Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two very bad games again this year. He should be looking to resolve it as soon as.

Still not worried?

£370 million spent on 8 players, most of whom he had a previous connection or relationship with so doubtful the next manager will want, and this is what we have to show for it. It’s just not good enough.

It’s like groundhog day with this club. We just go round and round in circles making the same mistakes over and over again.

I’ll judge the team over the course of 10 games. Last season it was panic mode for many and ETH made adjustments and we finished 3rd with a trophy.

Our two key players are Rashford and Bruno who are too gung ho and are really bad when they have a bad day.

Building teams around them is not a particularly bright idea.

I just don’t understand. Last season we lacked quality but felt we at least played cohesively. We just look so foreign to any chemistry so far.

Did we? We scored a few goals against shite Europa opposition and in easy home cup ties. That was it. The league football was mostly underwhelming.

I think he is close to the end of his 'honeymoon' period with United. He had an extended one, due to being lucky on finding the bar so low at the club, due to the quality of his predecesors.

It can get very ugly for him and the pressure will start piling up very quickly, if we don't get back at scoring goals somehow.

Gradually losing faith in him. Now we're about to watch two proper teams, with proper managers, proper gameplans and proper committed players.

Brighton manager.
Brighton manager looks good because he doesn't have the unbelievable pressure of a United manager. Put him here with all the scrutiny and shit and see how well he does... you guys just keep underestimating this job. Saying that, ETH needs to sort it out but the knee jerk reactions are really unhelpful.

I think he is close to the end of his 'honeymoon' period with United. He had an extended one, due to being lucky on finding the bar so low at the club, due to the quality of his predecesors.

It can get very ugly for him and the pressure will start piling up very quickly, if we don't get back at scoring goals somehow.

His next match is at home against Forest. The very least we should be expecting is a win. He should be looking to win that game 3 or 4-nil. It really should be a win + big performance. We won 3-0 in that fixture last year.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that at this point but there has to be major improvements, starting with the players he signed. We can't keep getting hammered, it's not a good look, he'd be gone already if we were Madrid or Barcelona, for the 7-1 alone.

Wrong, look at some of those who have quoted my post. There are people genuinely saying after 2 games of the current season, that he should be sacked! I mean, its fecking bonkers!

His excuses are up. He’s had a year and a huge budget and we’re not seeing any progress. It’s time to deliver. Other teams with newer managers and less money are playing great football while we’re looking like no one has any idea what they’re supposed to do - offensively and defensively.

A bit at a loss how we look worse than last season. We weren't brilliant by any means, but at least we played some actual football from time to time

Yeah I was thinking the same and that this is a bit surprising. The only thing I can think is that our pre-season preparations were more about revenue than preparing for the season, that certainly wouldn't surprise me. Maybe we'll get up to speed in a few games time.

He needs a DoF ASAP.....he has made mistakes but I'm not writing him off yet....it's the players.....they are just daft and wasteful and dollars to doughnuts they ignore what he tells them to do on the pitch especially once the chips are down.
DoF is only worth having if he is good.

Are some people genuinely saying he should be removed as manager?
I’m verging on that. Call me plastic or whatever but Newcastle, Brighton, Chelsea, Tottenham have all started playing lovely passing football despite getting new managers after EtH, we are still an absolute mess.

and in 12 months you and your kind will be saying the same again
Have you learnt nothing from blindly backing managers over the last 12 years, irrespective of how their performances have been? I have not seen many, if any, shouts of sacking him. However it's natural to have doubts seeing how we ended last season and how we've started this season. Unless you think what we are seeing is exactly how it should be.

I was hugely impressed by his work here last year but even I am now concern by how we’ve begun this season. Last season was about fixing the first team - raising confidence levels, breaking the trophy less run, getting top 4 and making big decisions on the likes of Ronaldo, DDG and Maguire. He did all of that and hence given the state of the team, you could excuse not coming in by leaps and bounds.

But now we’re in the second season and he’s spent 450m on his own players and while I was encouraged by the signings of Martinez, Onana and Eriksen - I thought, also based on hisAjax team, that we finally had the possession oriented manager I felt we needed to modernise this team. And that’s where the worry starts - I don’t know if barring a player or two, the needle has moved much when it comes to us as a modern possession team. Hopefully it’s just a bad start but I do worry about the cohesiveness and tactical structure not being there as it should if we want to dominate games.

The honeymoon was over the second we lost 7-1 to Liverpool.

He needs to go. We've spent 400m on players he wanted, have played 2 games the way he wants and look terrible. Then after last weeks performance he puts out the same exact team and guess what same utter shite and our are horrible away form continues.

Antony and Mount are absolute blunder purchases for what was spent for them. We needed a Cacideo or Rice type MF not Mount. Absolute joke Chelsea and Boehly laughing since we helped fund Cacideo for them.

Listen, I am mad as hell right now, but changing the manager again and again is not the answer. Brighton got a nice setup from top to bottom. Do you think United got the same fundament under the Glazers?
This exactly. Our fanbase never learns. Hire the flavor of the month manager, give them a blank check, expect them to function as de facto chief scout and DOF, then get confused as to why it's not working out. Rinse and repeat.

Listen, I am mad as hell right now, but changing the manager again and again is not the answer. Brighton got a nice setup from top to bottom. Do you think United got the same fundament under the Glazers?
I mean we DID go for Caicedo first, we just fecked it up.

I'm not even mad, just genuinely worried because like some have said, he's starting to look like he's treating the PL like the eredivisie.

Above and beyond mismanagement, some kind of curse has to be involved. Can we just sacrifice the Glazers?

Completely clueless against good sides. Relying on individual brilliance to win games.

Wasn't he supposed to be a good coach?

I honestly think it's the signings more than anything. Only Martinez and Casemiro are actually really good players, with one being at the end of his career.

Embarrassing. Can see ETH getting the sack by the end of the season, especially if new owners come in.

The key to our bad performances starts from the front. Our front 3 are so mid it's sickening. Garnacho is a young player, Rashford turns up when he feels like it, and Antony is ok at best. They don't press or defend and they don't create much of anything. This is related to the manager because he's given us a good defence, but he's struggled to build an attack which is our main area of weakness, yet we're still in the market for CDMs and CBs.

Get Snacho out, Pelestri isn't good enough, and Martial still being here is the 8th wonder of the world. We need top competition to compete with the best.

He's also failed to bring in a controlling midfielder bar Ericksen, someone who can keep the ball and pass. Instead, we got fecking Mount... I don't hate Mount but what a confusing signing, we didn't need him at all.

Brighton manager.
People keep saying this, but the issue is that Brighton have a certain structure in place and the coach is just an extension of that, we don't have that structure in place (we should), so because of that there's no guarantee de zerbi is going to be a success here. It'd be another gamble.

Did we? We scored a few goals against shite Europa opposition and in easy home cup ties. That was it. The league football was mostly underwhelming.
I felt we did. It’s hard to decipher a lack of quality from a lack of cohesion but I felt the team at least didn’t look like they’d all met for the first time on any given gameday. I’m not saying we were amazing or anything, but players seemed to look like they knew what they were doing at least, even if they were shit at it.

Other teams with newer managers and less money are playing great football while we’re looking like no one has any idea what they’re supposed to do - offensively and defensively.
This is my biggest issue - teams with lower budgets, inferior individual players are playing better possession, front foot football than us. They play like a team while we play as individuals. They are physical and look fit while we always look lazy and week. It’s ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.