Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

It’s time to gooooooo… to Mars :lol:

imagine the whole house of cards comes down because a rich guy cosplaying a 4chan memelord wanted to look cool to right wingers? Just imagine being in SpaceX right now and watching this self-combustion.

Probably the only good thing to come out of all this is that SpaceX is being left alone.

Could honestly see the Tesla board ousting him at some point

taking on Apple now just goes to show he’s become a massive liability for his companies

One of those people that knows about every buzzword and concept that is on trend on the internet but knows absolutely nothing about what they actually mean.

Could honestly see the Tesla board ousting him at some point

taking on Apple now just goes to show he’s become a massive liability for his companies

Yep.

He holds about 17% of the stock. If this curve keeps going, they will need to oust him to protect the value of the company.
rhsycam.png

:lol: Wow, hes clutching his pearls real hard these days isn't he?

Are all billionares these days flaming narcissists? It's like he can't even fathom that this whole twitter fiasco was a terrible fecking idea from the start. Like what did he expect? That the whole world would fall in line and kiss his arse becuse he sees himself as some free speech trailblazer?

Aren't his outbursts almost single handedly keeping Twitter afloat right now? Must be getting so much traffic waiting for his next 'misguided outburst'.

Aren't his outbursts almost single handedly keeping Twitter afloat right now? Must be getting so much traffic waiting for his next 'misguided outburst'.

Presumably this is true to some degree but it depends what damage each misguided outburst is doing as well. If traffic were all that mattered YouTube, Facebook, Instagram etc wouldn't be riddled with adverts.

Pretty pleased after seeing Trump and now Musk that I'm not leaving my kids a fortune...

(silver linings and all that)

maybe in terms of usage, not in terms of advertisers though. i think there's about 100 major brands who have ceased advertising. he's fecked if he can't increase revenues.

Yep.

He holds about 17% of the stock. If this curve keeps going, they will need to oust him to protect the value of the company.
rhsycam.png

Incredible. But not surprising. I wouldn't buy a Tesla even if they were any good just because of that guy.

i wonder if he put a lot of stock in Trump coming back? He went pretty big on the "twitter is tempting you" memeshit and just nothing from his Orange friend. Now add in apple war and maybe he's gone manic?

maybe in terms of usage, not in terms of advertisers though. i think there's about 100 major brands who have ceased advertising. he's fecked if he can't increase revenues.

I can't remember where I read it (probably this thread, to be honest), but I read that half of their biggest advertisers have left them.

I can't remember where I read it (probably this thread, to be honest), but I read that half of their biggest advertisers have left them.

yeah think i read the same thing. hopefully they stay away. there's no way he will make up the difference through his subscription model. only a small minority of people will ever pay for twitter blue, he just doesn't realise, or want to realise it yet.

It's so funny to see him elevate his little app project to something fundamental for the future of civilization. Also, he shows a total misunderstanding about what freedom of speech means in the context of the 1st Amendment in the US. The 1st amendment specifically prevents the government from restricting free speech, so who a private company allows on their platform based on their Terms of Service really has nothing to do with free speech.

The minds of these people are positively pickled

The minds of these people are positively pickled

What the feck? Do people actually think that new company / phone would cost nothing or that it would magically replace Apple in the market in an instant? The alpha beta chads are a different breed.

He seems to have fundamentally misunderstood what Twitter is (which is surprising for a person that has just paid a fortune for it). Twitter is not the public square and the future of twitter (or lack thereof) is not a free speech concern. Twitter is a private company, Elon.

What the feck? Do people actually think that new company / phone would cost nothing or that it would magically replace Apple in the market in an instant? The alpha beta chads are a different breed.
Exactly! Some of the comments are really delusional, Tesla engineers are all Shield engineers and Musk is some real life version Tony Stark that can easily 'Jarvis' anything overnight.

There is a huge cost to building up an ecosystem with ready to go apps. Then there is this tons of license and patents fees that you need to pay to Apple, Samsung, Google god knows how many others. He certainly can do it, but at what cost?

I really do not understand this free speech argument. How is pulling out ad money = not supporting free speech. And pulling an app because it broke TC means end of civilisation?

These days I have to constantly remind myself, what i see in twitter does not reflect real life. It is one crazy bubble and if you get stuck in too long, you can really start to despair.

Exactly! Some of the comments are really delusional, Tesla engineers are all Shield engineers and Musk is some real life version Tony Stark that can easily 'Jarvis' anything overnight.

There is a huge cost to building up an ecosystem with ready to go apps. Then there is this tons of license and patents fees that you need to pay to Apple, Samsung, Google god knows how many others. He certainly can do it, but at what cost?

I really do not understand this free speech argument. How is pulling out ad money = not supporting free speech. And pulling an app because it broke TC means end of civilisation?

These days I have to constantly remind myself, what i see in twitter does not reflect real life. It is one crazy bubble and if you get stuck in too long, you can really start to despair.
It's always the same thing with people who are the loudest about free speech, once you disagree with them, they will claim you are violating their freedom of speech. They don't care about actual free speech, they only care about their own "truths" and the ability to spread them unchallenged.

Oh that's not logic. He's pandering to a certain audience and media. Playing to his moronic audience.

It's always the same thing with people who are the loudest about free speech, once you disagree with them, they will claim you are violating their freedom of speech. They don't care about actual free speech, they only care about their own "truths" and the ability to spread them unchallenged.
Yes, a bit like those religious extremists back in the middle ages.

Oh that's not logic. He's pandering to a certain audience and media. Playing to his moronic audience.
Thats the weird thing. Unlike Trump he's not running for anything, and his own base already idolize him, why keep doing things to please them while further alienating everyone else? At this point he's become their tool, and it shows. There are probably many conservatives who actually still dislike him and think he's a degenerate etc, but they're just using him because like Trump he's a very effective tool against the left.

"Storm chaser" :lol:

Why are these people so invested in Elon succeeding? It's bizarre. "It would be so insane if a billionaire amassed even more wealth!".
Same reason they donate money they probably should be using for their own savings accounts or families to rich people. Thinking it would "own the libs". Those people that donated to fake Build the Wall scams. Morons, but they think they are contributing to 'owning' "enemies".

The comments on that tweet. :lol: This is all a massive parody or they are living inside a collective delusional fanfic.

Oh they're definitely all 100% serious. Elon Musk fandom has always been by far the cringiest, most embarrassing fandom out there. And while we've had people in this very thread who have left it, those who remain have become even worse.