England Euro 2024 Squad and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foden has never played well for England.

Rashford was the top scorer at the last tournament.

Last tournament Grealish not playing get everyone foaming at the mouth.

Now Gordon is ahead of him?

State of this lot

Not only losing but Iceland look comfortable

I have just realised that I am old enough to have seen Eidur Gudjohnsen, his dad and now his son play for Iceland.

Are there any other families who have represented their country over 3 generations?

Not even watching but can imagine Palmer/Foden are all trying to play in the same pocket of space. It'd be same situation with Saka in it.

Madness not taking Rashford.

Mainoo will be so much better once he learns how to get on the ball more. He seems to push too high too early for both United and England at the moment.

Foden isn’t half the player he is for city when playing for England.

Agree and think he will play out wide but the issue is both our wide players will cut inside and none of full backs are good at offering width other than taa who won't start

Shaw when he comes back will help with that, Walker for all his pace never overlaps any more really.

Mainoo will be so much better once he learns how to get on the ball more. He seems to push too high too early for both United and England at the moment.
Yeah I have noticed that quite a bit he is sometimes just stood in the very congested area in front of the defence

Shaw when he comes back will help with that, Walker for all his pace never overlaps any more really.
Agree but would say that's more of an if than a when, we should have taken a proper left back even if they weren't the best

Yeah I have noticed that quite a bit he is sometimes just stood in the very congested area in front of the defence

Yeah I'd expect his heat map to be higher than Kanes at the moment. I'm biased obviously, but I'd like to see him and Rice switched.

Not even watching but can imagine Palmer/Foden are all trying to play in the same pocket of space. It'd be same situation with Saka in it.

More or less, far too narrow and we need some width, going through a blue wall isn't working and we basically are needing a moment of magic unless that changes. Luckily we do have players capable of that but...

Not a great setup for Rashford with Iceland so deep, but yeah like 5/10 players are in the same #10 spot really, and Bellingham isn't even on the field.

I think Grealish would have made difference today.

Agree but would say that's more of an if than a when, we should have taken a proper left back even if they weren't the best

Supposedly ahead of schedule and should be ready to play a part in the 2nd group game. If that's the case he'll be starting by the knockouts

This is making me feel like I want to bet on Denmark to beat England.

The biggest worry, should be how easily Iceland are countering on us. I get that we are trying to break them down, but the cover should be available to stop it being clean through every time they break.

No idea why bookies always have us down as favourites for these tournaments. Or in the top 2. Under Southgate we are awful. We’d win every tournament going under someone like pep/klopp.

Supposedly ahead of schedule and should be ready to play a part in the 2nd group game. If that's the case he'll be starting by the knockouts

so won’t get a run out in the euros.

Those who think Rashford should be in the squad really haven’t seen him play for a while. Slows down counter attacks and tries to run through defenders, not past them, but through them. Lazy bastard who should be playing in the Championship.

Trent has done well since coming on. I'm coming round to the idea of him coming on for Walker in an attacking change if we're chasing the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.