England Euro 2024 Squad and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the good teams would too, somehow ;)

But seriously, you aren't out yet. There is every chance you do make the final, again
I know you're a big proponent of luck when it comes to international football especially, and you're just assuming the next man won't be lucky like Southgate has been. Imagine if we have this luck plus a competent manager? We'd be unstoppable!
excellent.gif

I know you're a big proponent of luck when it comes to international football especially, and you're just assuming the next man won't be lucky like Southgate has been. Imagine if we have this luck plus a competent manager? We'd be unstoppable!
excellent.gif
Could be! This is also a good demonstration that for all your complaining Southgate was far from a poor manager in the previous tournament. This is what a poorly managed team looks like ;)

Could be! This is also a good demonstration that for all your complaining Southgate was far from a poor manager in the previous tournament. This is what a poorly managed team looks like ;)
There is no difference in coaching.

What's different is that we had Maguire at the back who's incredibly underrated - along with Shaw - and an in form attacker in Sterling who could hold the ball under pressure, dribble, had good positional sense in terms of knowing when to run in behind for Kane, etc.

Southgate has never been a good coach or tactician. Our previous teams were just sit back and hope Kane and Sterling do something.

Awful
On the bright side i expect people will be too busy giving Southgate grief to give the players a hard time.

Booooo. Lucky cnuts to be drawn on this side of the draw. Will be a tough game against the Swiss but still feel like it's similar where you have enough talent to grind through. Southgate is an absolutely miserable manager though.

I genuinely don’t think he will learn from that game, probably make one change for the Swiss game.

Shades of United vs Coventry there :lol: . Very fortunate and you do wonder how England will play against Switzerland, if it's that bad they get beat. On the other hand, it's still a much easier side of the draw and if they get momentum out of this then who knows.

Mainoo... the MOTM for England, wasn't on the pitch when the turnaround happened, in Southgates eyes, he's the one getting dropped next game. Gallagher and Palmer for Trippier and Mainoo obviously... Saka to LB "worked". [/absolute nonsensical speculation!]

Last minute bicycle kicks by galacticos, Bayern Munich's world class number 9 with the winner, showing that 4-4-2 is still untouchable.

Are you not entertained?!

It's coming home.

Left side looks a total mess for the next game.

Guehi suspended, Trippier hobbled off and out of position, Shaw nowhere to be seen (he needs to be sent home) and Foden again on the fringes of the game to put it mildly.

Ndoye and anyone else quick on the Swiss right will have some fun there for sure.

I'm not sure a few personnel changes is going to make much difference at this point but he's got to do something, Foden seems the obvious one as I doubt he'll want to drop either Kane or Jude, especially after their goals.

I'm not sure a few personnel changes is going to make much difference at this point but he's got to do something, Foden seems the obvious one as I doubt he'll want to drop either Kane or Jude, especially after their goals.

I like that Eze on left wing. He can defend pretty good as well.

For me I'd chuck Trippier out because he's playing crap, throw Saka in at LB. It's a bit risky but bloody hell, we need some balance on that side, someone that will play wide. Southgate won't do this.

I'd put Palmer on right wing because why wouldn't you, he looks our best attacking player on the ball and in terms of creativity. Southgate might do this, but probably not.

Apart from that I'd keep the rest the same as started today. But be proactive with the bench.

When he stays wide Foden looks like the guy who should’ve been left home for Rashford or Grealish, and when he comes inside he’s in the way

Shades of United vs Coventry there :lol: . Very fortunate and you do wonder how England will play against Switzerland, if it's that bad they get beat. On the other hand, it's still a much easier side of the draw and if they get momentum out of this then who knows.
Yup

Palmer was pretty shit when he came on today for all the hype, Saka is still the better player for me.

England have been so bad it's almost unreal. Don't get me wrong, I knew we would be average under him but this has been shocking.

Even after a goal in the first minute of ET (after a last gasp equaliser), England still don’t go for the kill against tired opponents. Utterly clueless management.

Southgate is the luckiest manager I’ve ever seen. Unbelievable!

As soon as we scored the second goal we retreated like they were prime Spain

Surely, southgate will have to change big time for the next game. He can't be that stupid can he?

Status
Not open for further replies.