England Euro 2024 Squad and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
An injury to Rice completely destroys the team. We have no replacement for him. We'd be playing a #8 there instead. Not having a LB is a massive problem as well. Tripper hasn't had a good season and isn't a LB.

We can win in it, but it'll be very tough to beat France, Germany or Portgual.
Stones could slot in there as a backup

I seriously expected something around 6-0 and I am not even joking. We are one of worst teams in the Europe at the moment, and we are playing our second team(like England tbf, but our second team is bordering amateur stuff).

But I guess end of the season national football can't be threated seriously, but then some of these players are fighting for England Euro spot.

This is more boring than Chelsea next season..

I seriously expected something around 6-0 and I am not even joking. We are one of worst teams in the Europe at the moment, and we are playing our second team(like England tbf, but our second team is bordering amateur stuff).

But I guess end of the season national football can't be threated seriously, but then some of these players are fighting for England Euro spot.
We have 100s of millions of players on the pitch, we should be atleast scoring by 60 minutes this is ridiculous, cant even call this a ‘b team’ with our breadth of talent

VAR in a fecking friendly is boring.

An injury to Rice completely destroys the team. We have no replacement for him. We'd be playing a #8 there instead. Not having a LB is a massive problem as well. Tripper hasn't had a good season and isn't a LB.

We can win in it, but it'll be very tough to beat France, Germany or Portgual.

Yeah, Rice is by far England's most important player.

LB looks rough if Shaw isn't healthy by game 3, but we've seen teams make do at LB and England could maybe survive if they alternate there based on if they're facing a dribbler like Sane or Dembele or someone who tucks in more like whatever AM is on the right for Portugal.

Quite decent this for a side that's never played together. Trent has a cross that scares the shit out of any defence. Palmer and Bowen looks dangerous

Yeah, Rice is by far England's most important player.

LB looks rough if Shaw isn't healthy by game 3, but we've seen teams make do at LB and England could maybe survive if they alternate there based on if they're facing a dribbler like Sane or Dembele or someone who tucks in more like whatever AM is on the right for Portugal.

You can see why Southgate is giving Shaw as much chance as possible to make it despite him not being fit for months.

What the feck is the co-commentator on about "fortunate to get the decision"?

Only thing I can think of is Watkins was pushing someone to the ground same time as Konsa was being pulled.

Wharton is fecking quality. I'd be taking him everyday over shite like Gallagher.

Pep has made Grealish less fun, but it's good for England to have someone who actually keeps the ball and slows it down.

What exactly do we pay our scouts for if not to find players like Wharton? I'm serious. They are stealing a living.

I'm a huge Rashford Fan and think he should have been in this provisional squad but he let England down in the probably most important moment...
Anyone can miss a penalty. Do you think Kane let England down because he missed a crucial penalty vs France?

What exactly do we pay our scouts for if not to find players like Wharton? I'm serious. They are stealing a living.
There are some good young players in the EFL if you keep looking, with us lately it seems if it doesn't work the once we stop looking.

This current lineup is closer to how I'd set out the team if everyone is healthy.

Grealish---------Kane-------Saka
----------------Bellingham---------
------------Wharton--Rice---------
Shaw-Branthwaite-Stones-Walker
-------------------Pickford----------------------

Nice and boring. Foden first sub off the bench, TAA can come on at RB if you need a goal. Wouldn't be champagne football but not a lot of holes.

I hope Southgate understands now Gallagher is useless in deep midfield.

He’s not a DM. No idea why Southgate insists on using there every time. An actual deep lying player like Wharton or Mainoo would look class there. Gallagher is better served when making use of his off the ball qualities, pressing etc coming off the bench. There are much better players on the ball to pick in those deep positions.

Eze is clearly a #10, it's just that Palace play 3-4-2-1, and he's in the same spot where Mount was doing well in the same formation under Tuchel.

Doesn't have the mentality of a #8 or the speed/penetration of a winger.

He probably is. I'm just telling you where he currently plays for Palace. I'd also argue about the speed/penetration for a winger. Is he blisteringly fast? No, but his ball manipulation makes his and close control makes him very effective in those wide areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.