Status
Not open for further replies.
3-4-2-1 apparently..

Pickford

Walker Stones Konsa

Trent Mainoo Rice Saka

Bellingham Foden

Kane​
I think this would be far better than what we've seen. There's balance, there's width, and the wing backs have very different threats. They should create space for Bellingham and Foden who thrive in the centre and tell Kane not to think about dropping back

I think this would be far better than what we've seen. There's balance, there's width, and the wing backs have very different threats. They should create space for Bellingham and Foden who thrive in the centre and tell Kane not to think about dropping back
Yeah don’t mind that at all. On the proviso that it’s not a flat back 5, which that can quite easily turn into with Southgate.

3-4-2-1 apparently..

Pickford

Walker Stones Konsa

Trent Mainoo Rice Saka

Bellingham Foden

Kane​

Yep this looks better & can get Palmer & Eze for either CAM positions if one is not performing.

Gallagher wouldnt be as bad aswell since the team would have much more creativity even though Mainoo is better pick.

Pickford

Walker Stones Konsa Trent

Mainoo Rice

Saka Bellingham Foden

Kane​

Having to watch the dross that was Italy has made him think that we're playing like Brazil 70.
You're playing like crap. Southgate doesn't have a clue what he's doing. None of that matters because you have Bellingham. Switzerland and the Netherlands aren't good enough to overcome him

The final either southgate gets his shit together or england will lose that

You're playing like crap. Southgate doesn't have a clue what he's doing. None of that matters because you have Bellingham. Switzerland and the Netherlands aren't good enough to overcome him

The final either southgate gets his shit together or england will lose that

Bellingham is good but not that good imo

He made all the difference against Serbia and Slovakia but Switzerland and Holland are a different kettle of fish

As a Real Madrid supporter, how would you rate Bellingham thus far on a scale from Thomas Gravesen to Cristiano Ronaldo?
Never seen anything like him before. His stage presence is unreal. Supernatural

That line up has no-one actually playing upfront. Kane will drop into the spaces Bellingham and Foden want to play in.

That line up has no-one actually playing upfront. Kane will drop into the spaces Bellingham and Foden want to play in.
I reckon Kane would be dropping deep even if he was playing with prime Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta and Messi, which at that point they would’ve told him to feck off.
Maybe Mainoo, Rice, Jude and Foden should tell him to feck off, if Southgate can’t, shoo him away from midfield you know.

I don’t know what’s wrong with that guy, maybe it was something he ate.

Pickford
TAA-Walker-Stones-Konsa-Saka
Rice
Bellingham - Foden
Toney - Kane
This is my guess.

Honestly would like to see this team. Get them to play with Trent firing balls onto Toney and picking up the pieces like Big Sam said. Rice isn't good enough at progressing the ball.

I advocated for a 3-4-2-1 way back in this thread but just heard that Southgate is planning on playing Tripper at RWB rather than TAA. F* ck off.

Even with the new formation we still see foden shoe horned into the set up, you can't have Bellingham, kane and foden all in the same team when they all try to occupy the same area of the pitch, Bellingham has delivered, kane has well.. at least been our joint top scorer but foden has done sod all except the odd decent moments on the ball here and there but not enough to warrant messing up the balance in attack for this pep system player.

Watkins or toney should replace him in the team if we go 3 at the back

Southgate is such a *****.

Cant even play TAA with a back 3 against Switzerland.

Think that both Foden & Bellingham centrally is going to be amazing - Kane can't drop as deep as he did before because he looks like he has lost some speed this year.

Foden & Bellingham trying to be the goalscorers whilst Kane occupy the CB's is the best we can get.

We needed a left footed LB and Saka has played there before - thats why i wanted him to play there because without Gordon, Rashford or Grealish at LW - playing Saka at RW makes it too hard on one player trying to hold width & cut in.

Last edited:
So basically the same players, but in a more negative formation still with, a RW at left wing back, 2 no 10s and a deep lying striker. Trippier ahead of TAA at right wing back.

This is going to be horrible isn't it?

It might not even be 3 at the back. If it is, I am actually in favour of Tripper over TAA as RWB.

The Toblerone formation. How often does Saka play on the left or at wing back for Arsenal?
I dont watch Arsenal a ton. He doesn’t play there anymore I don’t think, but it is my understanding he started his career as a LB/LWB and has experience there?

May e some Arsenal fans can shed light

Southgate will switch to a back 3 against Switzerland, and I expect:

Pickford
Walker - Stones - Konsa
Trent --------- Rice ------ Mainoo -------- Saka
Foden ----- Belligham
Kane​
Got it 95% right, only Trippier for Trent.

I advocated for a 3-4-2-1 way back in this thread but just heard that Southgate is planning on playing Tripper at RWB rather than TAA. F* ck off.
Southgate has never picked a lineup that any of us agree on or like. How can he be this bad. Is this even possible that a mgr never has never picked a team we all want just even once

....why Trippier? There is nothing Trippier does better than TAA in 2024. Like, you can't even call it a defensive move to balance Saka on the left because Trent is a better defender than Trippier these days...

what the actual feck

Little did I know he’d play Tripper at LWB and Saka at RWB when natural width from the wingbacks is the key to this system working. Doesn’t have a clue.

....why Trippier? There is nothing Trippier does better than TAA in 2024. Like, you can't even call it a defensive move to balance Saka on the left because Trent is a better defender than Trippier these days...

what the actual feck

This is what I was thinking. If Trippier was good defensively that would be one thing… but he is actually worse than Trent in that area now. If we have adopted a wingback system, not playing Trent is, well… yet another fireable offense …. But Southgate has had so many of those at this point t who can even count.

What if instead of having Pep, the Barcelona teams with Xavi, Iniesta, Messi had kept the worst manager imaginable because he had gotten that team to the CL semi’s twice. That’s what Southgate feels like for England.

This is an improvement on previous showings. England actually look like they can build something moving forward.

Yeah so he's just playing the same guys in the same roles and with the same structure as always, just with Bellingham and Foden swapped

Which does explain why Trippier instead of TAA in fairness

Foden has stunk out this tournament to high heaven and the press haven't said a peep.

i missed the game. Only caught the second half of extra time. How did we play? The usual?

Status
Not open for further replies.