Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

One thing I don't really get in these scenarios, were these people looking after their children all day during their work day?

Everyone's circumstances are different though, and doesn't necessarily mean all day. A colleague of mine starts work at around 5 am most days and finishes early so she can look after the children when school finishes. No loss to our company, but if she had to come into the office, that option is gone and she needs child care. I imagine she would be pissed too, having taken the role during lockdown and being told wfh was the new normal.

Huge increase in ads this morning. One in every four Tweets on my timeline is an advert

Huge increase in ads this morning. One in every four Tweets on my timeline is an advert

I block any promoted tweet I see. I think I’m at over 5000 now so some of the ads I get are weird.

Everyone's circumstances are different though, and doesn't necessarily mean all day. A colleague of mine starts work at around 5 am most days and finishes early so she can look after the children when school finishes. No loss to our company, but if she had to come into the office, that option is gone and she needs child care. I imagine she would be pissed too, having taken the role during lockdown and being told wfh was the new normal.
I understand edges cases like that, but that isn't what is usually happening.

Why not? If your kid is one or two years old, they are sleeping most of the time, if you are in the same room you do not need to do much. Feed them, clean them, it takes a few minutes.
Bwahahahahahahahahaha.

Sorry.

Bwahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

I understand edges cases like that, but that isn't what is usually happening.

Isn't it? I can't say as I am unsure about research etc looking into it. I know a few people who's lives changed due to wfh, but none of them full time look after kids while also working.

Why not? If your kid is one or two years old, they are sleeping most of the time, if you are in the same room you do not need to do much. Feed them, clean them, it takes a few minutes.
Tell me you don’t have children without telling me you don’t have children :lol:

Is it a doge? Is it a sphinx? Is that a fuse leading to its arse ?

Screenshot-20221113-160117.jpg

Bigger than all the rest for sure. Especially Google.

Facebook dwarfs every other social media outlet in terms of driving traffic via clicks. Also not sure if you mean Twitter drives more click that Google because that is absurd. There is a reason Google has about 70% share of ads when it comes to the overall web.

This notion that the previous Twitter execs were incompetent to fully monetise the platform is exaggerated. It probably could be driven to generate some profit instead of loss, by cuts to manpower expenses and ads' optimisation. But I doubt the platform as it exists today can generate similar kind of profits as other big tech companies.

Bigger than all the rest for sure. Especially Google.
Facebook dwarfs every other social media outlet in terms of driving traffic via clicks. Also not sure if you mean Twitter drives more click that Google because that is absurd. There is a reason Google has about 70% share of ads when it comes to the overall web.

This notion that the previous Twitter execs were incompetent to fully monetise the platform is exaggerated. It probably could be driven to generate some profit instead of loss, by cuts to manpower expenses and ads' optimisation. But I doubt the platform as it exists today can generate similar kind of profits as other big tech companies.

I took that post by Mike as a joke.

Obviously Twitter isn't even close to topping just social media sites, let alone things like search engines. It's absurd Musk thinks it leads the way. But that's further proof he's deliberately being a lying scumbag, or is simply showing just how inept he is once again.

Funnily enough, his cult seem a bit lost in how to defend him too.

Obviously Twitter isn't even close to topping just social media sites, let alone things like search engines. It's absurd Musk thinks it leads the way. But that's further proof he's deliberately being a lying scumbag, or is simply showing just how inept he is once again.

Funnily enough, his cult seem a bit lost in how to defend him too.

I still can't fathom why he started all this. Read somewhere that it was an attempt at pump and dump by him. Basically get the twitter stick up on the news of him buying it and then break the deal to cash in. But overall economy crashing the stock market, in combination with Twitter pursuing him to close the deal resulted in the current mess.

I still can't fathom why he started all this. Read somewhere that it was an attempt at pump and dump by him. Basically get the twitter stick up on the news of him buying it and then break the deal to cash in. But overall economy crashing the stock market, in combination with Twitter pursuing him to close the deal resulted in the current mess.

Very likely.

Obviously the biggest laugh is the absolutely inept handling after. As far as I can see, the only way to push twitter forward would be the usual stuff like paid for extra features, no ads (though that's a model that isn't sustainable for anyone, as we will eventually see with the likes of Netflix). Perhaps even attempting to copy the Wechat formula of being an all inclusive app. But the thing with any of those, is it takes away from Twitter's strength so I'm not sure any would work long term.

The weird thing though is the complete lack of regulation so far that this is showing up. In any other tech sector, trying new features that could affect so many businesses on the fly whilst breaking all sorts of rules/laws would be a huge no-no and stamped out immediately, if they could ever begin. Yet here we are with this dumbarse doing what he wants with impunity. It goes to show that nobody has any clue about how to really deal with social media, and more broadly still the internet/digital age as a whole, and any kind of rules/regulations are very much still in the infancy stage.

It was. But think about that statement from Musk, as the owner and CEO of a company, just sharing blatant lies about its performance on social media. It’s nuts. Since it’s no longer listed, I guess he won’t get in trouble for it, but it’s bizarre.

It was. But think about that statement from Musk, as the owner and CEO of a company, just sharing blatant lies about its performance on social media. It’s nuts. Since it’s no longer listed, I guess he won’t get in trouble for it, but it’s bizarre.

And people still clinging to the idea he is some hero genius trying to save the world will still be doe-eyed about him ignoring who he really is and how much he shows us that.

And people still clinging to the idea he is some hero genius trying to save the world will still be doe-eyed about him ignoring who he really is and how much he shows us that.

It’s difficult for trolls and professional disinformatia to keep Musk’s pace when the facts go so hard against the image they want to project of him. If Biden is serious with him now being under investigation for murky patronage or deals with China, he is also basically finished as a reliable business partner for the gov aka he is a rogue trader.

Have you met 2 year old kids?:lol:

It’s difficult for trolls and professional disinformatia to keep Musk’s pace when the facts go so hard against the image they want to project of him. If Biden is serious with him now being under investigation for murky patronage or deals with China, he is also basically finished as a reliable business partner for the gov aka he is a rogue trader.

Considering his background and his actions, he would surely always have been considered a rogue trader. He's been allowed a leash, now they have a problem on their hands.

This should further highlight why we shouldn't trust the rich, why we shouldn't deify them. But people do. Those who love Musk and ever thought he was some genius should really question themselves though, you got suckered by the least intelligent one of them all ffs.

If I was an engineer at twitter, I would just resign, he is going to make their lives a living hell.

Sounds like the kind of stat you should know about the company you just bought for 44 billion dollars. But hey, maybe it was an impulsive buy, right?

He bought it to look cool to his bot followers that dick slobber over anything he posts.

Very likely.

Obviously the biggest laugh is the absolutely inept handling after. As far as I can see, the only way to push twitter forward would be the usual stuff like paid for extra features, no ads (though that's a model that isn't sustainable for anyone, as we will eventually see with the likes of Netflix). Perhaps even attempting to copy the Wechat formula of being an all inclusive app. But the thing with any of those, is it takes away from Twitter's strength so I'm not sure any would work long term.

The weird thing though is the complete lack of regulation so far that this is showing up. In any other tech sector, trying new features that could affect so many businesses on the fly whilst breaking all sorts of rules/laws would be a huge no-no and stamped out immediately, if they could ever begin. Yet here we are with this dumbarse doing what he wants with impunity. It goes to show that nobody has any clue about how to really deal with social media, and more broadly still the internet/digital age as a whole, and any kind of rules/regulations are very much still in the infancy stage.
Twitter is under investigation by the FTC. Just because no one's stopping him doesn't mean sanctions won't come in.

(IIRC) He first publicly mentioned buying twitter a day after getting into a fight with a bot that tracked his private jet. Did a twitter poll to his followers, who of course said yes. Maybe about December last year.