England Euro 2024 Squad and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been at late meeting and only just tuned is. Wtf?! And why isn’t Bellingham playing?

Because his season ended last saturday, winning the biggest prize in club football. hes been given an extra week to celebrate and recuperate, which is quite right too.

Disagree. We won 5 of our last 7 games playing that system with Nat Clyne at CB and Will Hughes in CM. Can absolutely work when the players are coached properly.

But England don’t play that way and never have.

You can’t switch your formation in the last seconds before a tournament.

England need Trent in there honestly, he's one of the best players in the world at creating from the RW.
There were plenty of other right sided players in the PL (never mind the world) who were more creative than Alexander-Arnold last season.

Disappointed with England today. It’s only a friendly, but we need to show more quality and penetration. We fluffed our lines a few times tonight as well which we can’t allow come the full tournament.

For some fans a player is either the worst player in history or the best player in history depending on his form. It's unfortunate that most modern day fans are knee jerk fans.
Knee jerk?! Come off it. He's been awful all season and his attitude stunk. Players like that should not be getting called up to their national squad, that really shouldn't be a controversial opinion.

I don't give a feck what he's done for City, Foden needs to start Sunday from the bench.

That Southgate is an abomination of a manager.

the southgate shaggers should be booted out of the country.

actually, that’s not a punishment these days. they should be forced to stay in the country forever.

Gordan did well I thought, good outlet on the left and put in a couple of decent balls.

Foden can't replicate club form for England.

Palmer looked out of his depth and should have scored but needlessly tried to round the keeper.

Mainoo is tidy but adds nothing to the team. Can't remember a single stand out moment for him.

Walker and Trippier are both past it. Nothing in an attacking sense anyway. Not a single decent cross from Trippier which is his bread and butter and Walker has multiple brain fart moments per game.

Most if it is in Southgate though. Why are congesting the middle if the box with Kane, Palmer and Foden when Iveland have got 6 back?

I'm no Southgate apologist, but countless top international teams have lost friendlies just before a big tournament. It means nothing. I'm more concerned about having to listen to that fecking band throughout the Euros.

If ashworth and Ratcliffe are actually considering southgate that is quite embarrassing

Rashford would have been quite useful to have in the squad, no matter how shite he's been this season, big game player, who provides something a bit different to what our other attackers do.

Oh well, another tournament of wasted opportunities awaits.

Gordan did well I thought, good outlet on the left and put in a couple of decent balls.

Foden can't replicate club form for England.

Palmer looked out of his depth and should have scored but needlessly tried to round the keeper.

Mainoo is tidy but adds nothing to the team. Can't remember a single stand out moment for him.

Walker and Trippier are both past it. Nothing in an attacking sense anyway. Not a single decent cross from Trippier which is his bread and butter and Walker has multiple brain fart moments per game.

Most if it is in Southgate though. Why are congesting the middle if the box with Kane, Palmer and Foden when Iveland have got 6 back?

Funny how someone being quick and running in behind and doing feck all is considered good, while being involved in basically every other pass which created space against a deep defence is doing nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.