Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

Meh, I take this crap with a pinch of salt tbh when people tell you who they vote for, it seems like they are pushing an idea on you rather than actually aligning with those views:

"Oh I'm not right wing, I vote democrat" - always smell a rat on this

it's not like the Dems are particularly left anyway

more liberal sure, but there policies are more centre/right..

and he probably just voted for them because they were the better party for his EV company at the time

Seen a lot about how he is on some sort of sliding pathway to right-wingdom. Was the guy at any point "left-wing" because it seems he has never been "left-wing" outside of perhaps some pre-scripted soundbites in interviews to seem more human/less horrific?

He has a long and storied history of labor regulation malpractice, tax evasion, and racist workplaces - I mean he might say he supports the democrats and doesn't mind gay marriage, but his actions speak louder than words. I honestly think this is who he is and he's more and more emboldened due to the lack of consequences to literally any of his actions.

Yeah if we're saying Elon Musk was ever 'left-wing' the term has truly become meaningless.

it's not like the Dems are particularly left anyway

more liberal sure, but there policies are more centre/right..

and he probably just voted for them because they were the better party for his EV company at the time
Absolutely, awfully pragmatic I imagine. Also tracks as Teslas were made in Cali before Texas I believe - might be wrong.

Yeah if we're saying Elon Musk was ever 'left-wing' the term has truly become meaningless.
Yeah, I think it's because he is a tech guy which seems to be seen as more left leaning (never understood why) when if he was a finance guy, he'd be seen as more right-wing.

Teslas were made in Cali before being moved to Texas due to taxes, I think. Or employment laws, one of the two, or both.
Thought as much.

I understand a lot of this stiff from plainsite which I would recommend everyone checks out directly on the site as they Aaron left twitter when Musk took over.

No love for Elon at last nights Dave Chappelle gig.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...lon-musk-twitter-dave-chappelle-b2243416.html

The Twitter account that posted the video in the article has mysteriously been deleted! But you can watch on YouTube.

Two reflections.

1. For someone who encourages 'hardcore' work and installs beds at the offices of his companies, Elon Musk sure has a lot of time to feck around and not work himself.
2. Dave Chapelle is so pathetic. "All the people booing have terrible seats", "Booing is not the best thing you can do". Standing up for the megarich is not a good look.

I think Musk doesn’t fully grasp the scale of public discontent related to his Twitter antics. He probably lives in a secluded bubble surrounded by sycophants where he thinks he can easily dig his way out of any mess. Meanwhile Tesla’s stock is crashing and Twitter is now worth a fraction of when he bought it.

I think Musk doesn’t fully grasp the scale of public discontent related to his Twitter antics. He probably lives in a secluded bubble surrounded by sycophants where he thinks he can easily dig his way out of any mess. Meanwhile Tesla’s stock is crashing and Twitter is now worth a fraction of when he bought it.

Lucky for him twitter is too powerful of an engine to fail. Even all of us that hate him tend to hate him on the platform giving him more traffic.

I think Musk is on the steady path towards Kanye-fication and in a decade I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if he's dead from some sort of overdose or imprisoned for some massive fraud.

He wants to be liked. He wants to be cool. He was all of this around 2015 or so but now he's desperately trying to chase that and it burns him that he can't get there.

All that said, I think as a company Twitter was in absolute shambles financially before Musk took control. They had no plan or idea on how to make this money pit work. The mass layoffs, the grind culture etc is all needed if the company is to have any chance of turning a profit.

Lucky for him twitter is too powerful of an engine to fail. Even all of us that hate him tend to hate him on the platform giving him more traffic.

I think Musk is on the steady path towards Kanye-fication and in a decade I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if he's dead from some sort of overdose or imprisoned for some massive fraud.

He wants to be liked. He wants to be cool. He was all of this around 2015 or so but now he's desperately trying to chase that and it burns him that he can't get there.

All that said, I think as a company Twitter was in absolute shambles financially before Musk took control. They had no plan or idea on how to make this money pit work. The mass layoffs, the grind culture etc is all needed if the company is to have any chance of turning a profit.

I don’t think Twitter is too big to fail at all. One inciting incident from Musk and Tim Cook will pull Apple advertising from Twitter and that will be that. Someone will create a Twitter clone and the masses will move fairly quickly.

I don’t think Twitter is too big to fail at all. One inciting incident from Musk and Tim Cook will pull Apple advertising from Twitter and that will be that. Someone will create a Twitter clone and the masses will move fairly quickly.

That's the trickiest part. It's not that easy imo.

If I use twitter only on browsers with adblock installed and thus can't see any ads, does twitter still make any money from me using it?

That's the trickiest part. It's not that easy imo.

There’s a herd behavior involved. Once people see a viable alternative that others are beginning to use, they will switch and begin to use both platforms and will gradually divest from Twitter once they get what they want from the new platform. It could happen relatively soon as well.

well his transgender daughter hates him for never playing any role in her life, his wife made him a fool and publicly begged to stop making an idiot of himself in front of cameras, I am not surprised at all he's on a personal crusade. Miserable man out of touch with reality and finding it difficult to accept not everyone loves him.

“There appears to be a political connection”

A political connection that might actually save lives. Every single one of these shitcars not hitting the road is a good thing. Coffins on wheels.

What the hell Dave. I really don't want to start hating you too ffs.
The blatant transphobia wasn’t enough for you? The man is a lost cause. Musk is precisely the company in which he belongs nowadays.

A political connection that might actually save lives. Every single one of these shitcars not hitting the road is a good thing. Coffins on wheels.

Nah, it’s just that the libs who previously bought Musk’s cars for all the right reasons are now souring on him because of his twattish political trolling.

what did Chapelle do wrong? The guy was his guest on stage he’s hardly gonna start laying the boot in is he

The blatant transphobia wasn’t enough for you? The man is a lost cause. Musk is precisely the company in which he belongs nowadays.

I think there's more nuance to it than that, but I agree some of the stuff in his most recent specials probably crossed the line a bit, sure. But he's still a magnificent comedian and a phenomenal orator and storyteller. His crusade against wokeism and cancel culture is getting really old though - even if I don't think it's completely without merit.

Which is the inciting incident for this moron:

1. grimes leaving
2. trans daughter publicly hating him
3. "predict few cases by april" - elon musk, march 2020
4. <marx> being a billionaire </marx>

State of Chappelle these days. What a twat. Only Ronaldo has crashed and burned faster than him.
Funny thing is more people are upset with him for this than when he literally stopped affordable housing from being built in his area.

Not really a surprise though. The somewhat socially, economically aware skinny Dave is gone. This buffed current version is a right wing twat.

what did Chapelle do wrong? The guy was his guest on stage he’s hardly gonna start laying the boot in is he
I still don't get why a comedian would get a billionaire on stage, is there any background to this?