England Euro 2024 Squad and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maguire is a huge miss. Not sure who partners Stones now? Guehi or Konsa?

Not fussed about Grealish. Plenty of better players in that position. Still think Rashford should've gone though, he's had a poor season but don't think there's anyone that offers what he does coming off the bench.
Guehi and Branthwaite are the 2 natural left centre backs.

Maguire should have been phased out a few years ago.

Grealish is a surprise as I think he's a decent option off the bench.

I'd start Gordon at left wing but we know Foden will start there and look anonymous in every game.

Fair point, but I think it's worth noting Maguire only had five England caps before WC 2018. Chance for someone like Guehi or Branthwaite to really cement their place.

There were no expectations prior to that World Cup so you could afford that. England are now in a position where expectations are to get to the semi-finals at least.

Funny how he went so defence heavy last time yet this time we seem really light in that area.

A sign he may be going all out for his last hurrah?

So that’s Grealish, Maguire, Jones, Maddison so far? So I guess we’re waiting for 3 more names then.

For all I care, Mainoo is confirmed in and I am happy. Shaw already started training on Tuesday and Southgate will definitely keep him no mater what.

My 02 favourite English players are in so I also confirm to support England this time :cool:

It seems Gareth has (finally) stuck to his principle of choosing players in form. I know Shaw is in but that's due to lack of cover at LB.

So that’s Grealish, Maguire, Jones, Maddison so far? So I guess we’re waiting for 3 more names then.
I'd imagine it'll be Trafford, Quansah and either Wharton or one of Toney/Watkins.

Could be waiting until the last friendly.

It is done now. The list of 07 are James Maddison, Curtis Jones, Jarell Quansah, Harry Maguire, Jack Grealish, James Trafford and Jarrad Branthwaite

Konsa as well I imagine? Surprised though by Branthwaite not being there, would have made the call on Toney v Watkins
Gomez also plays CB too, that is 04. Southgate goes all-in this time to entertain people with lots of attack.

He's not been using either as a CB and neither have really been playing there for their club.

Self-sabotage Southgate. I was initially rooting for England, but now that's at least 3 big comical mistakes from him in leaving Rashford, Maguire and Maddison out. 2 of them United players as well. Maybe he'll leave one or both of Mainoo and Gordon out and then the full on hatewatch can begin :drool:

Self-sabotage Southgate. I was initially rooting for England, but now that's at least 3 big mistakes in leaving Rashford, Maguire and Maddison out. 2 of them United players as well. Maybe he'll leave one or both of Mainoo and Gordon out and then the full on hatewatch can begin :drool:

Maguire is due to injury.

Self-sabotage Southgate. I was initially rooting for England, but now that's at least 3 big mistakes in leaving Rashford, Maguire and Maddison out. 2 of them United players as well. Maybe he'll leave one or both of Mainoo and Gordon out and then the full on hatewatch can begin :drool:

Maguire is hurt and Maddison doesn’t fit anywhere in this team. Rashford is the only questionable decision of the 3.

No Branthwaite is an odd one, especially with Maguire's injury.

Surprised he's taken both Watkins and Toney.

Status
Not open for further replies.