Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

Turns out Elon is a cnut. Who would have thunk it huh.

Just had lurk on Twitter for the first time in ages. It’s remarkable how many replies are defending Musk whenever anyone complains about this paid for blue tick nonsense. I’d go as far as saying the majority seem to be on his side. WTF?

People generally like individual self-made billionaires because they have achieved more, through sheer hard work and superhuman smarts, than the rest of us. An aspiration to live up to.
Musk also has a sense of humor from 2011 9gag and a sense of politics (balance between the crazy extremes, freedom as the guiding principle) that appeals to the vast majority.

e - basically this

Last edited:
Shared power sounds nice in theory, but at least the way the US is right now politically, it just ensures nothing will get done. I prefer my legislatures to have the power to enact laws.

Shared power sounds nice in theory, but at least the way the US is right now politically, it just ensures nothing will get done. I prefer my legislatures to have the power to enact laws.

He believes in curbing the excesses of power, which is why he fired the board of directors and thousands of workers enabling him to try and run everything himself with no oversight.

Sounds like that bloke who has picked a side but doesn't actually have the balls to own up to it.

Guys we knew this would happen when the Democrats nominated a far-left extremist to be president. It's going to make a lot of good, hard-working, Americans go red.

People generally like individual self-made billionaires because they have achieved more, through sheer hard work and superhuman smarts, than the rest of us. An aspiration to live up to.
Musk also has a sense of humor from 2011 9gag and a sense of politics (balance between the crazy extremes, freedom as the guiding principle) that appeals to the vast majority.

e - basically this

So how does this effect Musk then

This is such a Gen X/Trump way of thinking. "Let's get Bill Gates in to sort this".

Mate, three years ago, if you wanted to web-call someone, you'd "skype them"... Microsoft owned the literally verb to web-call someone. The pandemic hits and the world instantly realise that Microsoft have ruined skype and the world instantly turns to Zoom for it's convenience (despite it's security flaws).

Whatsapp - made by a couple of ex-yahoo nerds.
Instagram - startup (nothing to do with facebook)
Tiktok - Chinese startup back in 2012
and so on.

I can't think of a single thing that the big tech companies (Google/Facebook/Microsoft/Amazon) have actually made themselves in the last... well.. ever.

Now if you'd said "At this point all it takes is for Zuckerberg or Microsoft to BUY an alternative product" I'd probably agree

Microsoft became the biggest company in the world as an OS house. Both Office and Azure now makes more money for them than Windows. Both in house solutions. Consider also outlook, Internet explorer, xbox, Hotmail, SharePoint, etc.

Apple built the iPhone as a laptop/os house. ITunes as well.

Google built Gmail and chrome as a search engine company.

Amazon was a bookseller that ended up building the largest cloud service provider in the world, besides selling basically everything physical.

The big guns have developed plenty of solutions that dominate the global market besides their starting platform.

Last edited:
Guys we knew this would happen when the Democrats nominated a far-left extremist to be president. It's going to make a lot of good, hard-working, Americans go red.
The current administration is right of the Ronald Reagan administration by most measures, that diabolical communist.

The world's richest man, who just spent €44bn in the name of "free speech", then laid off half it's workforce and immediately tried to layerise and monetise its wants to tell me what my politics should be?

Nah, yer alright.

So how does this effect Musk then

For most people, going from emerald mine co-owner to richest man in the world by selling software and cars, is self-made enough. Contrast with the Waltons, who were born with a successful business and still have the same successful business.

Yeah the vast majority of users just follow curated feeds for news or entertainment and barely post. The only people actually desperate for a blue tick that couldn’t get it before are likely very weak posters, or Nazis*.. or both.

Libertarians remain the singularly dumbest people.

* and even then, a lot of them did. Dorsey was also an idiot libertarian…. Which just leaves bad posters.
Agree with this. Ultimately the problem with actual “free speech” on these sites(Which of course Musk never believed in and has already backed away from)is that most people are shite at posting.

He seems hell-bent on finally proving to as many people as possible what a cocksmoker he is and always has been.

Although I've thought the same about Trump and somehow a disturbingly large portion of the population still aren't seeing it.

You'd think this should be the end of Twitter as a platform and also for his advertisment partners

I think advertisers are done. Those that haven't jumped off will do soon, once they are identified by anti-Musk twitter mobs.

His strategy will then probably be turning it into a subscription service to stop the monthly financial hemorrhaging because he thinks Twitter is so vital to the online ecosystem that people will pay him. I don't think that will work because someone (like Dorsey or others) will simply launch a new, free service that offers a nearly identical structure to Twitter, without a cnutish meme lord owner who can't see to avoid embarrassing himself on a daily basis.

Once key influencers begin to jump off, the rest of the herd will join and that will be that.

I think advertisers are done. Those that haven't jumped off will do soon, once they are identified by anti-Musk twitter mobs.

His strategy will then probably be turning it into a subscription service to stop the monthly financial hemorrhaging because he thinks Twitter is so vital to the online ecosystem that people will pay him. I don't think that will work because someone (like Dorsey or others) will simply launch a new, free service that offers a nearly identical structure to Twitter, without a cnutish meme lord owner who can't see to avoid embarrassing himself on a daily basis.

Once key influencers begin to jump off, the rest of the herd will join and that will be that.

He’s already launched one. Bluesky.

Wouldn't it be great if Jack did exactly that and hired all the experts Musk couldn't wait to get rid off?

I assume our esteemed cafe is looking for options to migrate away from Twitter, so do you think this Bluesky thing will be the thing? Of course provided there's content on it once it launches fully.

All he is doing is putting more pressure on himself to not allow right wingers back on. If he bans random accounts for mocking him, but allows Trump back on (after calling on users to vote Republican), it will end very quickly for him.

Advertisers will be back. They are just following each other and de-risking. This isn't the first time it's happened and there's been plenty of worse issues with Facebook and YouTube. The biggest issue* for Musk when it comes to advertising is that Twitter isn't actually good for advertising other than promoting brand messaging, with advertising spend going to reduce during the global recession it will hurt Twitter more than say Google Search.

*Assuming Musk will rein it in and hire a solid team to manage Twitter.