England Euro 2024 Squad and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably a nothing game for you as we are really shit. Also a new manager who hasn't even come to a game unfortunately, he needed some medical help.
He's there! But yeah first game and a bunch of randoms thrown in. Hopefully we give him time, the fixtures are brutal for his start

Eze is quite clearly better than Rashford and Grealish right now. Hopefully he's on the plane.

Watkins there is the clear example of why players dive.

It's not the players fault, it's the fact that referee's don't give anything if you don't go down, no matter how obvious the foul. So to get anything, you have to undergo the theatrics.

I’d be quite happy if Mainoo gets left behind to be honest. A good summer break could really help him for us next season.

Hopefully Gallagher and someone else absolutely smashes it before the squad is named.

It’s rare that anything good happens from United players playing for England anyway. They’re usually scapegoated for something and we end up having to deal with the fallout.

Your username is so apt :lol:

Southgate very defensive with Trent and Gallagher in midfield.

Eze the standout player so far. Be very surprised if teams aren’t circling around him this summer.

Absolutely no need to take TAA. Rice, Wharton, Gallagher, Mainoo are all ahead of him in the pecking order for central midfield. Walker and Trippier are first and second choice right backs and Konsa/Gomez can cover if need be. We don't need three right backs. He should be dropped but he won't.

Absolutely no need to take TAA. Rice, Wharton, Gallagher, Mainoo are all ahead of him in the pecking order for central midfield. Walker and Trippier are first and second choice right backs and Konsa/Gomez can cover if need be. We don't need three right backs. He should be dropped but he won't.
Trippers had a shocking season

Also, can Konsa actually control a ball? I swear he's tripped over it about 4 times so far.

Central midfield is really ponderous, but I suppose that is what you will get when pairing TAA and Galagher.
Palmer and Eze both looking sharp though.

If Trippier doesn’t go (I think he will as he’ll be our left back cover/starter) then TAA possibly gets in for set piece ability.

Though obviously that’s rather moot if he’s on the bench.

Ronaldinho esque from Eze there. Beautiful technique and close control

Eze taking to England the way Bellingham did to Madrid.

He’s basically who Grealish was supposed to be when he went from Villa to City.

Hope Palace can keep the team together (and fit) for one more season
Feck that. Bring me Eze and Olise. In fact, might be cheaper to buy Crystal Palace and we'll get a Guehi and Wharton added on for free.

Really struggling to understand the Trent in CM experiments.

He doesn't offer anything in there and would get torn to shreds by a proper midfield

Trippier has been horrible this season. Trent is ahead of him.

If they don't start, Eze and Gordon should be the first ones off the bench.

Your username is so apt :lol:

I’ve tried fighting it for a while and trying to be positive. Then I remembered the fleeting moment of self awareness that led to me picking the name.

Still, despite being English I’m not a massive fan of the national team. United is where it’s at for me, England is a distant secondary concern. Anything that helps us next year is key.

The only possible way I see to fit Trent into the side is just to play Kyle Walker as an orthodox RCB to hold/do his usual covering job, with Trent at RB inverting into DM/RCM in possession. But it's probably just not worth it.

Trent midfield experiment should stop. He's a wingback or inverted wing back but a CM he is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.