England Euro 2024 Squad and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our manager wants to quit football after this mind blowing performance from England. And it's his first managerial game!

aye. not really fair of southgate to unleash his dogs on you like this. a lot of these guys will have families (i assume bosnian people have families.)

1-0 to England is like a win given in the past year we lost 7-1 to Luxembourg on aggregate over the 2 matches with them...

such a sore loser.

This current lineup is closer to how I'd set out the team if everyone is healthy.

Grealish---------Kane-------Saka
----------------Bellingham---------
------------Wharton--Rice---------
Shaw-Branthwaite-Stones-Walker
-------------------Pickford----------------------

Nice and boring. Foden first sub off the bench, TAA can come on at RB if you need a goal. Wouldn't be champagne football but not a lot of holes.

Kobbie..?

This current lineup is closer to how I'd set out the team if everyone is healthy.

Grealish---------Kane-------Saka
----------------Bellingham---------
------------Wharton--Rice---------
Shaw-Branthwaite-Stones-Walker
-------------------Pickford----------------------

Nice and boring. Foden first sub off the bench, TAA can come on at RB if you need a goal. Wouldn't be champagne football but not a lot of holes.
Wharton is class but bold to pick him over mainoo on here... (You're wrong anyway)

Bowen with his head in his hands that Konsa blocked his shot, and it wasn't even going in. It was going wide from 5 yards out. What a muppet.

I really like the look of Wharton.

Exactly the kind of player this England, and our United team needs.

Takes the ball on the half turn.

Plays Keane-esque crisp forwards passes with both feet. Intelligent positioning. Looks mobile, and solid defensively.

We should be all over him this summer.

I’d be amazed if city don’t go in for him with how reliant they are on Rodri

Gonna be a travesty when TAA or Gallagher are getting minutes ahead of him.

Wharton is class but bold to pick him over mainoo on here... (You're wrong anyway)

I too think Wharton is better. No sleight on Mainoo who is also elite but I think Wharton just has an edge on him. Midfield with those two in it is set though.

Yeah I love him just think he's probably not quite ready, but you could certainly play him over Wharton, particularly against weaker sides.

He's ready.

He's ready.
Wharton and Mainoo are both elite talents and would complement each other perfectly. I can't believe our scouts had their dick in their hands when he was just over the road at Blackburn until January.

I too think Wharton is better. No sleight on Mainoo who is also elite but I think Wharton just has an edge on him. Midfield with those two in it is set though.

They're very different. If England had a stronger back 4 I might pick Mainoo, but I think you need Wharton and Rice to protect England's back 4. Might be a bit lacking in creativity though, which Mainoo would help with, but I'd rather start out with a solid side and look to make a change if you need to or switch the wide players.

Anyone saying Wharton over Kobbie needs to be ready to accept he’s worth a £50m+ bid.

I’ve not seen much of him, but if he’s in that convo he should be our number one target.

Must be annoying to have literally just got him, barely had any time to enjoy his qualities properly and the sharks are already circling around him.

Got zero worries about him going anywhere this summer tbf, things couldn’t be going much better for him and there are 3 or 4 that will be ahead of him in the queue to move. I don’t see any scenario where we will sell him this summer (unless he has a release clause, but why would he want to move at this point even if he does?).

I think in a squad of 26 you have to take him, offers a ton as a sub if you're down 1-0 with 30 minutes to go.

Yeah he’ll go. I like him as a player. But the obnoxious celebration while playing for England B against that opposition?… twat

Hopefully, he's got a release clause. I don't think I'm exaggerating in saying United need a player like him.

What gives him the edge?

For me, it’s that he plays in the position to free Rice into the role he has been playing for Arsenal.

Wharton plays like Carrick and Keane. DLP.

I’d be happy with those 3 going as the options for deeper midfield roles.

I fear that we will be seeing TAA in their ahead of either of the young lads tho…

Am I delusional in thinking Mainoo is better than anyone who played in an England shirt tonight apart from Eze and Kane maybe.

For me, it’s that he plays in the position to free Rice into the role he has been playing for Arsenal.

Wharton plays like Carrick and Keane. DLP.

I’d be happy with those 3 going as the options for deeper midfield roles.

I fear that we will be seeing TAA in their ahead of either of the young lads tho…

Fair enough. I feel Mainoo has also done this numerous times, too, more notably when partnered with McTominay, who plays box to box.

He probably is. I'm just telling you where he currently plays for Palace. I'd also argue about the speed/penetration for a winger. Is he blisteringly fast? No, but his ball manipulation makes his and close control makes him very effective in those wide areas.
He is quick enough. (Quicker than Foden) & with his dribbling and vision the out right pace is not really need in wider areas

Status
Not open for further replies.