Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

Not that I enjoy coming to Elon's defence at all but Twitter is clunky as feck. It takes so long to load when embedded elsewhere it's a joke really, they do need to find a way to make it more lightweight, it must be possible.

I'm loving the show. But the sad thing is that he will still be beyond filthy rich when the dust settles.

Not that I enjoy coming to Elon's defence at all but Twitter is clunky as feck. It takes so long to load when embedded elsewhere it's a joke really, they do need to find a way to make it more lightweight, it must be possible.

Given that they've lost half their staff, this is exactly the kind of stuff that will now take longer to fix.

Given that they've lost half their staff, this is exactly the kind of stuff that will now take longer to fix.

Yes and no. A revolutionary change could be easier with fewer developers in fairness as long as you've kept the good ones and not the more mediocre.

Yes and no. A revolutionary change could be easier with fewer developers in fairness as long as you've kept the good ones and not the more mediocre.

And Elon would know which is which, how? Because he's smart? :wenger:

Or maybe the 5-D chess level of intelligence he put into his message 'resignation accepted'? :lol:

Or maybe the 5-D chess level of intelligence he put into his message 'resignation accepted'? :lol:
I'm not sure how many more times he needs to metaphorically shit himself in public for people to get that he isn't bright. I know it destroys the myth that intelligence = worth and worth = money, subsequently crushing everyone's ideal worldview that we truly inhabit a meritocracy, where the brightest are rewarded and deserve their riches and status.

Newsflash, they very, very rarely do. Because Elon has lots of money (apparently lots of money - uses overvalued, manipulated stock prices to secure cheap lending to fund his lifestyle and has to borrow money from KSA for purchases) should be a massive red flag and indictment of the system we all live in.

If Twitter does fail I wonder if Musk will finally list SpaceX?

That's a proper company although pretty much run by Gwynne Shotwell which probably explains a lot with what we're seeing at the moment.

Huge increase of being tagged by crypto bots, huge increase in fake profiles trying to follow me.

Amazing.
Maybe the cracks are already starting to appear.

I admit I do think it's funny when the Twitter fact check bots (presumably it's automatic?) add disclaimers to Musk's posts. Maybe the remaining workforce are now timesharing between making/unmaking his current pet features (to blue or not to blue, and finding ways to make content generators pay him) - I always love seeing feature updates being rolled out untested to millions of people overnight.

One thing I don't really get in these scenarios, were these people looking after their children all day during their work day?

Yes. It’s completely normal and should be the target of a well functioning society.

I just don’t get takes like this.

Do people really believe that Twitter is ran out of a shed? They invariably have the best in the industry doing this shit. They grew at a pace and scale that would have required band aids, sure.

But the idea that a complete rookie can come in, make business decisions in a space he knows the square root of feck all about… lay people off, and make it better…. It’s abject fantasy.

Zero companies attempt that. Or achieve it. ZERO. Because it’s absolutely insane. They have the best people. They have brilliant minds doing their job well. There’s not a massive untapped talent pool that’s just waiting to be asked ‘Ever considered a job in Cyber’

Of course you can change strategy, direction, improve some things. But sweeping high-impact changes in the space they’re already operating in… not happening.

Yes. It’s completely normal and should be the target of a well functioning society.
I don't really understand how you can work a job and look after your children at the same time, personally. The scenario you talk about would create a massive burden on employees without children.

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, he clearly hasn't got a well thought through plan for how to improve the efficiency of his workforce, I'm just saying that in theory with coding a smaller workforce can be more agile and effective.

It's a shame really what's happening to him though, I think he's more or less having a breakdown in public and becoming a weird mini-Trump. Or doing a Kanye as it's otherwise known. But unlike Kanye he has actually contributed something worthwhile to the world in the past, whether by luck or judgement.

Maybe the cracks are already starting to appear.

I admit I do think it's funny when the Twitter fact check bots (presumably it's automatic?) add disclaimers to Musk's posts. Maybe the remaining workforce are now timesharing between making/unmaking his current pet features (to blue or not to blue, and finding ways to make content generators pay him) - I always love seeing feature updates being rolled out untested to millions of people overnight.

I think the cracks are well and truly formed. He is either destroying it deliberately (I don't think so) or he is truly this stupid (I think so)

He's such a trier...

It's probably instinct at this point. Think about most meetings he attends at one of his companies.

"Ok Elon, so - do you think you'll understand everything I'm about to say?"
"Yeah, no problem I'm an expert in finance, cars, batteries, rockets, big drills and computers despite finding time to smoke dope with radio hosts and tweet memes."
"Right.... So the reverse ionisation caused by temporary flux capacitation..."
"Great movie."

If Twitter does fail I wonder if Musk will finally list SpaceX?

That's a proper company although pretty much run by Gwynne Shotwell which probably explains a lot with what we're seeing at the moment.
Listing it will be a disaster, while it will raise money for Musk to waste on pointless rocket launches, he'll promise interstellar travel every year until the company goes bust or he sends 12 civilians to their death 120,000ft above the surface of the earth.

Live footage of Tesla's journey to bankruptcy

Reuters article about the incident.

Tesla said videos showed that the car's brake lights were not on when the car was speeding and that its data showed issues such as there being no action to step on the brakes throughout the vehicle's journey.

I guess a major problem here, is that Tesla is not incentivized to give correct information, if the problem was with the car.

Tesla has faced claims of brake failure in China before.

In its statement to Reuters, the company said a Chinese car owner had been ordered by a court to publicly apologise and compensate the firm after it ruled that comments he had made to the media about issues with his brakes were inconsistent with the facts and had harmed Tesla's reputation.

It's terrifying that a company can force a customer to apologize after a complaint about a product. Reflects terribly on both Tesla and China.

I guess a major problem here, is that Tesla is not incentivized to give correct information, if the problem was with the car.

It's terrifying that a company can force a customer to apologize after a complaint about a product. Reflects terribly on both Tesla and China.
Apparently user error but with Tesla rarely ever know.

It's probably instinct at this point. Think about most meetings he attends at one of his companies.

"Ok Elon, so - do you think you'll understand everything I'm about to say?"
"Yeah, no problem I'm an expert in finance, cars, batteries, rockets, big drills and computers despite finding time to smoke dope with radio hosts and tweet memes."
"Right.... So the reverse ionisation caused by temporary flux capacitation..."
"Great movie."
The flux capacitor is what makes time travel possible.

Can Elon go back and stop himself from buying Twitter?

Tesla's are different to other electric cars in how the brakes operate I think. If you take your foot off the accelerator in a Tesla (model S at least), the regenerative braking will (should) bring the car to a complete stop. I believe other electric cars require you to physically press the brake pedal in addition to any regenerative braking they might have, like a normal automatic.

Don’t Tesla’s have a good old handbrake, that could’ve stopped the car immediately.