England Euro 2024 Squad and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
England players just don't have the trust in Mainoo that United players have. At United he's regularly given the ball in tight spots, but here, they just play the safest option all the time, even if it kills all momentum

I feel like Mainoo doesn't really make himself available, he doesn't seem like he wants the ball and do anything with it. Just keeps it neat and tidy. Meanwhile he has all the ability.

I feel like Mainoo doesn't really make himself available, he doesn't seem like he wants the ball and do anything with it. Just keeps it neat and tidy. Meanwhile he has all the ability.
I think it's more that he doesn't expect the ball at this point. He made many a good run at the start of the half, has shown for the ball so many times and they've just ignored him for the most part.

Palmer is a breath of fresh air for England, he's actually willing to take on his man

That janza has done nothing but dive and feign injury all game and the referee has fallen for it every single time. Embarrassing.

Absolutely amazing that Southgate has used the group stage to "experiment" and then managed to not actually experiment at all. Toney, Watkins, Eze, Gordon, Bowen and Wharton all rotting on the bench, Mainoo and Palmer barely getting any minutes.

It really is amazing how southgate thinks, nearly everyone can see the issue with our attack lacking balance and penetrative when saka is the only one that stretches the play and has the potential to get behind the defence but he is not an inside forward.

We are wasting both kane and foden in this set up, kane needs a player like son to link up with and the most suitable one would be Watkins in a 2 up front partnership or Gordon on the left.

It is just absolutely nuts that gallacher has featured in every match but Gordon, palmer, wharton or mainoo have not been given a sniff
Everyone sees that bar Southgate. Kane needs a left inside forward as partner. Foden, Bellingham and Kane are occupying the same area in the field.

That janza has done nothing but dive and feign injury all game and the referee has fallen for it every single time. Embarrassing.
Deserves an Oscar ... Judged and presented by none other than the ref

Mainoo and Palmer deserve to stay in the side.

Mainoo has an outside chance because the position next to Rice is up for grabs. Palmer probably has no chance because Foden, Bellingham and Saka are favourites of Southgate's.

This team is hard to watch, they need a Bruno who will force the issue

Being a United and England fan is fecking grim. I just want to watch a game of football where my team plays exciting football and wins some games comfortably. Please, for the love of god.

Embarrassingly bad from Southgate and England. Think I'd swap Gareth for any other manager in the tournament. The players need to grow some balls too. No matter what the manager is saying it doesn't stop you trying to do something.

Mainoo and Palmer deserve to stay in the side.

Mainoo has an outside chance because the position next to Rice is up for grabs. Palmer probably has no chance because Foden, Bellingham and Saka are favourites of Southgate's.
Mainoo and Gorden both need to start. Play with only one #10.

Every time I get the hope it’ll click, every time we seem to be so disjointed.
The subs should all start, thought Mainoo, palmer offered a lot more positivity and why not just drop Kane for Watkins or Toney.

Palmer, Mainoo, Gordon should all be starting the next match.

It wasn't good but it was an improvement on the previous two games. Thought we didn't give Slovenia a sniff. That's not high praise but Serbia and Denmark were a lot more threatening, even if no side created much against us.

Need to up the levels in the knock out.

I though Kobbie did well in the 2nd half. Not outstanding but we controlled things better.

Obviously a lot depends on other results still but with France and the Netherlands not winning their group there is a possibility of them being on England's side of the knockout rounds? Could potentially be some big countries finishing second or third in the other groups.

Every time I get the hope it’ll click, every time we seem to be so disjointed.
The subs should all start, thought Mainoo, palmer offered a lot more positivity and why not just drop Kane for Watkins or Toney.
Good point, there's always a bit of a blind spot around Kane even when he's been poor, but he shouldn't be guaranteed anything with these performances. A fully fit Watkins or Toney is better than a half fit Kane

Really hoped to have played someone like Germany in the next round and beat them to build that confidence and momentum. Listening to Kane just now, he seems to be happy to nick a win against Georgia or the Czehs. Guess its why he'll always be a lossr.

Obviously a lot depends on other results still but with France and the Netherlands not winning their group there is a possibility of them being on England's side of the knockout rounds? Could potentially be some big countries finishing second or third in the other groups.
France are guaranteed to be on the other side of the draw. The Netherlands could either be a R16 opposition team or in the SF for England.

Status
Not open for further replies.