Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

It's probably instinct at this point. Think about most meetings he attends at one of his companies.

"Ok Elon, so - do you think you'll understand everything I'm about to say?"
"Yeah, no problem I'm an expert in finance, cars, batteries, rockets, big drills and computers despite finding time to smoke dope with radio hosts and tweet memes."
"Right.... So the reverse ionisation caused by temporary flux capacitation..."
"Great movie."
:lol:

The latest rant about the Android app and '1200 RPC call' strikes so close to home. I'm in software engineering, about 5 years ago I was a senior director at a US company (with a UK presence) and we got a new VP of engineering. He clearly wanted to find problems to get excuses to can people. Someone who wanted to brown nose would make some crap up, or equally don't know what they're talking about so spout some b.s., and the new VP would latch onto it exactly the same way Musk has here. He clearly has no clue what he's talking about and is suffering a strong case of Dunning-Kruger.

In the case here Musk claimed the Android app made 1200 serial RPC requests to render the timeline. There's so much clearly wrong with this. Firstly its not RPC, Twitter uses GraphQL over HTTP and it was pointed out by the Android developers immediately that there is a single GraphQL query that then performed around 1000 internal queries against microservices to aggregate the result, but this all happens concurrently. Musk wasn't having any of it, so his next response was:

And guess what, 2FA stopped working because they killed the microservice(s) that ran it. He's a complete fraud.

And guess what, 2FA stopped working because they killed the microservice(s) that ran it. He's a complete fraud.

Yup, I was doing an archive download, it demanded a SMS pin, but kept sending me error messages once I requested one.

If it wasn't clear earlier, it is now. The man has an extremely superficial understanding of tech and is getting exposed for it on a global platform.

His strengths were ambitious ideas + good PR/branding + luck out with good tech teams. He's nullifying all of that at Twitter; the cult following, unfortunately, is here to stay.

If it wasn't clear earlier, it is now. The man has an extremely superficial understanding of tech and is getting exposed for it on a global platform.

His strengths were ambitious ideas + good PR/branding + luck out with good tech teams. He's nullifying all of that at Twitter; the cult following, unfortunately, is here to stay.
He used to post witty one liners and his fans would go nuts at his genius. Now that he's posting so often and getting involved in petty crap, his stock is dropping fast.

Also, the Elon stans that defends the fired twitter employees for standing up to Elon really think that their career is over :lol:
Twitter has (well had) one of the best tech talents in the world. Those who got fired would easily get a new job

His “strengths” are building a cult and leeching government subsidies and ideas.

And has a poor understanding of all topics with a desire to be validated as a genius. This has been known to everyone who had content expertise on the many topics Elon has talked nonsense about in the past.

eboue victory lap
samafc9-eboue.gif

Not many modern cars do. They have switches or buttons to trigger an electric handbrake. I’m not sure that’s progress. Feels a lot safer to have a big ol’ lever you can yank on.

Electronic PB allows the auto break release which is/was a step forward in driving, they are also lighter than a traditional brake. For makes up any downside, when I now drive a hire car with a traditional brake I really dislike it.

Last edited:
Electronic PB allows the auto break release which is/was a step forward in driving, they are also lighter than a traditional brake. For makes up any downside, when I now drive a hire car with a traditional brake I really dislike it.
Are you talking about hill start assist in braking here? If so, I've a car that does that, and has a traditional handbrake, I don't think the 2 are exclusive.

The latest rant about the Android app and '1200 RPC call' strikes so close to home. I'm in software engineering, about 5 years ago I was a senior director at a US company (with a UK presence) and we got a new VP of engineering. He clearly wanted to find problems to get excuses to can people. Someone who wanted to brown nose would make some crap up, or equally don't know what they're talking about so spout some b.s., and the new VP would latch onto it exactly the same way Musk has here. He clearly has no clue what he's talking about and is suffering a strong case of Dunning-Kruger.

In the case here Musk claimed the Android app made 1200 serial RPC requests to render the timeline. There's so much clearly wrong with this. Firstly its not RPC, Twitter uses GraphQL over HTTP and it was pointed out by the Android developers immediately that there is a single GraphQL query that then performed around 1000 internal queries against microservices to aggregate the result, but this all happens concurrently. Musk wasn't having any of it, so his next response was:

Thunderf00t and Common Sense Skeptic on YT have good videos on this shit. Also Plainsite/Greenspan is good

His “strengths” are building a cult and leeching government subsidies and ideas.

And has a poor understanding of all topics with a desire to be validated as a genius. This has been known to everyone who had content expertise on the many topics Elon has talked nonsense about in the past.
Just listen to him describe the hyperloop concept (a tube with a hockey table) to understand he has so little knowledge.

Spot on! Seems also that him being successful in his past endeavors (when he had really leadership roles) has made him believe that he is an expert in everything. And well, no one can really be an expert in everything, but you can make a lot of damage if you think you are and are in the position to overrule experts with half baked ideas.

I think it was already clear when he was talking about AI (at best, he has a superficial level of it when he was going in technical details). On Twitter, at this stage is not even superficial level of knowledge, more like clownish level of knowledge.

Nothing to ignite on an EV, but I assume you mean some sort of master kill switch which I don't think exists. But for sure needs to.

Yeah, that’s one requisite (among several others, almost all involving human prompt and decision) EU regulators want to see when discussing Tesla’s suitability for urban scenarios.

Yeah, that’s one requisite (among several others, almost all involving human prompt and decision) EU regulators want to see when discussing Tesla’s suitability for urban scenarios.
It's a no brainer really , but 1) it's additional cost 2) putting it there might be seen as admitting the car may be prone to serious faults. Which it obviously is, but according to Tesla its all the users fault.

I think all those taking the piss out of Musk, should keep in mind how hard - and how quickly - he's trying to sort out the problems, as this dialogue shows. And as it's pointed out at the end, he's only had two weeks so far.wt
:lol:

I think all those taking the piss out of Musk, should keep in mind how hard - and how quickly - he's trying to sort out the problems, as this dialogue shows. And as it's pointed out at the end, he's only had two weeks so far.wt

You had me in the first half, not gonna lie.

That's why you don't label successful business people as these miraculous geniuses. Their strength is in the running business and growing of the brand. The technical stuff is generally understood and done by people with greater in depth knowledge.