Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

I think there is a difference between cancelling one side of the argument (hope of promoting a bias narrative) and deleting hate speeches that might result in discrimination or worst violent actions.

In most cases it is clear Twitter staff was doing the latter. There is a difference at least to me between a logical argument on why abortion should be regulated and some crazy telling everyone God disapproves of abortion while condemning everyone to eternal hell for disagreeing (without any evidence).

There is a also a difference when someone argues against vaccination because of legitimate doubts or concerns about how the vaccine was being tested versus someone saying vaccines are 100% bad for you because of what they suspect or heard without any evidences.

I think echochamber is bad for everyone and it may be uncomfortable. We can all see a need for a healthy exchange of view points rooted in facts and reality. But these days there are more and more of those crazies showing up where there is absolutely no chance of any debate. How do you argue against Mr 'Trust' Me, and Mr Faith in God?

Whenever I read up on Twitter news these days, I'm reminded of the quote from Nietzsche. When you stare into the abyss for long, it stares back at you.

Whatever I've read still just sounds like Twitter management trying their best to limit harmful speech.

The sensationalist language is funny though. "TWITTER'S SECRET BLACKLIST!!" or "silencing a president" and then it's just Twitter trying to limit the reach of crazies spreading Covid or election misinformation.

Have you gone through them? Yoel Roth especially was on a crusade to limit reach and censor Trump and other right wing folks including the actor James Wood. Yoel himself met with the FBI and DHS weekly and those meetings were often followed with actions taking against tweets from the right specifically. Unlike last time around that the excuse was Twitter was just doing their job to protect themselves legally, that excuse can no longer be used as this shows a concerted effort to censor.
Not quite a sensational bombshell or a double QPC, but thanks for replying.

If anyone is interested in these allegations about Twitter (and Facebook) regarding coverage of the Hunter Biden laptop issue then I would strongly recommend this episode of the Coming Storm podcast. The good ‘ol BBC doing what tinfoil hat gimps say the MSM never does, uncovering a very high level conspiracy to deceive. And yeah, I’m aware of the irony of taking the piss out of conspiracy theorists in the same post that I share a podcast which supports one of their theories…

The whole podcast series is fantastic by the way. Well worth a listen. Excellent explainer of the QAnon phenomenon and the current state of the US culture war.

Credits to celebs who fecked off from Twitter and feck those who stay. Twitter will lose half its appeal if all of Hollywood collectively decided to abandon it.

If anyone is interested in these allegations about Twitter (and Facebook) regarding coverage of the Hunter Biden laptop issue then I would strongly recommend this episode of the Coming Storm podcast. The good ‘ol BBC doing what tinfoil hat gimps say the MSM never does, uncovering a very high level conspiracy to deceive. And yeah, I’m aware of the irony of taking the piss out of conspiracy theorists in the same post that I share a podcast which supports one of their theories…

The whole podcast series is fantastic by the way. Well worth a listen. Excellent explainer of the QAnon phenomenon and the current state of the US culture war.
Says the episode is temporary unavailable. Could be location settings or may be down for a while.

True, but two wrongs don't make a right and we lefties are supposed to take the moral high ground. I don't care either way I very rarely use Twitter I just found it amusing at a conceptual level because most of the opposition I've seen hasn't been about it not being balanced, but simply about seeing it in the first place which is kinda what we've been saying the whole time was the problem with social media that you didn't see that stuff. I have no idea if the same is true for right wing bubbles as I don't use Twitter enough, who are the Caf resident nazi's that we can tag to confirm
I think the moral high ground would be for balance in peoples feeds. Not pushing further right wing agendas.

Have you gone through them? Yoel Roth especially was on a crusade to limit reach and censor Trump and other right wing folks including the actor James Wood. Yoel himself met with the FBI and DHS weekly and those meetings were often followed with actions taking against tweets from the right specifically. Unlike last time around that the excuse was Twitter was just doing their job to protect themselves legally, that excuse can no longer be used as this shows a concerted effort to censor.

All you've done is to imply that they didn't have any legitimate reasons and only went after right wing folks because they were right wing folks. Isn't it possible that they went after tweets that might lead to people getting in harms way and the overwhelming part of those were from right wing accounts, which would just be twitter doing their job to protect themselves legally and the 3-letter orgs doing their job to keep people safe?

For example if 500 right wing accounts tweeted things like "We need to M-16 our way into the Capitol" and 500 left wing accounts tweeted "MAGAts have wet dreams about Trump doing Ivanka", then it's not a political hit job against the right if only the former accounts get censored.

For anyone not terrified by the power of Musk etc owning these ‘global town squares’ needs to listen to this interview with Maria Ressa.

Not exactly revolutionary in terms of actual facts, but the scale of this form of informational, digital warfare, is terrifying!

https://www.globalplayer.com/podcasts/episodes/7Drenot/

Its quite obvious that Musk owning Twitter is a massive problem, just as one person owning any public square type platform is a problem. And by public square, I mean big tech social media sites. We already know from the likes of Murdoch, what happens when one guy owns regular media conglomerates.

There has only ever been a left wing bias on Twitter which your eyes would tell you if people didn't resort to the same 3 Guardian links to "studies proving right wing bias"

You're wrong, and obviously so, but we both know you don't have the capability to absorb new knowledge. You'll probably be back in three months and say the exact same thing.

What's the iOS thing about when Google take a 30% cut as well (15% below $1million to be fair)? Maybe he's just not realised that yet.

I assume that, like me, a lot of people will start blocking every Twitter Blue user they come across to counteract the boost the algorithm gives them

For a “scientist” he’s remarkably anti-science.

Go back in this thread for your answer. He’s a rocket scientist don’t yah know!