Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
United fans love to cultivate their manager-worshipping religion. But we have been atrocious since March, so waiting things to improve just because is a bit deluded, isn’t it?

When we face the likes of Liverpool, City or Bayern we’ll get twatted again. But we genuinely deserve every bit of misery we get.
Maybe a blessing in disguise. Maybe the Glazers see even Eth cannot turn this club around, so they sell?

Rashford hasn’t allowed anyone else to be much of a threat to be fair.
He’s literally been the only one to get a ball into the box for us. Twice got to the byline and pulled it back. Who else is doing anything?

Who else is there tell me that? The two midfielders he bought are both injured
As I keep going on about it, Pellistri.

I'd have subbed Rashford for Martial and put Bruno in the 10, in the formation we've played all of last season.

There’s just too much toxicity at the club with everything going on for the team to give 100% and ETH will lose his job.

I do wonder why we have no real style of play whilst in possession it’s ok wanting your team to press but maybe work on the basics of the game first like putting 5 passes together and making runs off the ball?

The club is a disgrace. The owners, directors, over paid players the fecking lot of them are a waste of time
Some fans are an absolute disgrace. Was ETH backed in the summer, no. So what do we do sack him, get another manager in then in 2 years sack him again. The issues is the Glazers.

He will end up as another victim of shambolic structure at the club. I think we need a hard reset with the leeches leaving first and foremost, and some actual system put in place where competent people are put in charge. The fact we still give manager the ultimate power on transfers is ridiculous. We need a DoF with some philosophy on how to play, and what sort of players who fit into that. So, that anytime we sack a manager and hire a new one, we don't have to give them £500m to assemble their squad because the previous manager had completely different philosophy.
He is not a victim of anything. Sure, under the right circumstances he would have done better, but he is a genuinely meh manager. All talk but cannot do much right.

This isn’t good enough. And spending big money on a goalkeeer who can’t make saves doesn’t help.

Today is the first time I'm really annoyed with him specifically and not the squad, and questioning his calls. Fair enough to try a new system. Adjust it when it's clearly not working. He hasn't. Fully out coached.

I mean feck it's so painfully evident that the system is what's causing our issues today. So frustrating.

If the squad fitness is already in the toilet in September then it is properly over.

This team cant defend. Cant win 50/50s. No physical presence except for Hojlund. Now they cant even keep a decent energy level.

Rashford proving he's only a 1 season wonder. Motivation in the bin along with fitness.

Maybe ETH is playing a game for the fans - play shit and look like we won't get top 4 to force Glazer's to cash in as quickly as possible

Sorry but this is the Glazers, how manny managers now, and look at that pathetic transfer budget. This is 100% on the glazers

I’d be surprised if ETH is here after Bayern. The team will start turning against him if this continues.
On a side note, I wish I had appreciated the late 90s and 2000s more when we were a proper football club. Never did I fathom us to become an utter global laughing stock in the footballing world

Injuries are no excuse. Brighton have plenty of them and look at how they’re playing. There’s no identity to the play, and we still depend on some individual brilliance, which is basically how it was under Ole. Now we don’t have De Gea to save our ass.

If the squad fitness is already in the toilet in September then it is properly over.

This team cant defend. Cant win 50/50s. No physical presence except for Hojlund. Now they cant even keep a decent energy level.

Rashford proving he's only a 1 season wonder. Motivation in the bin along with fitness.
He reverted to bring trash. Was easy to see that he was playing for that contract.

I’d be surprised if ETH is here after Bayern. The team will start turning against him if this continues.
On a side note, I wish I had appreciated the late 90s and 2000s more when we were a proper football club. Never did I fathom us to become an utter global laughing stock in the footballing world

Ffs. :lol:

All I want to know is that what system are we trying to play or how is it different than last few years. Can someone please explain?

Be interesting to see who Qatar wants in.
This De Zerbi guy aint bad. He made bunch of nothing players play like prime Barca against us. We got dominated agains Brighton at home.

Some fans are an absolute disgrace. Was ETH backed in the summer, no. So what do we do sack him, get another manager in then in 2 years sack him again. The issues is the Glazers.

Sorry but this is the Glazers, how manny managers now, and look at that pathetic transfer budget. This is 100% on the glazers
Today was on him. Do glazers make us play like dogshite on the pitch ? He was backed last season remember we spent 100m for his golden boy from Ajax. This season we spent almost 150m

Last edited:
You know what, he's played a blinder with the Sancho thing too. Picked up a nice little army of loyalists who fantasize about a player-power problem at the club (not saying there isn't but which clubs don't have them) and our managerial knight in shinning armor weeding out all the 'bad eggs' before taking us to years and years of success. They have pitched their tent on his side now and will be even harder to convince of the horrible job he has done to progress our play. Whatever reasonable argument you put in front of that group will now be met with 'toxic player culture', 'players hung him out to dry', we've seen it all before.
Aye. It would have been funny if we had not seen this before. Just change his name with Ole or Jose and it is like reading the posts from a few years back.

I guess the truth is a bit more hurtful: He just is nowhere near as good as United (or the cultish fanbase) thinks. He is not even a top 5 manager in the league.

He’s literally been the only one to get a ball into the box for us. Twice got to the byline and pulled it back. Who else is doing anything?

He’s tried to score the goal of the season every time, and the two occasions he crossed the ball have not been nearly enough. Even when he has crossed it, he’s often taken too long to do so IMO.

So so strange. I thought we were getting some Ajax Cruijffian nerd to be a BTEC Pep, then he goes ahead and ends up with a central midfield that don’t know how to play short passes
Weird thing is he said recently that he wants United to be the best transition team in the world because that's the history of the club. I found that a bit weird as I was under the impression that his Ajax teams loved to dominate possession and build slowly.

Could be wrong but seems another instance of the club's history getting to a post SAF manager

Today is the first time I'm really annoyed with him specifically and not the squad, and questioning his calls. Fair enough to try a new system. Adjust it when it's clearly not working. He hasn't. Fully out coached.
Have the Ajax fans not called out his stubbornness as one of his biggest issues? Not sure what is it he's trying to achieve this season in terms of attacking system. We are somehow worse in every area of the pitch after spending close to 200 mil in the summer.

If he fails here the whole world will see clear as day that we are the problem. Not that he's blameless but our hierarchy of imbeciles walked right into a number of the same mistakes especially ones from LVG's time here, this time even worse because they were convinced this team was better than it was and only needed tweaks. I also still can't believe the shte teamole built. No ball savvy midfielders in this day and age?

If I’m honest there’s a big part of me that wants to see us implode this season like Chelsea last season so the parasitic cnut owners leave, I honestly believe a horrific season when the focus is clearly on them and it’s already clear they can’t afford to keep us is worth it if it means they go although it’ll also cost ETH his job at the same time.
Honestly, if we end up not making it into the CL, there's no real difference between finishing 6th and finishing 17th. Whatever gets the Glazers out quicker is best for us in the long run.

The accountability is on the person who was in charge of getting Kim Min Jae or Todibo. And the owners who were supposed to make a budget available to get them, because owners should care about the club they own.
You mean Ten Hag? All of it hinged on Maguire leaving. We could have brought them in regardless and spent money more wisely on different positions. Instead he wasted 55 mil on Mount, overpaid 70 mil for Hojlund (not knocking either players, not their fault) which depleted the entire budget after we got Onana.

The clown of a keeper he signed can't save any half decent shot. Mason Mount was a odd signing that we didn't need.

He signings all have huge question marks over them.

Way too early. We don’t pull the trigger like that. Unless we lose 17-0, or something

Shipped 10 goals in 4 games.

i dont know why we signed Onana when we concede so many good chances every game. We need more of a shotstopper

He’s tried to score the goal of the season every time, and the two occasions he crossed the ball have not been nearly enough. Even when he has crossed it, he’s often taken too long to do so IMO.
It’s comfortably more than anybody else has done. Bringing him off would’ve been fecking insane.

They're not even doing a good job at that, judging by the shocking amounts wasted on poor transfers over the years.

Oh 100%

It's the same old strategy.

1) Fail to plan and invest.
2) Persist with average players on big contracts.
3) perform bad and panic buy more average/past it players on big contracts.
4) scrape a top 4 finish and internally pat themselves on the back.
5) go back to 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.