Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

Controversial opinion but why not let them decide whether to come in or not, seeing as we're talking about professionals who can make reasonably mature decisions for themselves?

That's not a controversial opinion when you know the amount of focus you need when reviewing or drafting a complex contract involved in a 30 million euros deal.

That being said, my post was in no way an endorsement of Musk's ridiculous condescending policy and you can obviously let your employees decide. I just meant that some fields don't allow you to work from home in any circumstances when there's kids present.

The same colleagues I mentionned still WFH maybe half the time and it's totally fine. And when they decide they need to focus a bit more, they just come the office without the need of having a stupid boss telling them they need to.

Or a shifter to allow you to select neutral to disengage a transmission?
I’m not familiar with teslas but all automatics have neutral, don’t they?

I’ve only ever had manuals but the idea of not having a handbrake in a car is ridiculous to me.

Not many modern cars do. They have switches or buttons to trigger an electric handbrake. I’m not sure that’s progress. Feels a lot safer to have a big ol’ lever you can yank on.

there’s some things that aren’t progress and getting rid of a handbrake is one of them. It’s so easy just to yank it up as opposed to fiddling around to press a button.

To be fair she was asking for it. Criticize your boss (being right or wrong) online this way and see what happens.

Elon is a cnut, but that was stupid.... specially bc lon is a cnut

It's ridiculous to suggest that anyone working as part of a team can do it, in my opinion. I completely understand that it solves problems for the parents themselves in terms of childcare costs etc., and that's why they think it's great, but there is a noticeable difference in a team environment when you have team members doing it(people constantly away from their desks during 'normal' working hours). It creates frustration in a collaborative environment, in my experience.

It was unavoidable during Covid for a lot of people, but I really don't think it's a feasible strategy long term. If everyone was in the exact same situation, then maybe there could be a solution based on redefining common work hours, but when the majority of the work force either don't have kids, or have kids that don't need constant minding, I don't see how it works.

And this is why the birth rate is falling in most western countries (excluding immigration). The simple fact is that a society needs to accommodate more than just direct working productivity, we're not robots. And even just from a pure macro-economic perspective you need consumers so you need kids. People shouldn't be punished for having them - having them or not having them is a perfectly reasonable choice at both a societal and personal level and if that simple fact isn't recognised then life will be shitter for all of us.

lrgq9dxg4kz91.jpg

To be fair she was asking for it. Criticize your boss (being right or wrong) online this way and see what happens.

When your boss starts throwing his employees publicly under the bus for his idiotic decisions there are rarely any good outcomes.

More than 20 fired in the background but that was just an irresistible opportunity for a high profile witty one liner

I'm just laughing at the suggestion that Musk is a free-speech absolutist and has bought Twitter to give power to the people. The guy is a 4chan merchant and could easily be one of the gamergate idiots.

The Elon-Twitter meltdown is funny, but not as funny as people saying working at home with young children is super easy, barely an inconvenience.
Nice to know I'm not losing my mind :lol:

When your boss starts throwing his employees publicly under the bus for his idiotic decisions there are rarely any good outcomes.

Oh absolutely agree and se had every right to shitpost him, but yeah. Youll lose your job and you know it. And probably without compensation

The Elon-Twitter meltdown is funny, but not as funny as people saying working at home with young children is super easy, barely an inconvenience.

I dont have kids but 2 hours of my nephews in my free time and i would jump from a bridge

I swear elon must be shorting twitter stock. No one tanks a IPO they just bought this hard and fast.

To be fair he was asking for it. Criticising the systems that he didn't understand online, then fires people for pointing it out.

i was confused at first, but he's 100% sam rothstein with a bit of the joe pesci character mixed in, rather than charles foster kane.

As a recruiter, my job is so easy that I have my 3 year old do it for me while I browse the caf in my boss's time. He has all the social skills most of these coding nerds I recruit have anyway.

To be fair he was asking for it. Criticising the systems that he didn't understand online, then fires people for pointing it out.

Agree, he was asking for it. Like the times a cuntiss boss/manager was asking for something similar, but I would not say this things and this tone if I am not looking to get fired. I am happy that I don't think she will have much problems to find a job and Elon will still be the clown of his own party that he organized and paid 44 bn