Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at the game, left on 80th minute. He’ll be gone by Christmas at this rate. Team look disjointed, lethargic and crocked. No idea what the formation or strategy was, players jogging around. Bruno at fullback. Stands were hurling abuse at him and the team.

Some fans are an absolute disgrace. Was ETH backed in the summer, no. So what do we do sack him, get another manager in then in 2 years sack him again. The issues is the Glazers.

He was backed he’s spent over 400m in 12 months stop with the bullshit his signings haven’t been good enough. We’re signing ‘sweeper keepers’ and wanting to’ counter press’ it’s all a fecking myth we‘ve seen nothing but shit football for over 12 months we can’t put 5 passes together and players on 200k+ a week don’t know how to make off the ball runs

Teams like Brighton, Wolves even Moyes’ West Ham shit all over our ‘brand’ of football before we even compare to the real teams in this league.

The club is a circus. The owners and directors are a disgrace I agree with you but they’re not solely to blame, they spent money on targets he obviously wanted because the vast majority are former ETH players

Brighton have just run all over us with a squad consisting of Welbeck, Lallana, Milner and Gilmour Im not having this he’s not been backed bollocks

Well what is the market now ?150M will get you nothing now
Rice, Caicedo went for 100M each
We're getting battered by a team that spent pennies in comparison to us. I'm sorry but saying Ten Hag wasn't backed is laughable. We spend more money than 99.99% of clubs on the planet

City lost 5 games all season last year, we're on 3 after 5 games.

Season's over already. Start planning for next year now, even if it involves a different manager

He's just a poundland Van Gaal ain't he?

Can we just get an attacking assertive manager for once

Starting to lose faith in him. We don’t look a well-coached team at all. Just look at how Brighton are playing with half their team out.

Ajax were very well coached. At what point do you look at the club and realize no one can be successful here.

If he had replaced Maguire, Mctominay with players he wanted. Had the ability to bring in another striker, and could have swapped Sancho to a player who has faith in I think we'd look very different.

If he fails here the whole world will see clear as day that we are the problem. Not that he's blameless but our hierarchy of imbeciles walked right into a number of the same mistakes especially ones from LVG's time here, this time even worse because they were convinced this team was better than it was and only needed tweaks. I also still can't believe the shte teamole built. No ball savvy midfielders in this day and age?

Nonsense! \

Him failing will not be any different to any half-decent manager failing after being initially hyped up. Nothing to do with the football club, we will still get our pick of managers. There are always more good managers than top clubs open to taking them. We have seen it before with AVB, Emery, Pochettino, and even Tuchel and Nagelsmann to an extent. You will get sacked if you don't meet basic expectations regardless of how shitty the higher-ups are.

This is where you back the manager. Not when players down tools and sulk. They have done it before and they’ll do it again. They will through him under the bus the first chance they get. How many managers can you go through in this same fashion before it begins to click? Most of these players need to go.
Yea, but why are the players he bought on sulking? If he buy him more players he wants, won't that circle continue?

I m still backing him in the meantime, but my criteria is often more than just win result. I want to see effective football and us dominating important statistic. Because I understand that if we win ugly, it just put tap over a larger Crack.

Going into this game, I knew we would be outplayed. I m not surprised that this happened.

We're getting battered by a team that spent pennies in comparison to us. I'm sorry but saying Ten Hag wasn't backed is laughable. We spend more money than 99.99% of clubs on the planet
That means their scouting is good ..
Their players are worth more than ours
We need a top down reshuffle of the Team

Some fans are an absolute disgrace. Was ETH backed in the summer, no. So what do we do sack him, get another manager in then in 2 years sack him again. The issues is the Glazers.
He kind of was-No centre back signing was a big issue but Mount, Onana, Hojlund etc were big money signings and to be honest they look a bit underwhelming in these early days.

Agree that the Glazers need to go first but a DoF needs to come in to stop this stupid wasting of money that happens every year. if the next manager comes in and decides he doesn't like Antony or Onana then that's 120 million wasted right there.

He's been backed 100%.

Onana
Martinez
Malacia
Casemiro
Eriksen
Mount
Amrabat
Antony
Hojlund

All within 2 summers. Most of those are the managers own choices too so he has no excuses.

Man everything is a mess right now. Gonna be tough for him to survive this mess. So hard to tell where the blame lies so much to go around

Not acceptable. Yes we have many injuries, but our XI is miles better than theirs yet they look a notch above organisationally.

If I'm honest, I'm running out of excuses for him at this point. The club is a complete shitshow from top to bottom though.

Buying Antony and Mount for £150m are sackable offences on their own.

So he set the price did he? And if I recall correctly we could have had him much cheaper for our bumbling directors the price was almost doubled. And if all accounts are true, our scouting and recruitment team are dog shit so ETH has had to be more hands on that he would have liked. Look at the absolute clowns that we have in charge, FFS they paid £80 million for Maguire, 90 million for Pogba. ETH was nowhere near the club for those feck ups. The one common denominator is right in everyone’s faces.

Ask yourself why Brighton can lose their manager few weeks into the season, hire another one, and carry on even better than before. You will have your answer why every manager who comes to Manchester United will fail miserably.

That's all there is to it.

I suspect another rebuild awaits next season, though.

Despite an earlier post I made in here perhaps to the contrary, I don't think I want EtH gone, but why are they downing tools again? If it's 'cos of the manager, there's only one outcome for a club team no matter what. Regardless, the performances are a million miles off where they should be, off field shit or not (I include player issues and sale issues in that).

Because they don’t like the way he is managing? The sancho situation probably hasn’t helped him. They probably aren’t happy with the treatment of him so publicly because if he does it to sancho; he’ll do it to them.

we need a manager to hold them accountable though. I’d argue most of these players wouldn’t get a look in in most top 6 sides and that’s the sad reality. Infact I could name 5/6 of our starting line up that should go before ETH does.

He's just a poundland Van Gaal ain't he?

Can we just get an attacking assertive manager for once
LVG was our only manager post-SAF where we seemed to actually have an identity and a clear style of play.

Granted, that style of play was horribly boring and ineffective, but it was there.

As with our play style under other managers, I just don't see what we're trying to do here or how we're trying to play.

He is not a victim of anything. Sure, under the right circumstances he would have done better, but he is a genuinely meh manager. All talk but cannot do much right.

He's spent money poorly, but that is precisely my point. In todays world, you cannot give manager all the power. With budget being limited, signings being uber expensive. You can't really afford to get many wrong. But, this is the same story under every single manager. There's no hierarchy, no structure, no footballing men involved at the top who can step in and tell the manager on short-comings, or alternatives. How many of his former players have we signed? That too for insane money? Do you think any competent club would've allowed manager to get his way so freely? Of course not.

You bring in De Zerbi or whoever the new flavor of the month is, the end story will remain the same. We need a reboot starting at the top, unless and until we fix our footballing structure. Sacking and hiring new managers won't change anything.

So he set the price did he? And if I recall correctly we could have had him much cheaper for our bumbling directors the price was almost doubled. And if all accounts are true, our scouting and recruitment team are dog shit so ETH has had to be more hands on that he would have liked. Look at the absolute clowns that we have in charge, FFS they paid £80 million for Maguire, 90 million for Pogba. ETH was nowhere near the club for those feck ups. The one common denominator is right in everyone’s faces.
You missed 90m for Sancho!

At least Ole was likeable and on some level, we all knew he was clueless unlike the arrogant guy we have in now. This guy acts like he's the second coming of Pep when in reality he's no better than the vast majority of managers in the Premier League.

Is there something wrong with how Ten Hag is doing his pre seasons?

Casemiro looked fantastic last year after he came in after his Madrid pre season.

This season he wouldn’t even get picked for a Soccer Aid team.

Ok I'm done with football for a while. I can't handle yet another shit show of season.

Recruitment has been poor, too much deadwood hasn’t been sold off even when there have been chances to do so. Manager now resorting to picking likes of Mctominay who not only isn’t good enough but can’t even be bothered to put the effort in.

This ends with him getting sacked at some point this season unless he has a big rethink very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.