Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He would come here and look shit because, exactly as you say, we have no footballing substance beyond having a manager.
Yep that's exactly it. I'd actually rather keep Eth even if it means a shit season and try and get the background stuff right at the club. I also think the sale and the greenwood situation are not helping things and are a massive distraction.

It’s a big problem that we have a spine of players with ZERO competition in their position.

The likes of Rashford, Bruno, Casemiro and Antony can be certain to play 9 out of 10 times because we haven’t got anyone near them in terms of individual quality.

When one of them aren’t playing well, we are doomed as a team.
Correct!

pv9n3ycxx3jb1.jpg

Not sure where we go from here to improve things. Other than throwing 100 mil at getting another midfielder and attacker

I don't understand why he decided to change system for the season. Feels like we're throwing away whatever we built last season and are starting from scratch again.

I think there's something going on here, I have a feeling the players aren't buying in to it this season, there's no effort on the pitch. I really hope he hasn't lost some of the players in the dressing room. Not looking good.

There is effort. In the 1st half we could have scored 3 the problem is we are set up in a way that spurs themselves could have scored 3 in the 1st. We have somehow got worse at keeping the ball whilst also pushing everyone forward.

My doubt started when United signed Mason Mount.
Even James Maddison would make more sense than fecking Mount

Buy Maddison and you have to sell Bruno, which honestly probably needs to be worked towards this season.

Anyway, in order to save the season, the first step is to accept our mistake, swallow our pride and drop Mount.

I even think Scott alongside Casemiro will give us more balance than this in games like today, and in easier games we can play like last season with Eriksen alongside Bruno and Casemiro.

Mount has no business to do at United. The faster we acknowledge this and accept our mistake, the better for our season.

of course i'm not happy with how we've played but calling for a manager to be sacked 2 games into a new season is just plain stupid, anyone saying that is a little bit thick in my view. Look back on the thread, people (or thickos) are genuinely calling for him to be sacked.
Fans overreact all the time. However using that as an excuse to try and paint all genuine concerns with the same brush is stupid at best. Eth did well last season and he has some leeway partially because of that and partially because of how low we were when he joined us. That does not mean he is immune from being questioned or doubted. Currently we are far closer to how we were under Ole than where we want to be.

Are we seriously better off than we were under Ole? End of last season, pre-season, beginning of this season - not so much the results, but the performances have been just dire. I did think it was time for Ole to go, but we had the most Fergie like times under him. There's either a curse on the club or it's the sheer toxicity of the Glazers - why is it that manager after manager, and player after player, come to us with a decent reputation and never live up to it?
People don't like to hear it but no we're not. We've have no style, patterns of play, ball retention etc that were the main criticisms.

Im sure BaldErik has a cunning plan to sort it out. Hopefully it involves finding a finisher and never playing Marcus CF and Bruno on the right ever again.

Ronaldo is washed.

It doesn't matter, the washed player had to go. The point is the all-time top scorer of this game understood he can't extend his records under ETH's team. There's a huge problem with how he uses his forwards, I don't think he can manage Hojlund or any other #9s.

If we're entering the season not fit and ready then it's his fault for not preparing the team properly during the pre season, especially when other teams aren't struggling like us.
Example Casemiro! It’s a shame. Only one word: unprofessional:mad:

I think there's something going on here, I have a feeling the players aren't buying in to it this season, there's no effort on the pitch. I really hope he hasn't lost some of the players in the dressing room. Not looking good.

They're likely seeing what we're seeing. Hard to buy into it when you see Casemiro getting exposed and ran past for the tenth time. Or Antony/Garnacho do nothing with the ball again and again.

The opportunity cost of signing Mount is mounting. We could have brought in a CM/DM and CB with that stupid fee, and gone in for him next season.

Starting to get worried. I'm hoping the problems are more down to the club not delivering what he needs than his decision making.

• Persisting with Rashford through the middle. It doesn't work.
  • Having no idea what to do in the final third, not a single player seems to have a clue.
  • Signing Mount whilst letting Fred go making us even more unbalanced in the midfield.
  • Leaving the door open a crack for Maguire.
  • Persisting with Anthony every game.
One thing I think is certainly on him is our preparation for the season. You would think after last year's start he would have drilled them so hard to start well this campaign. We look the least fit team in the league.

been the case under 4 different managers, different personnel as well. If ETH is THE guy he has not been able to coach anything different than Moyes, LVG, Mourinho, Ole.
To me he's on thin ice this season. Unless he is able to show that he can improve a pretty decent squad (holes but still pretty decent) we should look to move on.

How long was it after that fantastic away run that we really went off the boil? Ole's last few games were awful - but our performances at the end of last season weren't great and have got worse.

I'm actually beginning to think that maybe relegation is the only way to get rid of the Glazers - no-one will convince me that they aren't a blight on the club.
Ten hag still has time to salvage things, in particular if he doesn't insist on this nonsensical midfield set up of his but yeah the signs are worrying.

We're seemingly on path to yo yo between the midtable and the top 4 again, maybe the financial losses resulting from missing Europe will be enough to kick them out but I doubt it.

Bullshit. I have been hearing this “pressure” of managing us since the days of Moyes. Looks like every manager we sign thinks he is the God and make the most idiotic of demands regarding new signings. Not one manager seems to think it’s a huge job and he need all the support he can get. Why can’t EtH have worked with someone like Rangnick. But the first thing that happened was Rangnick getting fired.
You want to bring Rangnick back? I wasn’t expecting that.

Better than wasting time. The only hope is we play the manager merry-go round till we get lucky and get the next Guardiola or Klopp.
When will people start to realise there is obviously something wrong beyond who the manager is when like 6 managers have failed despite us spending a shitload of money?

And that WILL NOT change until we rid the club of the morons at the top.

But people will continue to blame the manager, the players even the scouring departments but not the Glazers.
The morons at the top have backed this manager well.
If that makes them morons then he's not the top manager many thought.

Starting to worry. I question his tactics, his subs, and his signings. He's spent well over 100m on complete shite. Our style of play, if we even have one, is pathetic. Rashford's purple patch covered him a lot last year. If that doesn't come again, he's in trouble.

I think fundamentally that if pep had the same players he would be getting more out of them. We absolutely shit our pants after spurs scored the first - really we should have calmed down and tried to pass our way back into the game, but instead resorted to kicking it long.

I’ve never been sold on the bloke, I wanted Poch ahead of him. He’s done nothing to win me over since he’s been here. We shat the bed end of last season and we’ve been woeful the start of this. He’s spent fortunes and apart from Martinez and Casemiro in parts the rest have been terrible signings. This has nothing to do with 2 games in to this season, it goes back further.

you could say that about every single manager we've had since SAF though, surely we need to give him chance!

My doubt started when United signed Mason Mount.
Even James Maddison would make more sense than fecking Mount
Exactly. Why wasn’t this so clear to EtH? What the feck was his thinking behind chasing Mount for so long. Caicedo was there. We had so much time to chase him.

Yes we have terrible owners and this sale is probably also affecting the players and coaching staff but there's no getting away from the fact that Ten Hag has spent a fortune since he arrived and we are still nowhere near good enough.

So he bought Onana. Good.

Bought Rasmus. Injured but that's not him. Let's see how that turns out.

Bought Mount. Surely he has an idea how he wants us to play, just needs time to make it happen.

Also, it's not on him to instruct every single thing our often brainless players do.

Yep it is, but I think for the moment it's the best gamble.
I'm glad I'm not the one to make the call. I don't want to pull the trigger this early as it does feel incredibly jerky, but like last season, we need a turn around and quick.

And that WILL NOT change until we rid the club of the morons at the top.

But people will continue to blame the manager, the players even the scouring departments but not the Glazers.

New owners like Qatari will most probably sack Ten Hag if he doesn't achieve fast success.

Exactly. Why wasn’t this so clear to EtH? What the feck was his thinking behind chasing Mount for so long. Caicedo was there. We had so much time to chase him.
Don't forget he spent months going after FDJ who we all knew didn't want to come here. He's in love with certain players and refuses to get off them. It's pathetic.

There's no more money. The chest is empty.

I wouldn't want Ten Hag spending anymore anyway
Is his record that bad though?

Varan, Martinez, Casemiro and Onana are all good signings if you ask me.

The less said about Anthony the better.

Far too early to judge Mount and Hojland. Can’t say Mount isn’t worrying though.

Status
Not open for further replies.