, Reguillon overlaps a bunch of times for Rashford and he pretty much never plays the ball, very rarely plays the ball across to Rasmus, one of the few times he does Rasmus scores although dissallowed and people wonder why we never score the type of goals City or Brighton score...

We were the better team until they scored for sure. You can see the style of play he’s trying to implement. While I do agree some choices are questionable he’s going to need time to really get it right.
For me, too many of these players aren’t it.
We created absolutely nothing before they scored.

This is where you back the manager. Not when players down tools and sulk. They have done it before and they’ll do it again. They will through him under the bus the first chance they get.

Despite an earlier post I made in here perhaps to the contrary, I don't think I want EtH gone, but why are they downing tools again? If it's 'cos of the manager, there's only one outcome for a club team no matter what. Regardless, the performances are a million miles off where they should be, off field shit or not (I include player issues and sale issues in that).

Hope we don't lose Hannibal for peanuts because of his refusal to give him a proper chance. Can't believe McTominay is still used ahead of him. Anyway he's pretty close to done now.

Status
Not open for further replies.