Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

I'd imagine a phone built by someone with zero experience designing phones made two years ago would be slightly out of date.
Ha! Doubt it. A secret phone would clearly only be secret all this time because it's technology is far more advanced than anything we've ever seen.

He bought it to kill it, it's the only thing that makes sense to me. Bunch of corrupt/dictator types clubbed together and decided they didn't want Twitter around any more. There's plenty ways Musk can be repaid outside of the public eye.

He bought it to kill it, it's the only thing that makes sense to me. Bunch of corrupt/dictator types clubbed together and decided they didn't want Twitter around any more. There's plenty ways Musk can be repaid outside of the public eye.

how does buying a multibillion company to kill it make any sense to you?

he’s just a tit

The minds of these people are positively pickled

Anyone who thinks this is even remotely realistic, like even 0.0001% realistic, should read up on Bezos' Fire Phone expeditions. He was certain that was going to be Amazon's biggest money spinner since AWS and it flopped so badly that it did not even last 2 years IIRC.

how does buying a multibillion company to kill it make any sense to you?

he’s just a tit

Major social media platforms literally have the power to decide elections, all over the world. They also aid the spread of information that countries whom don't have elections, don't want to be spread. Twitter in general is/was one of, if not the most progressively moderated of them. Of course there is still loads of shit on it, but less so than facebook for example.

I'm imagining there are some very rich cnuts out there that would rather it didn't exist. Its very popular in Saudi for example, that presents a problem for the leadership of a country still living in the dark ages.

What an utterly unimitigated douchebag. Overgrown manchild who is clearly so broken somehow that he thinks being the personification of an online troll is a good way to ruin his legacy.

I've been thinking about this as well. Granted he's always come across as an idiot and far from the Tony Stark that people try to make him out to be, but this Twitter tenure has been handled so spectacularly bad in so many ways that I can't help but think it was deliberate and done to kill Twitter. As much as people (especially on here) like to moan about Twitter being the worst thing to ever exist, it does a lot of good for a lot of people and has done for a long time.

Major social media platforms literally have the power to decide elections, all over the world. They also aid the spread of information that countries whom don't have elections, don't want to be spread. Twitter in general is/was one of, if not the most progressively moderated of them. Of course there is still loads of shit on it, but less so than facebook for example.

I'm imagining there are some very rich cnuts out there that would rather it didn't exist. Its very popular in Saudi for example, that presents a problem for the leadership of a country still living in the dark ages.

okay but how is this logistically panning out in your head?

musk drops 40bn on twitter, crashes the Tesla price and burns his entire rep and… some rich cnuts make it up to him somehow?

their newest ads are getting past browser ublock...so the engineers have been busy!

Never attribute malice which can adequately be explained by stupidity

okay but how is this logistically panning out in your head?

musk drops 40bn on twitter, crashes the Tesla price and burns his entire rep and… some rich cnuts make it up to him somehow?

Feck knows really, could have a gun to his head for all we know. He's not the richest man in the world, just the richest that files tax returns. He'll be woefully out of his depth if he's got involved with the wrong people.

Feck knows really, could have a gun to his head for all we know. He's not the richest man in the world, just the richest that files tax returns. He'll be woefully out of his depth if he's got involved with the wrong people.
I'd apply Occam's Razor. He's just out of his depth for being an idiot. Makes more sense based on all we know about him.

Not far fetched at all. Obvious, in fact. Always find it mad how people on Twitter rush to pile on someone without doing even the most basic of research. Instead of taking 5 seconds to read the tweet being responded to, they’ll spend 5 minutes screen grabbing to craft their “gotcha” tweet. So weird.

The medium's success is built on its short form, non researched hot takes fit!

It failed spectacularly to decide a crucial election about 2 weeks ago tough.

It's amazing that in the country with the best universities, people are confusing/equatating free speech with fake news and Marxism with capitalism.

It's amazing that in the country with the best universities, people are confusing/equatating free speech with fake news and Marxism with capitalism.
It feels like words simply have no meaning anymore. Accepted terms with decades or even centuries of history, essays, debate, facts, opinions, etc behind them can now be used to mean pretty much anything you want. Nothing needs to have any basis in reality anymore.

he’s been doing dumb shit like this for years..

he got in trouble with the SEC for saying dumb shit, he got in trouble for calling a guy a pedo.. all that’s happening now is a continuation of the norm

he’s been doing dumb shit like this for years..

he got in trouble with the SEC for saying dumb shit, he got in trouble for calling a guy a pedo.. all that’s happening now is a continuation of the norm
pretty sure he got away with that one - guy tried to sue him and lost
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50695593
Alex Spiro, Mr Musk's lawyer, argued that the "pedo guy" tweet was an offhand comment made in the course of an argument between the two men, which no-one could be expected to take seriously.

It feels like words simply have no meaning anymore. Accepted terms with decades or even centuries of history, essays, debate, facts, opinions, etc behind them can now be used to mean pretty much anything you want. Nothing needs to have any basis in reality anymore.
May I interest you in the Hypernormalisation thread at this trying time?

May I interest you in the Hypernormalisation thread at this trying time?
I accidentally got into the thread couple of days ago. Even more depressed. There is no room for sensible discussion when even the words you use can mean different things to different people.

On a side note, can't understand why every BBC documentary looks and feel like its made in the 1970s. Did they no update their equipments on was it intentionally done this way.

I accidentally got into the thread couple of days ago. Even more depressed. There is no room for sensible discussion when even the words you use can mean different things to different people.

On a side note, can't understand why every BBC documentary looks and feel like its made in the 1970s. Did they no update their equipments on was it intentionally done this way.
:lol: - well they didn't have the latest tech I suppose.

The minds of these people are positively pickled

No one will care if he makes a phone, nor will they buy it because it will have no app store or device ecosystem to support it. It will probably look as cool as the Tesla Model Y

I have no idea, but I assume he's trolling Apple. Poorly of course, but trolling.

Aren’t the shadows in the water just him taking this video and a man with the hair and the glasses of Cook?