Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

The part that makes this crazy is that Bernard Arhault increased his net worth by 384 million dollars but that was only a 0.21% increase

Poor guy, inflation is eating his hard earned savings despite growing 0.21%

I suppose that's one way to get around the criticism of your working from home policy. Make your employees live in the office! :rolleyes:

Anyone seen that some of the old blue tick people now have a snotty new tagline saying that they are a legacy verified account which "may or may not be notable"?

As a lefty I can't stand seeing right wing shit in my feed and I am not at all a Musk fan but I am a little amused that we speak so often of social media being an echo chamber and in online debates we love to throw it in the other persons face that their world view is wrong because all they ever see is carefully curated news to suit their world view but now we're seeing the opposite side in our feeds we're like 'what the feck is this, sort it out.'

As a lefty I can't stand seeing right wing shit in my feed and I am not at all a Musk fan but I am a little amused that we speak so often of social media being an echo chamber and in online debates we love to throw it in the other persons face that their world view is wrong because all they ever see is carefully curated news to suit their world view but now we're seeing the opposite side in our feeds we're like 'what the feck is this, sort it out.'
The issue is that as far as I’m aware, left wing tweets are not being amplified into right wing bubbles in the same way.

The issue is that as far as I’m aware, left wing tweets are not being amplified into right wing bubbles in the same way.

True, but two wrongs don't make a right and we lefties are supposed to take the moral high ground. I don't care either way I very rarely use Twitter I just found it amusing at a conceptual level because most of the opposition I've seen hasn't been about it not being balanced, but simply about seeing it in the first place which is kinda what we've been saying the whole time was the problem with social media that you didn't see that stuff. I have no idea if the same is true for right wing bubbles as I don't use Twitter enough, who are the Caf resident nazi's that we can tag to confirm

To be fair my timeline is just full of people saying that Paramore’s new song sounds like it belongs on a late 00’s FIFA soundtrack and that it’s great

So Twitter attempted to reduced visibility (instead of out right banning) a couple of accounts spreading disinformation during a worldwide pandemic?

That's me convinced! Pulitzer price locked in for this earth shattering piece of investigative journalism.

So Twitter attempted to reduced visibility (instead of out right banning) a couple of accounts spreading disinformation during a worldwide pandemic?

That's me convinced! Pulitzer price locked in for this earth shattering piece of investigative journalism.
Elon:

Freedom of speech doesn’t mean freedom of reach. Negativity should & will get less reach than positivity.

So I have no idea what he's trying to do with these twitter files. The first drop proved attempts to stop the posting of dick pics and he wants to use the platform to "shadowban negativity" via twitter tools.

What was the point of all this beyond trying to Curry the favour of right wingers?

First actual good idea he’s had. Maybe I can get my actual handle finally.

Ocasio is marrying soon and her boyfriend would be the Fury to Musk’s Chisora, so no good.

I must be too thick to understand what that means. Genuinely don't have a clue.

So sometimes you can't have a certain username because it's taken, but that account hasn't been active since 2009. So it is just clearing inactive accounts to free up usernames.

The fact they're only focusing on the "left wing" bias on this is what makes the entire thing seem so crap.

Did you know your life can be significantly better in just one easy step?

Do. Not. Read. Twitter.

The end.

After yesterdays released Twitter Files do most on here still think this is a “nothing burger”? It looks like a double beef cheeseburger with bacon and pickles to me.

Have you gone through them? Yoel Roth especially was on a crusade to limit reach and censor Trump and other right wing folks including the actor James Wood. Yoel himself met with the FBI and DHS weekly and those meetings were often followed with actions taking against tweets from the right specifically. Unlike last time around that the excuse was Twitter was just doing their job to protect themselves legally, that excuse can no longer be used as this shows a concerted effort to censor.

The idea that anyone should be scandalized about Twitter "censoring right-wing folk" when anyone can plainly see that Musk bans anyone that little right-wing sewer rats tell him to ban is laughable. It's like releasing a scandalous report about "racial bias at Twitter" while having the n-word tattooed on your forehead.

Have you gone through them? Yoel Roth especially was on a crusade to limit reach and censor Trump and other right wing folks including the actor James Wood. Yoel himself met with the FBI and DHS weekly and those meetings were often followed with actions taking against tweets from the right specifically. Unlike last time around that the excuse was Twitter was just doing their job to protect themselves legally, that excuse can no longer be used as this shows a concerted effort to censor.
So there’s nothing still. Got it.

Do you have a source for this?