Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont understand the lineup; Mctominay should not be on that pitch. A midfield with casimero, eriksen and mctominay??? really? Put the youngsters on and just go for it; we look really bad anyway. Hojuland was a good buy. He's positioning and pressing is really good.
Don't disagree. It's just so frustrating.

Brighton look like such a well drilled team, without one single player standing out. Everyone does his bit so brilliantly. We won't beat this team even if we play 5 times in a row.

He will end up as another victim of shambolic structure at the club. I think we need a hard reset with the leeches leaving first and foremost, and some actual system put in place where competent people are put in charge. The fact we still give manager the ultimate power on transfers is ridiculous. We need a DoF with some philosophy on how to play, and what sort of players who fit into that. So, that anytime we sack a manager and hire a new one, we don't have to give them £500m to assemble their squad because the previous manager had completely different philosophy.

Shocking at subs, feckin horrific at transfers, awful coaching, suspect man management. Other than that he's a great manager.

Last time at Arsenal he looked like he was going to have a meltdown. He'll probably explode in his post match interview now.

I think he's done as well tbh. Just everything seems to be going wrong. We've been pish since the the league cup win.

Putting Hojlunds long term health before the club. Idiot. Should run him into the ground in his first start in the most physically demanding leage in the world coming off a concern with his back in his first start in what, 2 months?

Ten Hag is becoming the clueless one.

Why is it that Man utd always hire coach who doesn't know the team and buys players who are mostly useless (clowns) or carrying an injury.

Well they finished behind us. We had a poor season (by our standards) but had been consistently in the top 3 with that squad before that. He’s had enough time and he’s had enough money and he has given us soundbites and discipline but no real patterns of play.

We'd been in the top 3 consistently before that, playing an entirely different style of football, and several of the players key for that were on their way out. EtH has been tasked with completely overhauling the squad, the culture, etc, wheras Brighton have had a football setup aimed at playing a certain way for years before DZ arrived there, with a great foundation for him to build on.

Worried about some of ETH subs and choices but no manager will succeed at this club at present.

Can't clear deadwood and bring in players of the right level. Every club decision is based on how is impacts the bottom line for the owners. We aren't a club focused on the sport.

"£210m spent on Casemiro, Mount and Antony."

Every time I try to find an excuse for ETH I keep remembering all the midfielders we could have easily signed for less than we paid for Mount or Casemiro. Or signed Rice/Enzo for less than the pair. And the dozens of wingers we could have signed for half the price of Antony.

Tbf to Erik, mount, shaw, amrabat, malacia are injured.
Greenwood and Antony have been under investigation and unavailable.
Sancho is downing tools and in dispute with the manager.

we then get shafted by decisions at the emirates.
It’s been pretty unlucky if we are being honest.

Rumours that he's gone after this. Mark Hughes to take over as interim boss with Tim Sherwood as his assistant.

Especially frustrating when you see how Brighton play, having spent a fraction of the money we have.

If he says we played well again in the press conference, you’ll really got to think he’s beyond saving and needs to be sacked.

He has to go. I don't know who will replace him, but this is embarrassing.

He's a bit shit, to be honest. No ideas, no style, we're still Moments FC.

But everything is shit. The owners, the players, player behaviour, the recruitment, the coaching. Not really arsed if he's sacked or not because nothing will change.

Game was over when Hojlund came off. You can sense the players heads dropping. Thats not what a Manchester United manager does at home

What’s the accountability if Lindelof gets to play scared chicken every week and keep getting picked?
The accountability is on the person who was in charge of getting Kim Min Jae or Todibo. And the owners who were supposed to make a budget available to get them, because owners should care about the club they own.

There’s just too much toxicity at the club with everything going on for the team to give 100% and ETH will lose his job.

I do wonder why we have no real style of play whilst in possession it’s ok wanting your team to press but maybe work on the basics of the game first like putting 5 passes together and making runs off the ball?

The club is a disgrace. The owners, directors, over paid players the fecking lot of them are a waste of time

If I’m honest there’s a big part of me that wants to see us implode this season like Chelsea last season so the parasitic cnut owners leave, I honestly believe a horrific season when the focus is clearly on them and it’s already clear they can’t afford to keep us is worth it if it means they go although it’ll also cost ETH his job at the same time.

I know many will justify him because of a couple of injuries that don’t really change much but Brighton have Welbeck, Lallana, inexperienced Adingra and a makeshift defense out there.

He won’t last a season. Many fool themselves he’s good enough because he once recorded a long video talking tactics but he’s a really mediocre coach.
I’ll take any bet that someone will excuse him cause he couldn’t get Kane in the summer, or cause Sancho was mean to him on Twitter, or cause he spent only 400m and signed only 11 players or so.

Meanwhile the manager near him had less time and less money and is schooling him again after schooling him twice last season (albeit we won one of those matches in penalties). At this stage, De Zerbi should ask for some payment for schooling ETH, but I guess he is probably fine with free lessons.

We're getting smashed again. 3-0 at home to Brighton FFS. This is becoming far too common under his reign. Honestly, he needs to feck off if this is what we are to expect.

Worried about some of ETH subs and choices but no manager will succeed at this club at present.

Can't clear deadwood and bring in players of the right level. Every club decision is based on how is impacts the bottom line for the owners. We aren't a club focused on the sport.
They're not even doing a good job at that, judging by the shocking amounts wasted on poor transfers over the years.

United fans love to cultivate their manager-worshipping religion. But we have been atrocious since March, so waiting things to improve just because is a bit deluded, isn’t it?

When we face the likes of Liverpool, City or Bayern we’ll get twatted again. But we genuinely deserve every bit of misery we get.

You know what, he's played a blinder with the Sancho thing too. Picked up a nice little army of loyalists who fantasize about a player-power problem at the club (not saying there isn't but which clubs don't have them) and our managerial knight in shinning armor weeding out all the 'bad eggs' before taking us to years and years of success. They have pitched their tent on his side now and will be even harder to convince of the horrible job he has done to progress our play. Whatever reasonable argument you put in front of that group will now be met with 'toxic player culture', 'players hung him out to dry', we've seen it all before.

We'd been in the top 3 consistently before that, playing an entirely different style of football, and several of the players key for that were on their way out. EtH has been tasked with completely overhauling the squad, the culture, etc, wheras Brighton have had a football setup aimed at playing a certain way for years before DZ arrived there, with a great foundation for him to build on.

An entirely different style of football to what exactly? Ole has been a far superior manager to this con artist.

ETH doesn't have the ability to identify a certain problem within the game and address it right away. This is worrying. He's probably not what I thought he was.

Rumours that he's gone after this. Mark Hughes to take over as interim boss with Tim Sherwood as his assistant.
Honestly wont be anymore worse. Guy is out of his depth. We played like bunch of morons out there

I would love for us to just survive relegation and properly implode so that Glazers feck off

Status
Not open for further replies.