English cricket thread

What an incredible win this will (surely) be for England!

I honestly thought, in sub-continent conditions that Pakistan had batted England out of the match in the first innings.

What England have done over the last day and a half is sensational.

Such an amazing moment to be an England cricket fan.

What's most depressing is that we'll see another captain being sacked and another group of coaches come in. The reasons for us becoming the worst test side in the world will continue and we'll continue to be sh*t.

No one can make me believe that guys like Abdullah, Babar, Rizwan and Saud are poor batsman who can't score. They'd done it consistently before in more difficult conditions but the entire toxicity around the team is obviously impacting them.

On the flattest pitch ever. Unless the cracks have opened up. Possibly reverse. Perhaps they're just soft. Amazing really.

Hurry up and finish them off England so we're not subjected to anymore of Gower's tea adverts.
I find it quite funny that he’s unintentionally back on Sky due to the broadcasting rights.

i can’t help but feel that even though pakistan look likely to lose, their players and fans will feel like the moral victors; feeling so lucky to have seen this england team play.

This has to be one of the most amazing days of test cricket I think I have seen.

The way Pakistan's bowling kind of fell apart today just highlights how well England actually did in that first innings of the match.

Gotta feel for Ollie Pope. 800 odd racked up and he has a two ball duck while Duckett, the opener he stepped in for, helped himself to 84 with a gammy thumb.

Root is so intelligent, you can see how much he loves playing on the subcontinent. He sizes up the wicket and cashes in so often. Yes, he can fiddle outside his off stump a bit against good quick bowling on bouncy pitches, but he's almost the complete player.

What an innings from Brook. To have such a huge innings so early in his career will bring so much confidence.

Still work to do tomorrow on a sedate pitch, but what a display up to this point.

Last edited:
42% of Harry Brook's runs in test match cricket have come in Pakistan (6 out of his 31 innings - 19% - played in Pakistan). 4 centuries in 6 innings.

We have term ABU, but in this thread we should coin the phrase ABE because some of the irrational hatred towards England cricket team in this thread is pathetic.

I haven’t watched a ball bowled, but I dread to think what a dog of a pitch it must be. It’s pitches like this which are killing test cricket, the ones when you get the low rank turners from day one, or they’re as flat as a pancake even on day 4. No matter what the conditions are, they surely must be able to produce better pitches for a better spectacle. Sport is entertainment and test cricket needs to produce better pitches to entertain the public if test cricket wants to survive.
Nevertheless, what an incredible performance by Root and Brook. To score anything above 200 on any pitch against any opposition is still some achievement due to the level of concentration required. I think both are up there with the current best 5 test batsmen in the World imo. And at least we’re getting some excitement thanks to the Pakistan batsmen seemingly folding in the wake of pressure, at least I assume because I haven’t seen a ball bowled. In any case, a quite remarkable day yet again under Baz’s management for English cricket.

We have term ABU, but in this thread we should coin the phrase ABE because some of the irrational hatred towards England cricket team in this thread is pathetic.

I haven’t watched a ball bowled, but I dread to think what a dog of a pitch it must be. It’s pitches like this which are killing test cricket, the ones when you get the low rank turners from day one, or they’re as flat as a pancake even on day 4. No matter what the conditions are, they surely must be able to produce better pitches for a better spectacle. Sport is entertainment and test cricket needs to produce better pitches to entertain the public if test cricket wants to survive.
Nevertheless, what an incredible performance by Root and Brook. To score anything above 200 on any pitch against any opposition is still some achievement due to the level of concentration required. I think both are up there with the current best 5 test batsmen in the World imo. And at least we’re getting some excitement thanks to the Pakistan batsmen seemingly folding in the wake of pressure, at least I assume because I haven’t seen a ball bowled. In any case, a quite remarkable day yet again under Baz’s management for English cricket.

Never been more confused by a post in my life.

Has there been any negativity towards England, unless you’re misunderstanding sarcasm.

What an odd rant

Has there been any negativity towards England, unless you’re misunderstanding sarcasm.
Yes there has, sarcastic remarks like ‘greatest English performance ever’ after todays performance from posters who do nothing else but slag England off when they have done well, and it’s been going on for years as yous can all read in this thread. If you don’t like English cricket then you can also choose to ignore this thread. Oh by the way, these are the same posters who start throwing their toys out of the pram when you write something they interpret as slightly negative about the teams they support, even going as far as trying to label those posters who they consider being negative as racist. Yet we all love test cricket and we all want test cricket to succeed and gain in popularity. In order for it succeed cricket needs to produce better pitches because imo it’s an absolute tragedy that the general public of the great cricketing nation of Pakistan don’t give a shit about test cricket, no wonder if they keep producing pitches like the one in this match. It’s great for Root and Brook’s batting averages, not so for the health of test cricket.
So yeah, this is something I wanted to get off my chest for months :lol: not just because of a few snide & sneaky remarks I read in this thread posted during this match. I only opened the thread to see what some of my fellow reds thought of England’s record breaking day.

Yes there has, sarcastic remarks like ‘greatest English performance ever’ after todays performance from posters who do nothing else but slag England off when they have done well, and it’s been going on for years as yous can all read in this thread. If you don’t like English cricket then you can also choose to ignore this thread. Oh by the way, these are the same posters who start throwing their toys out of the pram when you write something they interpret as slightly negative about the teams they support, even going as far as trying to label those posters who they consider being negative as racist. Yet we all love test cricket and we all want test cricket to succeed and gain in popularity. In order for it succeed cricket needs to produce better pitches because imo it’s an absolute tragedy that the general public of the great cricketing nation of Pakistan don’t give a shit about test cricket, no wonder if they keep producing pitches like the one in this match. It’s great for Root and Brook’s batting averages, not so for the health of test cricket.
So yeah, this is something I wanted to get off my chest for months :lol: not just because of a few snide & sneaky remarks I read in this thread posted during this match. I only opened the thread to see what some of my fellow reds thought of England’s record breaking day.

I'd take a breath mate. Haven't read the whole thread but the general perception is that Pakistan suck. They just lost to Bangladesh ffs. That being said, any 200 and 300 is a great performance. England right now is box office in test cricket. Love them or hate them, you can't ignore them. I enjoy watching them play as long as they aren't playing India.