Erik ten Hag | 2022/23 & 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antony has been here for more than 1 season now. So I think we have seen enough to draw conclusions that his weaknesses are apparent to everybody and he would have to show incredible turnaround to be able to live up to 85m price tag or you are happy with his performances?
Antony has been at United for 1 season + 1 game, the one game being the one that the whole teams was crap in

Same team. Lots of things will become obvious very soon.

I really hope he's worked out the areas of poor play from last week.

We look very flat alot under ETH. Needs to change or he's going to be under pressure very soon

Same team. Lots of things will become obvious very soon.
Especially what was intentional about last week's play and what went against his instructions. In case it was the latter and it appears again today, you'll probably see substitutions pretty quickly. In case it's the former and he just think it's all part of the learning curve - then it'll be a rough while still, in hopes that the plan will work eventually...

I haven't seen the teams as yet, but I am hoping that being away and Spurs taking the game to us, may help us a bit. Difficult to call this one... but I expect our midfield to be tighter than it was on Monday.

Especially what was intentional about last week's play and what went against his instructions. In case it was the latter and it appears again today, you'll probably see substitutions pretty quickly. In case it's the former and he just think it's all part of the learning curve - then it'll be a rough while still, in hopes that the plan will work eventually...

I'm not hopeful.

How I'd love a few goals

Team itself looks good on paper, hopefully ETH has made some tweaks with Bruno and Mount positional play so we don't get overrun in midfield with only Casemiro defending.

We look like a far more cohesive pressing unit these days. Even the likes of Garnacho look really alert and have a good sense of when to pounce. Mount helps a lot and Bruno’s co-ordinating it really nicely.

We look like a far more cohesive pressing unit these days. Even the likes of Garnacho look really alert and have a good sense of when to pounce. Mount helps a lot and Bruno’s co-ordinating it really nicely.
It certainly looks better. Mount seems to be a key cog in the press. Just wish it was a tad quicker when we win it back. As the team gets sharper we should see the decisiveness get better and create for better opportunities.

Shame Rashford is walking around.

No way anybody should complain about eth. We've had two surefire goals that Rashford and Bruno both don't even hit the target on. Not even including all the other chances we could've finished.

Our attack needs ripping up and rebuilding. It's shit. Early signs so far this season aren't positive at all

No way anybody should complain about eth. We've had two surefire goals that Rashford and Bruno both don't even hit the target on. Not even including all the other chances we could've finished.

What about the chances Spurs have had? Ten Hag's midfield setup is tactically a shambles.

Persistence with Antony and no changes so far this second half. Come on ETH I thought you were better than this.

Who the feck pays 60m for Mount?

Should have just bought him for free next summer. All the big fuss for this is a bit of a joke. Better than against Wolves, but not enough. He is too passive and goes missing somewhere.

Hideous squad balance. He’s spent an awful lot of money and this squad has so many terrible profiles

He's going to be shown up this season. He doesn't know what to do.
Hope not. Because;
A) that would mean that we had awful season
B) we can't afford to "back" another manager

Erik will get it right. He is very good coach. We just need to stop buying players by his wishes.

Hm, not liking the OGS levels of favouritism of his trash signings.

Well, there's always more players who's from Eredivisie or Dutch. Even Mount played in the Dutch league so that made sense.

Best player shunted to right wing again and people will try convince me ten hag rates him.

He’s got to sort this out. Get that Number 11 back on that right too. Antony is useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.