England Euro 2024 Squad and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope either kills you or keeps you alive. For those who dread defeat tomorrow, I get it, but is it not better to live one’s life to embracing hope?

Hope either kills you or keeps you alive. For those who dread defeat tomorrow, I get it, but is it not better to live one’s life to embracing hope?

No fear. This feels different to last time. Less nerves, I think. Less likely the occasion will get to many of the players. We're not favourites by any stretch, but this didn't feel like the pressure of last time. It doesn't feel once in a lifetime, this time. I hope that'll help our performance.

Just like we proved against City on the FA Cup final, anything can happen in a one shot match. Fine margins and all that.

You can only beat whats infront of you but they’ve not faced a top tier team yet. I expect Spain will be a step too far and if they’d met earlier England would be home already. That said, a decision, a sending off..bad injury on the day can all give England a win.

Mainoo has played well with the team, which has served highlight how good he is individually.

By contrast, Bellingham has looked like feels he needs to win the balon d’or every game. But at the same time he looks exhausted. So he ends up congesting the areas in front of goal searching for “moments”.

well, we’re in the final because of one his moments

It's southgate. I expect us to get rinsed 4-0 and the final to be an embarrassing experience. At the end of it, I think we'll be wishing we were knocked out in the semi. I thought the Euro 2021 final was an embarrassment and this could be even worse!

Did you also say this before the FA Cup final?

Also keep in mind that if we win, Pep’s entirely family will be sad haha

You can only beat whats infront of you but they’ve not faced a top tier team yet. I expect Spain will be a step too far and if they’d met earlier England would be home already. That said, a decision, a sending off..bad injury on the day can all give England a win.

Yeah this will be a huge step up in class

Basically, my position is because of the coach and the performances by the team, so far, I have ZERO joy and optimism about being in a final. I don't see anything to be optimistic in our performance. We've had on good 45 all eruo. He'll pick the same side again and lose. And there is a decent chance we get embarrassed with GS in charge, it's a waste of a fixture. Might play on xbox or somethig when it's on.

Surely as an Everton fan used to losing constantly, it's not all about the end goal, you just surely enjoy the journey too?

There's been plenty of enjoyable moments for us in this tournament, even if it hasn't been brilliant football.

It's bonkers to be in a final and not even remotely optimistic, it's actually illogical.

I still think you're trolling, it's so laughably extreme.

He'll pick the same side again and lose. And there is a decent chance we get embarrassed with GS in charge, it's a waste of a fixture. Might play on xbox or somethig when it's on.
Oh please do. I love it when football fans take the time to post on football forums to tell us they won't be watching an important match for the team they support. It's not the flex you think it is.

Surely as an Everton fan used to losing constantly, it's not all about the end goal, you just surely enjoy the journey too?

There's been plenty of enjoyable moments for us in this tournament, even if it hasn't been brilliant football.

It's bonkers to be in a final and not even remotely optimistic, it's actually illogical.

I still think you're trolling, it's so laughably extreme.
I like mentioned earlier, I don't follow club football any more.

We have been very poor all toruney. I had some hope after the first half against the Dutch, but no back to shit again. From what you've seen from both sides why are you optimistic? It's obvious what's going to happen. So, no point watching really.

Last edited:
Oh please do. I love it when football fans take the time to post on football forums to tell us they won't be watching an important match for the team they support. It's not the flex you think it is.
I might well. Not sure yet. Southgate has forced me to play a game I'm not even enjoying. That's how dire it's been! I'll use this forum to keep up.

Last edited:
But you probably thought it was obvious we'd lose each of the last few games because we're so terrible? and yet, here we are, in the final.
I thought we would lose against the Dutch and they are noting more than average, compared to spain.

It's not so much the inevitable defeat that does it. It's the dire football that's robbed me of any hope. If I thought we were going to play good football and just get out classed. That's fine. But I find his current brand of football shocking and without merit.

I might well. Not sure yet. Southgate has forced me to play a game I'm not even enjoying. That's how dire it's been! I'll use this forum to keep up.
So you’ll hang out in this thread just so you can post ‘I told you so’ if we lose?

As someone said - if you’ve stopped watching club football as you don’t enjoy it…and you haven’t enjoyed any of our games…then maybe football isn’t for you anymore?

No idea why you need to keep telling people whether you might or might not watch it?

But if you don’t, then it would be even stranger to continue to post in here…offering your views on a match that you chose not to watch.

So you’ll hang out in this thread just so you can post ‘I told you so’ if we lose?

As someone said - if you’ve stopped watching club football as you don’t enjoy it…and you haven’t enjoyed any of our games…then maybe football isn’t for you anymore?

No idea why you need to keep telling people whether you might or might not watch it?

But if you don’t, then it would be even stranger to continue to post in here…offering your views on a match that you chose not to watch.
That person brought up me not watching, which, is why I brought it up again.

I'll be in the match day forum. Not this one. That's were I'm going to be kept up to date on the game.

And I am, surely sure, everyone here predicts a spain win? So, it's hardly something I would brag about! Obv, some people don't mind watching shit on a stick football with england and that's fair enough. But it's not for me...

That person brought up me not watching, which, is why I brought it up again. I

I'll be in the match day forum. Not this one. That's were I'm going to be kept up to date on the game.

And I am, surely sure, everyone here predicts a spain win? So, it's hardly something I would brag about! Obv, some people don't mind watching shit ona on a stick football with england and that's fair enough. But it's not for me...

But you've loved talking about it, racking up the most posts in this entire thread, so at least you've had some fun :)

But you've loved talking about it, racking up the most posts in this entire thread, so at least you've had some fun :)
I have enjoyed following the tournament. It's been the first decent chunk of football I've watched since the WC. Club football is not something I want to engage with any more. So, a big england tourney every 2 years is all I have left. Just wish we had a better coach. This one has has ruined the last few.

Basically, my position is because of the coach and the performances by the team, so far, I have ZERO joy and optimism about being in a final. I don't see anything to be optimistic in our performance. We've had on good 45 all eruo. He'll pick the same side again and lose. And there is a decent chance we get embarrassed with GS in charge, it's a waste of a fixture. Might play on xbox or somethig when it's on.

OK, you do that. Nobody cares.

Starting Kane today would be a joke decision. But of course, he will. If he was suffering from bad form I would stick with him but he looks (badly) injured. In that case, i's a huge insult to Watkins.

Shaw in for Trippier. Only change

Not sure how they reckon it's a surprise. He came on fairly early in the semi and very obviously looked way better than Trippier.
The whole point of bringing him was because he might be able to start late on.

Lucky to get to the final.

Need a possession based coach in next.

Fawning all over Kane needs to stop aswell. There are other solutions in attack that can come good in clutch moments as seen in previous games.

Very good squad, some justice done given how poor England were 90% of the time. Lose to the first decent team played, as usual. Justice is done.

Need a coach who can actually coach a modern style of football. Only English option is Potter.

Status
Not open for further replies.