England Euro 2024 Squad and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nahh, I believe this current crop has the capability to win something. But they need to bring in someone like Ancelotti for that to happen.
The prep for this tournament has been somewhat of a shambles, many of these players haven't played together before. Some of thus is due to new players coming through but it's also down to southgate not properly using opportunities to give new players minutes in qualifiers

Also there is no way trippier and Shaw were our best choices at left back

What?! Foden has been arguably the best player in the league this season. Palmer is a special talent. Bellingham has been one of the best players in La Liga. Mainoo we’ve seen enough of in a United shirt to know he’s very talented for a teenager. Saka has been fantastic for years. How any of those players are overrated is beyond me
Foden and bellingham do zero for me. Both of them no more than decent. I do love saka, though. An actual baller.

Most of these players are world class at their club yet in the England shirt they look like shite. Who's fault could that be

Current English young talent is just vastly over rated. I would take most England teams from the past over this group.
Not at all... As always, put a quality manager in charge and England will be successful. Southgate is not a premier league level coach. He's shown his failures at the coaching side time and time again.

Foden is a disaster in the 1st half. Replacing him with Eze and move Palmer to the AM may help in the 2nd

Foden and bellingham do zero for me. Both of them no more than decent. I do love saka, though. An actual baller.

I know I'm going to get flak for this but Bellingham is going to be the first domino to fall after Mbappe joins RM. He's alright but for me a level below someone like a Gerrard.

Sure they'll do their best to get Vinicius, Bellingham and Mbappe in the same line up but Mbappe will inherit the primary goalscoring responsibility and Bellingham's goal output becomes less important. He isn't a creative #10 of the KdB, Bruno, Odegaard mould and he probably can't create as much for Vini and Mbappe as a proper #10 so he'll get dropped.

Foden is a disaster in the 1st half. Replacing him with Eze and move Palmer to the AM may help in the 2nd

He's not an attacking midfielder despite what everyone wants to believe. He does his best work coming from outside to in, much like Palmer has done several times already.

I know I'm going to get flak for this but Bellingham is going to be the first domino to fall after Mbappe joins RM. He's alright but for me a level below someone like a Gerrard.

Sure they'll do their best to get Vinicius, Bellingham and Mbappe in the same line up but Mbappe will inherit the primary goalscoring responsibility and Bellingham's goal output becomes less important. He isn't a creative #10 of the KdB, Bruno, Odegaard mould and he probably can't create as much for Vini and Mbappe as a proper #10 so he'll get dropped.
A level below Gerrard at the same age? Seriously?

Did Joe Cole say he saw nothing wrong with Ramsdale for their goal? He should be saving that 100%. If Onana lets that in it’s talked about all week.

He's not an attacking midfielder despite what everyone wants to believe. He does his best work coming from outside to in, much like Palmer has done several times already.
Unlike for City, he has not played well for England this year at all, not sure which position is best for him, but definitely not AM. Palmer looked descent as AM in the previous match.

Agree and think he will play out wide but the issue is both our wide players will cut inside and none of full backs are good at offering width other than taa who won't start

I am wondering if Southgate want to change his mind regarding Gordon vs Grealish or even Rashford after seeing this half..

I say get klopp after the EM as national trainer and you win the next world championship. England has the players for his style.

Just far too narrow. There is clearly talent but they all tend to occupy fairly similar locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.