Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are as bad or worse in ball retention and progressive passing, worse in scoring and somehow gotten worse in defense too.

No sure what the Manager's aim is here but it seems he is moving in the opposite direction to that right now.

Hope he doesn't go the same way as LvG's second season. Far too early yet but nothing positive so far after two games.

He’s got to sort this out. Get that Number 11 back on that right too. Antony is useless.
I am genuinely starting to feel it's a coaching issue at this stage. When players cannot pass or retain the ball while teams on a fraction of our budget do it much easily, it has to point to the manager and coaching staff.

Clubs a shish show. 400m on players and we are no better than when he came in. What in the literal hell is going on.

Don’t allow this man to be responsible for our transfer strategy.
Some of us have been beating this drum for years. The manager (regardless of whether it's ETH or somebody else) should be first and foremost a coach, and a replaceable cog in a system that will outlast them.

How can you watch United and pick out Mount as the problem? He looks pretty good. It's the front three who are hopeless
We have been overrun in midfield, what do you mean he is not part of the problem. Who buys Mount to start in midfield when you have Fernandes and Casemiro?
Just a dumb decision to build the midfield this way.

I am genuinely starting to feel it's a coaching issue at this stage. When players cannot pass or retain the ball while teams on a fraction of our budget do it much easily, it has to point to the manager and coaching staff.
We're ve gone through so many managers and we always end up back here, saying the players don't look like they've been coached. I can't understand it

If this season goes so bad that he's getting sacked, we are stuck with Dutch/Eredivisie players and must start all over again. So we can't sack him even if it goes bad because we need investing £500M on new players then.

Nothing is changing. Another season in which we'll fight to finish top 4 and watch City walk the league. 11 years and counting of this and every season is similar to the last one, just becomes a little shitter from time to time.

Following United has become a mean for depression and disappointment.

If we had taken the easiest chances imaginable we'd be 2 or 3 up and everyone would have been praising the performance.

If this season goes so bad that he's getting sacked, we are stuck with Dutch/Eredivisie players and must start all over again. So we can't sack him even if it goes bad because we need investing £500M on new players then.

The money's not there anymore. The budget wasn't there last season, but we borrowed money from future transfer budgets. We did it again this summer to back him heavily again.

Im all for giving manager time, but this is not looking great atm. Hes been allowed a handsome amount of money and although i like a lot of the players hes brought in, the actual performances leave a lot to be desired. We produce feck all in terms of chances and we also look really vunerable in defence

Mount Anthony needs replacing...Casemiro too in few seasons. That are 220m, his signings are more miss than hit.
It's too late to fix now. I don't think United can spend 200m a season anymore unless sugar daddy owner come ibn.

If we had taken the easiest chances imaginable we'd be 2 or 3 up and everyone would have been praising the performance.

It's his decision to spend most of the budget on useless player like Mount while attack is shit. Not to mention the money spent on Antony earlier.

So if he fails we begrudgingly just keep him, because others have also failed before him?

The money's not there anymore. The budget wasn't there last season, but we borrowed money from future transfer budgets. We did it again this summer to back him heavily again.
At this point our only hope is that the club is sold to better owners, who put in a proper structure other than "back the manager and inshallah".

We're ve gone through so many managers and we always end up back here, saying the players don't look like they've been coached. I can't understand it
Honestly if Eth is not the answer then I am not sure who is. Maybe we need to have the club cleansed of some voodoo. At this stage I have no idea what's going wrong with our team. We seem to have regressed after spending 150 million this summer.

So sacking him would be a disaster for the club in so many ways. I do think we will be fine though, but we must get CL again.

This will be his last season here. This team is nowhere near good enough to challenge in the PL. And it's mostly on him.

It doesn’t matter what manager we get nothing will change until we get new owners who will change the culture and mindset of this club.

At this point our only hope is that the club is sold to better owners, who put in a proper structure other than "back the manager and inshallah".

I don't think our fans would enjoy that. A strong/powerful DOF goes above the managers head.

For many of the folk in our fanbase, the manager is almost a father figure for them. Hero worshipping the managerial cult of personality if a big part of supporting this club - so a DOF who basically rules the roost, would make everyone uncomfortable.

It doesn’t matter what manager we get nothing will change until we get new owners who will change the culture and mindset of this club.

The new owners would have an uphill battle as well. The cultural problem stems from the fanbase and it's expectations for a cult leader like manager.

He has no clue what he is doing. Whatever he tries, it is not working. Absolute average in possession.
Second game into the season and our players seem on their last legs. Maybe we have not even captured decent fitness levels this season so far. Mount has proven to be a massive mistake so far. Not fixing our midfield or attack (Rasmus has everything to prove) after the outlay we have done is shameful. Add to it, our defense seems to have gotten worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.