England Euro 2024 Squad and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
England also have the personnel to play 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1....

That's working out well isn't it?

It has worked when you have Maguire, Shaw etc. in but when you're reduced to the defence England have and you don't have an inform Rashford or Grealish then it's a big drop off and change. With the defensive options England have and the personnel of Bellingham and Foden who I think operate best in those AM positions (where they can float so Foden can invert from that left or right)and Trent as a RWB, it would be better. Walker has played often enough as a RCB as has Stones in that formation. Guehi at club level will be operating in that system too. It's only Saka who you basically 'sacrifice' in the formation but he's one of England best players and would be able to adapt to the position.

Last edited:
Semi finals of the European Championships. We're 1-0 down to France with ten minutes to go. And we bring on... Ivan Toney.

England is about to go into an international cup with a squad that is considered favourites for the 4th time in a row, all to be completely bottled by the most meh manager in the history of sports.

Because he’s not got Rodri, Bernardo, Kdb etc to make him look good.
Nah if he was really a future special player he would've done something in an England shirt by now. Where is these young lads desire to show everyone what they can do, announcing themselves on the international stage

Knee jerk?! Come off it. He's been awful all season and his attitude stunk. Players like that should not be getting called up to their national squad, that really shouldn't be a controversial opinion.
Yeah he's been terrible this season I agree, he's not the worst player in the world though, which everyone seems to be making out. I'm sure if teams had the chance to sign either one of Rashford or Gordon this summer, most will choose Gordon....

Again, it's not just southgate being shite, the players are well over rated. Even with a great coach, it's semi finals at best. We're still not producing good enough players.

England is about to go into an international cup with a squad that is considered favourites for the 4th time in a row, all to be completely bottled by the most meh manager in the history of sports.

Which international manager is better than him?

Funny how someone being quick and running in behind and doing feck all is considered good, while being involved in basically every other pass which created space against a deep defence is doing nothing.

Space? What space? If you're trying to defend Mainoo then I'd suggest he was a part of the problem with the congestion. He didn't play badly but Southgate needed to tell his players to make more width. It's not rocket science.

Again, it's not just southgate being shite, the players are well over rated. Even with a great coach, it's semi finals at best.

The players are some of the best players in the world.

If we went into the tournament with our best eleven - we would be the best team.

Nah if he was really a future special player he would've done something in an England shirt by now. Where is these young lads desire to show everyone what they can do, announcing themselves on the international stage
Foden is not a midfielder, I know everyone seems to be obsessed with this but he has to play wide right or wide left. Or he's useless. There's a reason that Pep hardly uses him in one of the 3 midfield positions....

Doesn't stop pundits and fans clamouring for him to play as a 10 for some reason.

Southgate needs to feck off that was so tumescent football.
I was sat in the Icelandic away end too and our fans were dreadful

Yeah he's been terrible this season I agree, he's not the worst player in the world though, which everyone seems to be making out. I'm sure if teams had the chance to sign either one of Rashford or Gordon this summer, most will choose Gordon....
Yeh that's fair enough. Just seems to be some posters with red tinted glasses on when it comes to Rashford. Players in crap form shouldn't be called up, simple as that. One of the few things Southgate has got right by the looks of it.

Yeh that's fair enough. Just seems to be some posters with red tinted glasses on when it comes to Rashford. Players in crap form shouldn't be called up, simple as that. One of the few things Southgate has got right by the looks of it.

Literally one of the only things Southgate has got wrong is ignoring the genuine pedigree of players for lads who’ve done nothing in their career.

It was terrible, but a meaningless friendly at the end of the day.

I must admit I would like having at least one of Grealish/Maddison/Rashford to bring on though, even if they haven't had great seasons.

Space? What space? If you're trying to defend Mainoo then I'd suggest he was a part of the problem with the congestion. He didn't play badly but Southgate needed to tell his players to make more width. It's not rocket science.

Mainoo was involved in pretty much all of the good combination play which opened any space against the low block. He created a number of combinations that Foden and Palmer didn't quite exploit.

Gordon was a shite Dan James with none of the charm, completely forgettable player.

Because he’s not got Rodri, Bernardo, Kdb etc to make him look good.
Got plenty of other talent around him at England though. Palmer, 2nd top goalscorer in the league. A great talent in Mainoo, Declan rice who’s a solid DM. Harry Kane who’s a better ST than Haaland.

Jesus don't tell me that on top of your Rashford crap your also praising Southgate? He's shite ffs. Don't want him anywhere near United.
I think the user name is a give away. It’s almost for the sake of arguments sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.