Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just give one manager 5 years and see what he does. There’s no sense in sacking him, because we’d probably go and appoint someone who has no need for Ten Hags players, and we have to sit and wait for the next 6 windows while he clears them all out. Just stick with one guy ffs.

For me because we still look like dog excrement in possession and struggle to hurt teams unless given the chance to counter. We also look defensively frail. We sacked the previous manager for that so whats the reason not to again?

its 3 games into the season is why, if its like this after half a season and we're mid-table then i could understand the suggestion, but at the moment it's a stupid suggestion.

Have we really got this thread? Jesus :lol: Our fan base is tragic. He was the best manager we’ve ever had last season… people wanting to keep changing managers, that’s why we never have a set team and style of play. Give the man time!

Didn't even wait until half-time in the game either.

Reason why is because there are better manager that could be attainable like de zerbi. If the club get bought out, I rather de zerbi conduct the rebuild job than ETH at the moment.

I m not typically a result guy. ETH was brought to improve our footballing aesthetic. If we wanted shoddy wins, we would have just kept Ole. We bought in ETH to imbue an attractive footballing philosophy and I have not seen that yet. When you see how fast Pochettino, postecoglue and de zerbi has changed the culture and footballing nature of their respective club, it shouldn't be that hard to do at United.

This season is the season that we should be challenging for the title and champion league, moreover look more like a cohesive unit. Perhaps it is just a slow start, but that should be expectations going into this season.
Go away Poch. Chelsea fans don’t get a say

You lot are mental.

What's Ten Hag have to do with that first goal? Rashford looked like a 13 year old. Is he supposed to teach Martinez to grow 5 inches? Or for AWB to attack the ball?

Just give one manager 5 years and see what he does. There’s no sense in sacking him, because we’d probably go and appoint someone who has no need for Ten Hags players, and we have to sit and wait for the next 6 windows while he clears them all out. Just stick with one guy ffs.
That's why you put a proper structure in place and take transfer responsibilities away from the manager. The likes of Real, Barca, and Bayern never keep managers for more than 2 years, yet they never seem to have this problem of constant churn and deadwood.

And who's fault is that?
The structure above the manager for being idiots. The managers for actually wanting that power (for example EtH wanted Rangnick out).

It is a shitshow. Which is why I am not advocating for EtH's exit, despite that I think he is somewhere between clueless and average.

The structure above the manager for being idiots. The managers for actually wanting that power (for example EtH wanted Rangnick out).

It is a shitshow. Which is why I am not advocating for EtH's exit, despite that I think he is somewhere between clueless and average.
My thoughts exactly

You lot are mental.

What's Ten Hag have to do with that first goal? Rashford looked like a 13 year old. Is he supposed to teach Martinez to grow 5 inches? Or for AWB to attack the ball?
Without Rashford being into beast-mode last season, ten Hag would have already been sacked.

And who brought Martinez at the club?

Crap transfer window, only top top team that doesn’t seem to want to prioritise pace and passing in DM, ridiculous tour where they spend more time on planes than training pitches across several time zones, means Ten Hag deserves plenty of leeway.

However we do seem to be remarkably easy to score against and lack concentration at key times.

Plus Antony isn’t worth much more than Elanga.

Looks like our team is running out of the steam at half time and Forrest are allowed to back into the game when already up 2-1.

How he managed to have a poor pre-season like this…

its 3 games into the season is why, if its like this after half a season and we're mid-table then i could understand the suggestion, but at the moment it's a stupid suggestion.

we’ve had these problems since before he took over and we still have them now though. He hasnt changed it

Pre season clearly an area that needs addressing. Under baked last season, and again this year. You can't afford to wait until September to get up to speed.

Do we really practice paying sideways all week long? It's incredible how little we have changed in years.

If ETH is sacked then it is a Guardiola/Klopp or nothing. He is the best of the rest, or at least in a group of the best of the rest. There are players who have been at the club through Mourinho, Ole, and now Ten Hag. Some of them Van Gaal too. Those players - who will sometimes have purple patches - are not good enough on an elite level. Over all that time, the transfer handling has been abysmal and largely still is. For example, paying £80 million for a £40 million right winger. None of this means Ten Hag is blameless, but it is obvious he is not the fundamental problem. Until the apathy at the top of the club is removed, the apathy on the pitch will remain.

People have the right to their opinion as to our prospects, but the fact remains that there are a series of teams in the league with…

1) Managers with less time in the job
2) Getting better results
3) Playing much more cohesive and attractive football
4) Far fewer resources

It’s absolutely not irrational or “crazy” to think that he is failing his remit and has been for a while. We have been awful since the league cup final and for the second season in a row, look completely unfit and unprepared. The very basics aren’t in place and that makes it ímpossible for me to give him my confidence.

I still hope we win, I always do, but the red flags are there and growing in number.

Even with prime Pep we would be a shit show! Until the Glazer’s leave we have no chance of success

I was going to pop into the match thread and be jovial and stupid “ have we gone to CAFcon 5 yet (meltdown)” but I see we already have a ten gag out thread so that answers my question. Some of you feckers deserve all the misery the Glazers serve up. Bunch of cnuts! :angel:

The problem is the club. As a club, we have owners who care just about dividends. They don’t give a sh*t about football. So the players can just enjoy getting big money while don’t giving a sh*t.
Just look at Newcastle. The owners have ambitions. It lifted the whole club while not changing a lot of players.

Nothing will happen until we don’t change owners.

ETH will end up getting the sack sooner than expected if things don't improve
Depends if the sale goes through. The Glazers would give him the season but he'd be living on borrowed time under the Qataris.

You lot are mental.

He picks the team, this is not me saying he should get a sack but can we recognize who is responsible for what. Wanting to play attacking football and having AWB on the right, his "cutback" today says it all, that never gonna change.

Pathetic top blame ETH in either of the goals. First Rashford and Onana slept and in the second Martinez and Onana. What exactly was his fault?

He is not the first issue that needs to be adressed, I guess that much is obvious. Whether he is good enough or not should not be decision for Murtough, Arnold and ultimately Glazers to make.

Go away Poch. Chelsea fans don’t get a say

Pochettino ship has sailed, we should have gotten him instead, but seems he is at chelsea right now and changing their culture, improving their football and getting players that are right fit for his philosophy. I m a United fan by the way, not sure where that narrative come from that I support chelsea. As I stated in my original post, ETH was bought in for more than just result and I m not seeing that attractive football that he is supposed to bring. Of course we are playing better than we did under ole, but still not at the level that was expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.