England Euro 2024 Squad and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a disaster. I think Southgate probably has less idea what his best 11 is after these games than he did before.

He literally played well in the FA Cup final a few weeks ago - starting a move that won us the game with an insane ball.
WeeWowWooWow

1 decent performance (and 1 great ball) doesn’t eradicate a full season of absolute dross

Following his predecessor in getting embarrassed by a supermarket again.

He literally played well in the FA Cup final a few weeks ago - starting a move that won us the game with an insane ball.
For some fans a player is either the worst player in history or the best player in history depending on his form. It's unfortunate that most modern day fans are knee jerk fans.

Southgate should have been sacked after embarrassing the country in the euro '20 final, but we've had to put up with 3 more years if shite from him. Just a few more weeks left...

First loss before a tournament in 56 years. Breaking records like that is the exact attribute we look for at United.

England have been crap. Defence is really poor too. I think the best bet with this squad is to play the 5 at the back and have Trent as a RWB.

I’m totally with you and think the same, have been watching a 3421 at club level for the last few months and it can be a very positive system.

—————Pickford
——Guehi Stones Walker
TAA—Wharton—Rice—Saka
———Foden——Bellingham
——————Kane

Saka ain’t half the player on the left but he’s left-footed and got pace at least.

This tonight is a mess.

First loss before a tournament in 56 years. Breaking records like that is the exact attribute we look for at United.

Considering we ain’t won feck all in that span perhaps it’s a good omen.

I’m totally with you and think the same, have been watching a 3421 system at club level for the last few months and it can be a very positive system.

—————Pickford
——Guehi Stones Walker
TAA—Wharton—Rice—Saka
———Foden——Bellingham
——————Kane

Saka ain’t half the player on the left but he’s left-footed and got pace at least.

This tonight is a mess.

That team wouldn’t work.

I know this is just warm-up game, but Iceland really do impress me. For a country with the population of Nottingham to be this competitive at international level is no mean feat.

Foden isnt half the player for England as he is for city. hes another Gerrard.

anyone suggesting it being a straight shoot out between him and Bellingham for that number 10 role must be smoking crack. Bellingham is well clear and performs for England. If Foden is playing, he'll need shoehorning in at LW.

I’m totally with you and think the same, have been watching a 3421 at club level for the last few months and it can be a very positive system.

—————Pickford
——Guehi Stones Walker
TAA—Wharton—Rice—Saka
———Foden——Bellingham
——————Kane

This tonight is a mess.

Yup, that's exactly what I would do.

Southgate should have been sacked after embarrassing the country in the euro '20 final, but we've had to put up with 3 more years if shite from him. Just a few more weeks left...
That nations league humiliation to Hungary at Molineux was the final straw for me. Definitely should have got then.

Been at late meeting and only just tuned is. Wtf?! And why isn’t Bellingham playing?

I don't think I'd notice if Foden never played for England again.

Disagree. We won 5 of our last 7 games playing that system with Nat Clyne at CB and Will Hughes in CM. Can absolutely work when the players are coached properly.
And that has to do with this England team, how ?

Do the last two seasons.

Or three seasons.

Or trophies.

Or performances for England.

Or performances in tournaments for England.
No
His form doesn’t warrant it
You’re defending the indefensible
You’re very welcome to of course
…but you’re wrong
Take off the blinkers

8 years on and we still cant break an Iceland low block.

why does anyone still take any real interest in this crud?

Status
Not open for further replies.