Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

You’ve got a little glimpse into why he is like he is there. He has an echo chamber of sycophants that give him all the reinforcement he craves but definitely doesn’t need. So it’s always a shock to him when he’s faced with the real world.

It also explains the way he keeps on trying to crack jokes despite overwhelming evidence he has no concept of what other real humans find funny. And makes the mind boggle about how little self esteem his sycophants must have. Imagine forcing yourself to yuk it up to that “joke”? How do they sleep at night?

Even most CEOs who are also rich wouldn't get away with the stuff he posts. Shareholders want a stable CEO who has their mind on business not toxic, racist, edgelord stuff he posts. I mean he tanked Twitter, X, personally made it toxic to advertisers. Then double down and try and sue advertisers for not advertising with him.

Honestly these recent tweets should be evidence against his court cases. Why should brands have any expectation to tie their names to this nonsense?

In hindsight, perhaps his mescaline+ fuelled "feck you all advertisers" interview was not the mark of a genius all you caftards thought it was at the time.

In hindsight, perhaps his mescaline+ fuelled "feck you all advertisers" interview was not the mark of a genius all you caftards thought it was at the time.
It’s going to be hilarious laughing at all the people you quote that said this

sad-elon-musk-scaled.jpg

Who was it on this forum that tried to argue he’s a polymath?
Fecker is fecking dumb.

He probably didn't realize (and maybe still doesn't) that many people despise him. I'm sure he convinced himself that it was just the media elites that were against him, but that he had the backing of the people. But more and more I hear from people that are not that online or pay that much attention, that they think he's a lunatic. The public perception of him has nosedived over the last 3 years or so.

He probably didn't realize (and maybe still doesn't) that many people despise him. I'm sure he convinced himself that it was just the media elites that were against him, but that he had the backing of the people. But more and more I hear from people that are not that online or pay that much attention, that they think he's a lunatic. The public perception of him has nosedived over the last 3 years or so.

Yup, it's a far cry from his guest appearance in the Big Bang Theory you might say :p

I had an ex who wouldn’t shut up about him being a genius back in 2010

I dodged a bullet there
A lot of people seemed to be utterly in love with him for a long time. "Hurrhurr funny billionaire dude posts memes and snarky comments all day, smokes weed and behaves like a dick to 'the establishment', he's one of us!"
Really weird cult of personality he had (and in some cases still has) going on.

His public image only really started shifting widely with the 2018 cave rescue incident in Thailand. He'll demonstrate the viability of a cave diving rescue via his miniature submarine any day now, just you wait!

A lot of people seemed to be utterly in love with him for a long time. "Hurrhurr funny billionaire dude posts memes and snarky comments all day, smokes weed and behaves like a dick to 'the establishment', he's one of us!"
Really weird cult of personality he had (and in some cases still has) going on.

His public image only really started shifting widely with the 2018 cave rescue incident in Thailand. He'll demonstrate the viability of a cave diving rescue via his miniature submarine any day now, just you wait!
I had a leaning positivity view while he was doing his thing and shut up. What was not to like of a dude that was pushing an EV revolution and space solution and he planned grand things like solving flint's water problem, self driving cars before 2020 and going go mars in 2024 to start founding a colony of 1 million people. Sure an exageration but shoot for the stars.... later on we found out he was lying through his teeth

He was saying all that while shuting up in everything else. As you said, the thai cave and a old video of him in his 20s reciving a delivery of a mclaren sounding like a...musk... started the "something is off..."