Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure the players are playing the way he wants?

We had a whole preseason. How is it Gary ONeil gets put in-charge of Wolves days before our match and they outplay us and look like they have been playing under him for months? He had Bruno-Mount-Casemiro all preseason and thru 2 games it's looked liked they haven't played together at all. The Rashford CF experiment is a known failure was proven again last season. I get Holjund isn't fit but why have Sancho playing as F9 in the preseason just to stick Rashford at CF? It certainly can't because Garnacho he's proven thru 2 matches he's better as a sub running against tired legs. Maybe Sancho isn't gonna be world class at F9 but at least it puts Rashford at his best poistion.

If the starting front 3 isn't Rashford-Martial-Sancho vs Forest then ETH has no clue and is just stubborn because Garnacho-Rashford-Antony isn't working.

Can't wait to be frustrated when Antony continues to offer nothing when Amad is back and Amad gets frozen out because he wasn't the guy ETH spent 90m on.

Until we have a proper structure above the manager more of this nonsense will happen. ETH had to deal with Ole signings last year and I'd this goes tits up the next manger will be dealing with ETH purchases.

How can one of the richest clubs not have a proper DOF in place that signs players that can be utilised for the football the club is known for with managers picked to utilise th squad? It's complete shitshow what tge glazers are doing, and what makes it worse is that the mount money could easily bolster the scouting network, bring in the very best guys to run the club. It's mental how they keep fecking this club over and over again.

He hasn’t had enough time or resources to improve us as a team. Or something.

The signings of Mount and Antony will be costly for ETH. Signing Mount is very strange. Hopefully we can get de Zerbi if ETH cannot improve things.

When will people start to realise there is obviously something wrong beyond who the manager is when like 6 managers have failed despite us spending a shitload of money?

The key is the manager. A top top mananger would change things drastically like Klopp did for Liverpool. If we had a prime Sir Alex today we would have scored two of those three free headers. Maybe it can change, but i dont think ten hag is getting the best out of the players he has.

Whats the betting the next ten years is the same as the previous ten.

Antony and Mount two massive expensive mistakes.

Casemiro signing with no thought to the future massive mistake.

Relying on Rashford and Bruno moments FC a continuation of Ole’s incompetence

I doubt it's on him. I doubt it was Solskjaer's call to make, either. Approaching it from different angles maybe, Solskjaer with his "back to the old days" routine and ETH with the stubbornness of someone who thinks he can make everything work, they both based everything on the premise that building a title-winning side around them is the way to go. Probably because the message from the higher-ups was that this is non-negotiable. The Glazers would never accept a few years in the wilderness with the promise of something better in the place of a side that will be in the CL 3/4 times in every 5 seasons. Don't know, it's a tough call to build everything from scratch, and the only two managers who have the credentials to do it are currently managing our fiercest rivals. It seems to working for Arsenal, though. Very tough call, but i certainly see your point.

For feck sake, thank god you're not in charge
I’m usually extremely down to earth and not a confident person in real life. But even I can confidently say that I wouldn’t have made the mistakes that our club has done in the last few years if I was in charge.

Have you not seen Liverpool. They were in the exact position as we are in now but the moment they got Klopp everything turned around. Same for City.
Liverpool took a little while to get it together. Even Pep had to change a lot of players.

You can bet on it that he will hype the first half for the "positives", should have scored two goals and a penalty. 2nd half had some negatives, but we'll improve.
What else can he say. The entire team haven't looked confident, fit and sharp since preseason.

We had a whole preseason. How is it Gary ONeil gets put in-charge of Wolves days before our match and they outplay us and look like they have been playing under him for months? He had Bruno-Mount-Casemiro all preseason and thru 2 games it's looked liked they haven't played together at all. The Rashford CF experiment is a known failure was proven again last season. I get Holjund isn't fit but why have Sancho playing as F9 in the preseason just to stick Rashford at CF? It certainly can't because Garnacho he's proven thru 2 matches he's better as a sub running against tired legs. Maybe Sancho isn't gonna be world class at F9 but at least it puts Rashford at his best poistion.

If the starting front 3 isn't Rashford-Martial-Sancho vs Forest then ETH has no clue and is just stubborn because Garnacho-Rashford-Antony isn't working.

Can't wait to be frustrated when Antony continues to offer nothing when Amad is back and Amad gets frozen out because he wasn't the guy ETH spent 90m on.
Sancho is awful, that's why. Rashford is having to play there out of necessity.

If this season becomes a mess what's the bets that Mason Mount won't be used by the next manager? Bizarre and unnecessary signing.

The opportunity cost of signing Mount is mounting. We could have brought in a CM/DM and CB with that stupid fee, and gone in for him next season.

Ten Hag is going to have to eat this one if it doesn't work out. He made him the priority signing. At 60mil with one year left of his deal is crazy.

Same for Anthony - that is his guy.

We absolutely needed Kane and he bottled it. I'm not saying he needs to go or anything, far from it, he did wonders for us last season. But this is the one thing he's definitively got wrong.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sure he did.

Not like FFP consticts us from doing anything like a €30M purchase of Amrabat. But yes, a £125M Kane would have been an "Easy" purchase.

The Knee Jerk reactions are incredible to witness.

The owner can put in cash, around 90/100 million I can't remember the exact figure, to ease the FFP burden, the knobheads currently put in zero!

That's for infrastructure spend. Nothing to do with transfers.

Our problems are going to be with the squad cost rule.

He needs more players, other than a select few I don't think he wanted any of the players he inherited, and is been hampered by the fact no one else wants most of them either.

He needs loads more time, it's been such a difficult time for him to come in to United. The one glaring thing that worries me most with him though is his fixation on ex players/ex Erdivisie players.

The signings of Mount and Antony will be costly for ETH. Signing Mount is very strange. Hopefully we can get de Zerbi if ETH cannot improve things.
At least Mount is versatile. Antony, I just don't know. We dont have a better alternative and ETH's stubbornness means we might be stuck with im for awhile.

If this season becomes a mess what's the bets that Mason Mount won't be used by the next manager? Bizarre and unnecessary signing.
Ten Hag is going to have to eat this one if it doesn't work out. He made him the priority signing. At 60mil with one year left of his deal is crazy.

Same for Anthony - that is his guy.
Mount the scapegoat already. feck me. This forum man......

Such a naive post if you think the reason those two clubs are where they are is solely because of Klopp and Guardiola.
What’s naive about it? Liverpool definitely are. City wouldn’t have been so dominant if it wasnt for Guardiola.

I was hugely impressed by his work here last year but even I am now concern by how we’ve begun this season. Last season was about fixing the first team - raising confidence levels, breaking the trophy less run, getting top 4 and making big decisions on the likes of Ronaldo, DDG and Maguire. He did all of that and hence given the state of the team, you could excuse not coming in by leaps and bounds.

But now we’re in the second season and he’s spent 450m on his own players and while I was encouraged by the signings of Martinez, Onana and Eriksen - I thought, also based on hisAjax team, that we finally had the possession oriented manager I felt we needed to modernise this team. And that’s where the worry starts - I don’t know if barring a player or two, the needle has moved much when it comes to us as a modern possession team. Hopefully it’s just a bad start but I do worry about the cohesiveness and tactical structure not being there as it should if we want to dominate games.

Good post. Pretty much reflects where I'm at, too.

Studio guys seeing eth not happy about the non penalty call. Rightfully so. Hand up and at 90 degrees away isn't a natural position and was clearly blocking a shot on goal. Seen that given way more than not.

This just isn't true. FFP is constricting us, not a lack of funds!
We own around 300m to other clubs on transfer fees, I believe. At this stage it is either a sugar daddy or more debt to fund new players. We had not much money last year and we spent heavily last year and this year too. You cannot spend indefinitely 200m net per year.

My doubt started when United signed Mason Mount.
Even James Maddison would make more sense than fecking Mount
United sign Maddison.

CAF: Why did Murtough sign someone who just got RELEGATED with fecking Leicester. State of this club! Need to be looking for the elite! :boring: :boring:

Have you not seen Liverpool. They were in the exact position as we are in now but the moment they got Klopp everything turned around. Same for City.

Klopp took years to get it right and Pep managed to finish 3rd in his first season.

Thing is, it's OK having a go at ETH but this was different from the Wolves game. We were excellent for 35mins and should have been 2-0. ETH can't do much if players make basic mistakes, can't take basic chances and crumble under the slightest pressure.

If Bruno scores one of the easiest chances I've ever seen missed then I'm confident we win that game and nobody is talking about tactics

We own around 300m to other clubs on transfer fees, I believe. At this stage it is either a sugar daddy or more debt to fund new players. We had not much money last year and we spent heavily last year and this year too. You cannot spend indefinitely 200m net per year.
Shiny new owners still wouldn't unrestict us from FFP. So the point is moot.

It doesn’t matter what manager we get nothing will change until we get new owners who will change the culture and mindset of this club.
This. We need a change from top to bottom in structure and modernisation. We need to be good on the ball end of!

United sign Maddison.

CAF: Why did Murtough sign someone who just got RELEGATED with fecking Leicester. State of this club! Need to be looking for the elite! :boring: :boring:
"Would" # "should". Maddison would be a bad signing too but no worse than Mount who was benched at Chelsea. The other actually played football.

His biggest mistake is he wants to build a team on the strength of our best players Rashford and Bruno. with that, he feels that we don't need to control games in order to win. the instructions are clear, get the ball to our front players as quick as possible hence the statement he want Man United to be the best transition team in the world. Problem is, Rashford and Bruno are the most chaotic and erratic players with no consistence in their applications. We play end to end game. Mount was bought for that system.

He needs more players, other than a select few I don't think he wanted any of the players he inherited, and is been hampered by the fact no one else wants most of them either.

He needs loads more time, it's been such a difficult time for him to come in to United. The one glaring thing that worries me most with him though is his fixation on ex players/ex Erdivisie players.
He needs more players but can't be trusted to buy them. Maybe he's just not good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.