Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

I thought they're fanatical about lawsuit or something like that

they're absolutely bonkers but I was under the impression that it's a post-capitalistic heaven that was built for corporations to be able to completely dominate employees in every regard (grow or go policies etc.)

they're absolutely bonkers but I was under the impression that it's a post-capitalistic heaven that was built for corporations to be able to completely dominate employees in every regard (grow or go policies etc.)
Depends on the state and probably in some cases the city.

It's ridiculous to suggest that anyone working as part of a team can do it, in my opinion. I completely understand that it solves problems for the parents themselves in terms of childcare costs etc., and that's why they think it's great, but there is a noticeable difference in a team environment when you have team members doing it(people constantly away from their desks during 'normal' working hours). It creates frustration in a collaborative environment, in my experience.

It was unavoidable during Covid for a lot of people, but I really don't think it's a feasible strategy long term. If everyone was in the exact same situation, then maybe there could be a solution based on redefining common work hours, but when the majority of the work force either don't have kids, or have kids that don't need constant minding, I don't see how it works.

There is a massive difference between having say a 1 and 3-year-old at home with a single parent trying to work from home and having kids 7+ with both parents working from home.

The amount of minute-by-minute attention a 1-year-old needs and a 10-year-old is massively different. Most 10 YOs are pretty self-sufficient and just need check-ins over the course of the day whereas a 1-year-old just starting to walk needs constant monitoring so there's a huge range here of what's required. Tons of my family and friends worked from home over the pandemic with kids aged 1 to teenagers and no one was less productive and some people were more productive at their jobs. It did have a big negative impact on kids though as school definitely is better for kids of all ages than Zoom as all the teachers I know have said and test scores are now proving.

Overall though, feck any boss that wants to force coming to the office for a job that can be done 100% remotely. Personally, I'll never even consider a job again where an office is mandatory.

Depends on the state and probably in some cases the city.

most certainly, as the US is a federal hell, but I was speaking about the general sentiment, especially compared to Europe. I can remember very well how surprised Musk was when he tried to force his tesla factory in Brandenburg and realised how different things work in Germany compared to the US.

Elon Musk has told staff they must commit to a new “hardcore” Twitter or he will fire them, in an email seen by Independent.ie.

Irish staff received the email this morning, which warns them that the company will become “extremely hardcore” in the future.

“This will mean working long hours at high intensity,” he said. “Only exceptional performance will constitute a passing grade.”

Staff were told to click “yes” on a link to pledge themselves to the new company, with a commitment required from Irish staff by 10pm tomorrow. If they do not sign that pledge, they will be fired with three months pay, the email threatened.

So fecking stupid.

This sounds like something out of the 19th century. If these people aren't getting 1.5/2.0 overtime and these "extremely long hours" are purely voluntary then Musk's robber baron mentality can feck right off back to the 19th century. I can't see this working out for him. So many companies out there that offer far better work-life balance and aren't run by such a massive cnut. twitter has quickly become one of the worst places to work in the world.

I really, really hope the entire remaining work force of Twitter outright refuses that commitment, just to see if he'll actually fire everyone. No one in their right mind should commit to something like that anyway. His sycophants will probably praise him for getting rid of "lazy" devs though.
It'll be fine. He'll just go the nearest school and get a bunch of 12-13 year olds to replace them.

This sounds like something out of the 19th century. If these people aren't getting 1.5/2.0 overtime and these "extremely long hours" are purely voluntary then Musk's robber baron mentality can feck right off back to the 19th century. I can't see this working out for him. So many companies out there that offer far better work-life balance and aren't run by such a massive cnut. twitter has quickly become one of the worst places to work in the world.
That doesn't sound legal

I wouldn’t want to have to come into Twitter office in SF if I could avoid it. That area around the civic center, the city maintenance workers literally have to powerwash the shit off the streets every morning.

What I don't get is who would want to join the company and fill any vacancies left? He's hardly making it a utopia for workers

It's like he saw those Holiday Inn Express commercials a few years ago and thought: "Yep, makes sense"

There is a massive difference between having say a 1 and 3-year-old at home with a single parent trying to work from home and having kids 7+ with both parents working from home.

The amount of minute-by-minute attention a 1-year-old needs and a 10-year-old is massively different. Most 10 YOs are pretty self-sufficient and just need check-ins over the course of the day whereas a 1-year-old just starting to walk needs constant monitoring so there's a huge range here of what's required. Tons of my family and friends worked from home over the pandemic with kids aged 1 to teenagers and no one was less productive and some people were more productive at their jobs. It did have a big negative impact on kids though as school definitely is better for kids of all ages than Zoom as all the teachers I know have said and test scores are now proving.

Overall though, feck any boss that wants to force coming to the office for a job that can be done 100% remotely. Personally, I'll never even consider a job again where an office is mandatory.
Of course, I mentioned that myself in multiple posts.

Elon Musk has told staff they must commit to a new “hardcore” Twitter or he will fire them, in an email seen by Independent.ie.

Irish staff received the email this morning, which warns them that the company will become “extremely hardcore” in the future.

“This will mean working long hours at high intensity,” he said. “Only exceptional performance will constitute a passing grade.”

Staff were told to click “yes” on a link to pledge themselves to the new company, with a commitment required from Irish staff by 10pm tomorrow. If they do not sign that pledge, they will be fired with three months pay, the email threatened.

So fecking stupid.

He's really going for the brain drain here, isn't he.

Just watch Thunderf00t on YT.
Thanks! Though I don't see one so far that determines if he's really a self taught rocket engineer or not, if you know what is called (if there is one). He's clearly willing to back some really bad idea.

I doubt the claim that he's taught himself enough about rocket engineering to be, essentially, a rocket engineer himself.

Gotta be honest. It is quite easy to see what Amber Heard & Elon Musk found in each other.

Stolen off Twitter (saw it multiple places). Made me literally spit my coffee out.

FhqHJx8UAAAZo-M

:lol: Better Off Dead. What a classic.