England Euro 2024 Squad and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a cowardly manager, I actually like Gallagher for certain tactical setups, particularly games where you expect to give up some midfield possession but there is zero justification for the change not to be Mainoo or Wharton vs Slovenia.

He's a cowardly manager, I actually like Gallagher for certain tactical setups, particularly games where you expect to give up some midfield possession but there is zero justification for the change not to be Mainoo or Wharton vs Slovenia.

Like you said, he is a coward. He does not have the balls to play young players. When you see players like Guler and Yamal staring for their nations, we hold our players back and put square pegs in round holes.

So what's your idea? How good this can be?

-------------------------Rice----------------------

---------eze/Taa------------Belli/gall

Saka/palmer---kane/watk---gordon/foden

First written were first choice and should be played with full energy for first 55 minutes. Then subbed all with second options to give full of energised midfield and attack.

Id start with

-------------------------Rice----------------------

---------Bellingham------------Foden

-------Saka------Kane---Gordon-------

So Bellingham as an 8 and Foden as a 10.

Use the pace of Saka and Gordon out wide.

I'm sure he would rather play Robbie Savage and Scott McTominay in CM instead of Xavi and Busquets.

Against Slovenia it might be enough. Will not be enough against bigger sides. Still some elephants in the room that needs to be talked about. To late to do correct changes because you can't put in players in the squad now.

If this is the only change he makes, he's a fecking mug.

The system clearly isn't working. Foden doesn't work on the left, especially when you have Bellingham playing as a 10.

This is the game to try something different. Qualifications pretty much secured. What's the point in bringing someone like Gordon over Grealish or Rashford if you're not gonna play him? You'd have been better off with either of those two as they at least know the system and have tournament experience.

Gallagher's also come off the bench in the last two games and not shown all that much imo. We know what he offers. Why not give Mainoo or Wharton a chance?

Last edited:
Southgate deserves all the criticism he gets, if this is the only change he thinks is needed to turn round these dire performances then he's even worse than I thought he was. Foden on the left is as much of a failure as TAA in midfield.

I don't know if he's changing the set up aswell , if he doesn't , Gallagher just smacks of , if we run more with intensity it will all fall into place .

It's moving the ball better , quicker , with more options that I think we need to do , I feel that will create a knockon in fluidity .

There's nothing wrong with Gallagher as a player, I'd happily have him at Brighton, but if you say one day that the team is missing Kalvin Philips and then the next day bring Gallagher in it makes no real sense. I'd much prefer to see Wharton given a run out in a game that is the closest thing we're going to get to a free hit in the tournament. Or maybe move Stones into the holding role to help out and free up Rice a bit.

I also really want to see Luke Shaw back, a proper left back would make the world of difference to playing out and creating at the other end.

If this is the only change he makes, he's a fecking mug.

The system clearly isn't working. Foden doesn't work on the left, especially when you have Bellingham playing as a 10.

This is the game to try something different. Qualifications pretty much secured. What's the point in bringing someone like Gordon over Grealish or Rashford if you're not gonna play him? You'd have been better off with either of those two as they at least know the system and have tournament experience.

Gallagher's also come off the bench in the last two games and not shown all that much imo. We know what he offers. Why not give Mainoo or Wharton a chance?

He is a mug.
He has been for years.
We will go absolutely nowhere with him in charge.
The Southgate years have been such a waste of time, a monumental waste of time.

Nnnnooooo you fool. Be quiet.
He's kind of right but not because Mainoo is anything like the players he's mentioning. He doesn't need the hype and its too early for him in this tournament.

Nnnnooooo you fool. Be quiet.
He's kind of right but not because Mainoo is anything like the players he's mentioning. He doesn't need the hype and its too early for him in this tournament.
Why should it be too early for a player who was man of the match in an FA cup final?

Why should it be too early for a player who was man of the match in an FA cup final?
Playing as an attacking midfielder. He could definitely do a job as that for england. He's a freak, he shouldn't be getting MotM in FA cup finals. Planning around him putting in freakish performances just seems like a bad plan to me as oppossed to a necessity because your entire squad is injured and your building for the future.
Throw him in because your current options are too shit to bother continuing with (they're not) or as an attacking midfielder working in front of a vaguely competent base (not like united is a high bar to overcome).
Being the lynch pin midfielder that holds everything together like Rodri or Kross is outrageously ambitious.

. I'd much prefer to see Wharton given a run out in a game that is the closest thing we're going to get to a free hit in the tournament.

Coming from. a BHA fan the Wharton recommendation has 10x weight

Regret I cant reciprocate for Mr Dunk,

If Guardiola would be the coach then even this line-up could work against most sides.

---------------------------------------Pickford
--------Walker---------------------Stones--------------------Guehi
--------------------Bellingham---------------------Rice
TAA‐----------------------------------------------------------------Saka
---‐-------------------Palmer-----------------------Foden
------------------------------------------Kane
Guardiola will not play Pickford as GK for his passing. Pickford doesn't pass from the back. He always kick the ball long. With all these players from City, Arsenal, Real, Madrid, Southgate's tactic is to kick the ball long from the back. Pickford and Everton never build up play from the back, and no way Pickford can do it in Euro 2024 either. So it doesn't matter who plays in the middle, the wings or the front. Zero difference. The problem is Southgate.

Gallagher will be played to "vindicate" Southgate's system.

Slovenia will over commit because they need a win and England will counterpunch them to death.

I predict they will get a few goals then go squeeky bum mode allowing Slovenia to get one back. England will then get one or two more as Slovenia get desperate.

The English press will go overboard at the flattering scoreline but the team won't have improved or come up with a better system.

We'll then labour to another win against minnows or get drawn against a threatening team and they'll humiliate England.

This game is his opportunity to try something new and be brave and bold but he is a cowardly shitstain of a manager.

Gallagher is not the right decision, it should be mainoo as scholes pointed out (knows a thing to two about midfield). Nevertheless Gallagher is still a massive upgrade on TAA in midfield. This is what you end up doing with Southgate, praying he makes a poor decision as opposed to an abominable one. Hope he finally fecks off after this tournament.

Playing as an attacking midfielder. He could definitely do a job as that for england. He's a freak, he shouldn't be getting MotM in FA cup finals. Planning around him putting in freakish performances just seems like a bad plan to me as oppossed to a necessity because your entire squad is injured and your building for the future.
Throw him in because your current options are too shit to bother continuing with (they're not) or as an attacking midfielder working in front of a vaguely competent base (not like united is a high bar to overcome).
Being the lynch pin midfielder that holds everything together like Rodri or Kross is outrageously ambitious.

Not really sure why you’re acting like Mainoo is still some child that’s going to wet his pants on a big stage. Wharton and him are the clear best true midfielder options alongside Rice, it’s not like there’s a bevy to choose from ahead of them.

Guardiola will not play Pickford as GK for his passing. Pickford doesn't pass from the back. He always kick the ball long. With all these players from City, Arsenal, Real, Madrid, Southgate's tactic is to kick the ball long from the back. Pickford and Everton never build up play from the back, and no way Pickford can do it in Euro 2024 either. So it doesn't matter who plays in the middle, the wings or the front. Zero difference. The problem is Southgate.
First of all Pickford is not the problem in this team.

But who should replace Pickford?

Gallagher is not the right decision, it should be mainoo as scholes pointed out (knows a thing to two about midfield). Nevertheless Gallagher is still a massive upgrade on TAA in midfield. This is what you end up doing with Southgate, praying he makes a poor decision as opposed to an abominable one. Hope he finally fecks off after this tournament.
Gallagher has showed nothing in both matches to deserve a start.

So Shaw is still not fit for the matchday squad.....how could he not bring in a fit left-back for the group stage matches :rolleyes:

Now we're through hopefully he'll be little less cautious and rigid tactically, tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.