Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

Make a ridiculous comment, and then just walk away when someone questions it, username checks out :)

I am afraid I just don't really engage with people who don't know how to speak on the internet without being aggressive or rude. Does not lead to anything productive.

The actual design of twitter is simple by design and the real work is done in admin/moderation and tech support, not the scripting of the webpage which has mostly remained the same since it was created over a decade ago. Although not my place I would suggest that when engaging with strangers online you try to do so more politely.

Someone has to deck him

Imagine working somewhere for years and then some chap comes along and pays 40 billion to buy it only to call it crap 3-4 times a day for the next few weeks

I don't even like Twitter and still find it infuriating. What a bellend

I am afraid I just don't really engage with people who don't know how to speak on the internet without being aggressive or rude. Does not lead to anything productive.

The actual design of twitter is simple by design and the real work is done in admin/moderation and tech support, not the scripting of the webpage which has mostly remained the same since it was created over a decade ago. Although not my place I would suggest that when engaging with strangers online you try to do so more politely.
Dear sir/madame/other, I hope you are well. "There are probably 2 or 3 15 year olds at the nearest secondary school to you who could recreate Twitter very easily" is a nonsensical statement, thanks for your time.

I think you don't realise how many extremely talented young backend web designers there are.

I don't think you realize that backend and web design are two different fields. Oh, and then there is also the frontend.

I also don't think you realize just how much work twitter is. How many outages does redcafe have, and how many twitter? Now, how many users and concurrent users does twitter have and how many redcafe?

FFS, most of the developers have never had to deal with the scale of twitter (or other social platforms).

It's like saying if someone can make a paper boat, they could also make an ocean liner.

I think you don't realise how many extremely talented young backend web designers there are.

This reminds me of our local Commerce Chamber’s project from last year willing to connect “extremely talented” youngsters with firms for technological advance in the area. The boss of an engineering design/shop booked half an hour and met two kids who were pretending to sell a new software to help discover new materials. He asked them for the software and they hadn’t one; he asked them for a demo and they had an unusable mock-up; well, he asked them for consulting against his tech spec and they told him one year was needed. In the end, THEY asked him to subscribe and finance their project.

I don't think you realize that backend and web design are two different fields. Oh, and then there is also the frontend.

I also don't think you realize just how much work twitter is. How many outages does redcafe have, and how many twitter? Now, how many users and concurrent users does twitter have and how many redcafe?

FFS, most of the developers have never had to deal with the scale of twitter (or other social platforms).

It's like saying if someone can make a paper boat, they could also make an ocean liner.
Not to mention security and all the integrations they must have.

This whole thing is insane. It's like a billionaire buying a social media platform for an over inflated fee when he had no clue what to do with it in the first place.

It actually fuels my belief that he never intended to buy Twitter in the first place, but perceived this as yet another idea to be 'cool'. He thought he could back away from that claiming just any reason but it turned out impossible so he's now stuck with a $44bn overvalued asset that he doesn't have a plan for.

It actually fuels my belief that he never intended to buy Twitter in the first place, but perceived this as yet another idea to be 'cool'. He thought he could back away from that claiming just any reason but it turned out impossible so he's now stuck with a $44bn overvalued asset that he doesn't have a plan for.

Either that or he just got bored and wanted a new toy to play with.

Dont think that is the case, he went too far with the funding preparations for it to be just trying to be cool. More likely he wanted to buy it but at some point it did indeed occur to him that it would turn into a giant clusterfeck but he had signed a ton of papers by that point .

Dont think that is the case, he went too far with the funding preparations for it to be just trying to be cool. More likely he wanted to buy it but at some point it did indeed occur to him that it would turn into a giant clusterfeck but he had signed a ton of papers by that point .
I’d lean more into him playing and losing a game of chicken. He probably thought if he got all the finances and stuff that Twitter would still say no, or a government would stop him in some way. However as we saw in the end, it went the other way with Twitter gladly accepting and when he wanted to pull out he then got forced into actually doing it.

Wouldn’t have been just a fee of 1-1.5B to settle it and not go with the purchase? Like 0.3-0.5% of his net worth.

I guess he wanted to buy it but doesn’t look that there is a plan on what to do with it. Seems an overall clusterfeck.

Wouldn’t have been just a fee of 1-1.5B to settle it and not go with the purchase? Like 0.3-0.5% of his net worth.

I guess he wanted to buy it but doesn’t look that there is a plan on what to do with it. Seems an overall clusterfeck.

That sum was only if the deal for some reason fell through, not if he just changed his mind.

This is inherently the reason it is ridiculous to spend 44 billion on a website. There is no secret sauce to how twitter works. There are probably 2 or 3 15 year olds at the nearest secondary school to you who could recreate Twitter very easily. The issue is providing support services but if anyone with a few million in the bank wanted to do so right now they have the perfect opportunity we you cut half of your costs in marketing because Musk is literally telling people to go and use other platforms.

Get on it Naill

Sure... Musk wants to cut Twitter tech infrastructure costs by 1B$. So no, you won't be to just get some 15 years to build and maintain Twitter clone for few million of dollars.

I remember one year that full access to the NCAA basketball tournament, on their app, was only available for a fee. I think they made like 10 million from it. Next year they offered it for free but with advertisements, and make like 200 million from advertisements.

If we're still living in that world, I don't think it will work.

Sinisterly speaking..he could easilly sell his services to Russia for 1 or 2bn to help with election shaping. Or whoever got the highest bidder.

Trump could give him a sweet bailout for some backroom advantage.

It's just a matter of how low can he go

If you report every ad on Facebook, eventually they go away. They don't want you messing up their stats. They come back but then go away if you continue.

Wonder if that works on twatter.

Sinisterly speaking..he could easilly sell his services to Russia for 1 or 2bn to help with election shaping. Or whoever got the highest bidder.

Trump could give him a sweet bailout for some backroom advantage.

It's just a matter of how low can he go
You say that as if he isn’t already pushing pro Russia talking point very, very openly. Or removing access to Starlink from Ukraine.

For example.

I am considering having one of my Elon musk tattoos removed over all this.

The tricky bit is getting all the Twitter users to jump ship to the same ship. All at once. Otherwise whichever platform they end up on will seem crap compared to Twitter. And they’ll end up back on it again.

I bet the vast majority of famous people flouncing off Twitter over the last few weeks will end up staying on it in the long term. Unless Musk wrecks it completely. Which I wouldn’t put past him.

You are right. Unfortunately, there is another problem. If all the twitter users jump at the same time, they will break the new platform. It takes time to create something scalable to millions of users.

So, you have two problems: either too few users which makes it boring, or too many users that the new platform cannot handle.

This combination is the main reason it is very hard to replace any of the well known social sites with millions of users (twitter, facebook, instagram, etc). Many tried, none succeeded.

Just got notice that our company is suspending ads on Twitter. Unfortunately it's not because of an ethical stand, but (more hilariously for Musk/Twitter) it is because our inbox is getting hammered with negative bot spam. Totally normal moderation, right Elon?