Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

Advertisers will be back. They are just following each other and de-risking. This isn't the first time it's happened and there's been plenty of worse issues with Facebook and YouTube. The biggest issue* for Musk when it comes to advertising is that Twitter isn't actually good for advertising other than promoting brand messaging, with advertising spend going to reduce during the global recession it will hurt Twitter more than say Google Search.

*Assuming Musk will reign it in and hire a solid team to manage Twitter.

They are de-risking because they want to get ahead of twitter mobs calling them out online for enabling Musk with their advertising money. The only way they would ever return is if Musk suddenly becomes a normal, dignified person, which won't be happening. The advertisers will simply apply their money to other social networks instead.

Elon's at the wheel
Tell me how good does it feel?
Only 8 bucks a month for some cred
And a few weeks 'til Twitter is dead
do do do do do do do do do do

Last edited:
Elon's at the wheel
Tell me how good does it feel?
Only 8 bucks a month for some cred
And a few weeks 'til Ttwitter is dead
do do do do do do do do do do
:lol:

People generally hate change though. Unless he really does a trump and uses it to BS every day, I can't see it dying or even replaced. If we look at how social media evolves, it's rarely a like for like replacement.

It’s simple math, he’s siding with the party whose voters don’t believe in climate change and won’t buy electric cars
How stupid can he be?
To be fair, it is hard to see further than the tip of your nose when your entire head is completely and totally embedded in your own arse.

They are de-risking because they want to get ahead of twitter mobs calling them out online for enabling Musk with their advertising money. The only way they would ever return is if Musk suddenly becomes a normal, dignified person, which won't be happening. The advertisers will simply apply their money to other social networks instead.

Maybe but he's a business man and there are debt payments. Advertisers are the main and largest source of income for the foreseeable. He already held a call with advertisers showing he needs/wants to listen and typically he and his friends will pal up with the main industry bodies who advise advertisers. Money > Politics. We will see, this is dominating with the mid-terms and everyone loves a bit of doom and gloom.

You have to be born there or have American parents
To be fair he became a founder of every company he’s bought so far so I wouldn’t put it past him becoming an American citizen by birth.

Not to toot my own horn but I've called the crashing of Tesla gor a while in the Skeptics thread. Alas didn't think it would happen so quick and so oublically!

Was bound to happen given that its inflated value was largely based around the mythology that Musk was some sort of savant genius who would dominate the EV space for years. It didn't of course factor in that Musk's faults, which have been laid bare before the world during the Twitter saga.

I remember an analyst at Goldman a few years back swearing that Tesla was a $150 stock. This was before the 3 for 1 split, which would mean it should be worth about $50 today.

Last edited:

Fascinating Elon, tell us more.

tenor.gif

Was bound to happen given that its inflated value was largely based around the mythology that Musk was some sort of savant genius who would dominate the EV space for years. It didn't of course factor in that Musk's faults, which have been laid bare before the world during the Twitter saga.

I remember an analyst at Goldman a few years back swearing that Tesla was a $150 stock. This was before the 3 for 1 split, which would mean it should be worth about $50 today.
Combined with the business fundamentals not being there and the actual product being crap.

Anyone who thinks Jack Dorsey will save us with his new insta-replicant start up is an absolute fecking wet brained rube.

Aside from that not being how any new mass platform adoption happens, he’s also just as much of an idiotic tech libertarian whose mistaken his surprise success at starting a competent global online forum for genius level political enlightenment

Facebook started as a Hot or Not rip off. Twitter was literally just an open diary. Why should you expect anything good or important from these people?

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks Jack Dorsey will save us with his new insta-replicant start up is an absolute fecking wet brained rube.
Why?! It's not like he's not got the chops. (My defensiveness here is totally unrelated to the fact I signed up to get in line for beta testing, of course!)

Has this sentient foreskin ever vocally advocated for any economically left-leaning policies?