Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

No way that study got by IACUC review, not that it would matter to anyone.

I wonder if there's any oversight, since it's not a university, and they probably don't care about peer-reviewed publishing.

Interesting that he’s not backed it up with the metrics he’s using.

Interesting that he’s not backed it up with the metrics he’s using.

Apparently basing it off downloads and "activity".

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social...owth-tweet-bankruptcy-shutting-down-rcna59051

But, it sounds like people are downloading for the drama, or to see how racist, etc they can get away with being now. And that ultimately wont hold up as long as advertisers shy away from the cesspool. Ads pay the bills downloads do not. And if you switch to a pay model it will fail.

Quite weird for someone to spend 44 billion on what seems to be deplatforming the left on one social media stie. Burning the wider site and investment to the ground being of little concern is just such a bizarre situation to me.

Quite weird for someone to spend 44 billion on what seems to be deplatforming the left on one social media stie. Burning the wider site and investment to the ground being of little concern is just such a bizarre situation to me.

But he didn't ban, or deplatform, anyone. They are all still on Twitter, and they are all still posting daily.

One example, just a few minutes ago:

In other news... (the chip will be able to tweet without using a phone!... joke! )

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/dec/01/elon-musk-brain-chip-human-trials-nueralink

Musk says brain chip to begin human trials soon – and plans to get one himself

World’s richest man says human trials will begin within six months during presentation at health tech company Neuralink
Will never happen, he'll never get one and if (huge if) they put one in a human, he'll go to prison.

AOC not being banned from twitter is not an argument against the left being deplatformed.
Especially since 57% of the reason he bought Twitter was to get her attention. Like a teenage boy who does something stupid thinking it will impress a girl....but 44 billion times more stupid.

Bernie, hasn't been deplatformed. He is tweeting right now! Who has been deplatformed???

Sorry, but I haven't heard about any of these people before. Who is Chad Loder? And they are saying that he was suspended because he reported now a Tweeter data breach from 2021, while providing zero evidence? Did you know Chad Loder before? Is he reliable?
Does it matter if you have heard of them before? That’s the key metric?

Does it matter if you have heard of them before? That’s the key metric?

For me, yes it is. Do you believe people you have never heard before? Usually, I don't. Random guys are getting banned on Twitter, on facebook, on redcafe, everyday.

I am following, Bernie, AOC, Warren... All of them are tweeting as usual. I did not read any of them complaining about "deplatforming the left".

For me, yes it is. Do you believe people you have never heard before? Usually, I don't. Random guys are getting banned on Twitter, on facebook, on redcafe, everyday.

I am following, Bernie, AOC, Warren... All of them are tweeting as usual. I did not read any of them complaining about "deplatforming the left".

Temper the narcissism a bit. There are more leftists out there than just US politicians.

I typed in ‘leftists deplatformed on Twitter’ into Google & these were the first two responses. There’s probably many more. Take a peek for yourself.

Temper the narcissism a bit. There are more leftists out there than just US politicians.

I typed in ‘leftists deplatformed on Twitter’ into Google & these were the first two responses. There’s probably many more. Take a peek for yourself.

What do you mean "narcissism"? That I know nothing about Chad Loder, so I don't consider this a case of "deplatforming the left"? The news you posted is about his claim of Tweeter data breach in 2021!

I actively follow lots of politicians and news outlets such as Bernie, Warren, AOC, CNN, Jim Acosta just to name a small few.. I do not follow any right wing accounts except Trump.

I haven't seen a single Tweet from any of the accounts I follow in the top half of my Twitter feed for weeks now.

Here are the first 5 Tweets I see in my feed.

Followed by Bobo, Musk and other right wing loons...

I have to search to find any from Biden or anyone else I follow.

I actively follow lots of politicians and news outlets such as Bernie, Warren, AOC, CNN, Jim Acosta just to name a small few.. I do not follow any right wing accounts except Trump.

I haven't seen a single Tweet from any of the accounts I follow in the top half of my Twitter feed for weeks now.

Getting the exact same thing.

What do you mean "narcissism"? That I know nothing about Chad Loder, so I don't consider this a case of "deplatforming the left"? The news you posted is about his claim of Tweeter data breach in 2021!
Righto. Silly me. No deplatforming whatsoever since individual, well known politicians haven’t been silenced.

Don’t know what I was thinking.

Righto. Silly me. No deplatforming whatsoever since individual, well known politicians haven’t been silenced.

Don’t know what I was thinking.

But you did not have any answer what "deplatforming the left" means, so you just googled it and you posted two random links! And on top of that you added "narcissism"!

But you did not have any answer what "deplatforming the left" means, so you just googled it and you posted two random links! And on top of that you added "narcissism"!
Gave you three examples, they didn’t rise to your lofty standards of deplatforming as they were just laypeople, so here we are.

Hence the ‘narcissism’ add.

It is not that the AOC, Bernie, Warren have not been silenced.

It is that they don't complain or mention this "deplatforming the left". They continue using Twitter as usual.

I am just saying that for me to believe that "deplatforming the left" is a real thing, I need some kind of proof, perhaps someone I know about (like Bernie, AOC, Warren) has to talk about it.

Edit: I don't consider "proof" random links on google for people I know nothing about.

Guaranteed for me is that within the first 3 tweets in my feed is someone I've never heard of with an $8 tick kissing Elon's arse and saying how he's a hero bringing back free speech. It's a joke at the moment.

It must be a settings thing because I still only see people I follow, but I have only ever seen those anyways. I did notice that "for some reason" in my privact settings the "Share Data with Partners" was magically checked. Weird since I am 1000000000% sure I disabled that when I joined and rechecked it a few weeks ago.

Guaranteed for me is that within the first 3 tweets in my feed is someone I've never heard of with an $8 tick kissing Elon's arse and saying how he's a hero bringing back free speech. It's a joke at the moment.

It should tell you why you're seeing those tweets, if you're not following them. My Twitter feed seems to work normally.

Same here.
It's been a dramatic and inexplicable change that has to be very deliberate.
The top for my feed is now constantly full of horrible people and awful takes.

Musk is so so so high up on the list of people with incredibly punchable faces. He could save Twitter by a pay per view of Mike Tyson decking him. I’d pay.

I never liked any of musk's tweets but everytime I log in, one of his latest tweets is at the top

I recommend the 'tweak new twitter' extension if you want to filter out the crap.