Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

How many thousand blue tick accounts will the Russian and Chinese governments buy? With American names of course.

Will these accounts have "preferential" treatment as well?

Sure. They cant even know if someone impersonating their owner. You'd think they'd care if joe from china or Jono from Indonesia claiming they're famous and important?

It'll be a total mess

Musk has every hallmark of a guy who has been a dweeb/social loser for his entire life. It’s remarkable that he is the richest man in the world and still has been unable to move past that.

:lol: What a shit show Twitter has become.

He was given a Ferrari and then drove it like a farm tractor.

How many thousand blue tick accounts will the Russian and Chinese governments buy? With American names of course.

Will these accounts have "preferential" treatment as well?

Go figure. Speaking of the Chinese, they are taking advantage of the dumpster fire to hound people who stand against them, namely anti-CCP/pro-Tibet/pro-Hong Kong/Tiananmen truth activists. This is getting ugly.

I'm not really that into Twitter but skipping verification process in favor of $8 per month fee that gets you automatic verification, regardless of anything, does not sound very shrewd.

4GwhF6A_d.webp

Just had lurk on Twitter for the first time in ages. It’s remarkable how many replies are defending Musk whenever anyone complains about this paid for blue tick nonsense. I’d go as far as saying the majority seem to be on his side. WTF?

Did they all have blue ticks? Maybe that's the new algorithm in action, promoting blue tick comments and starving the others. At this point I would expect that the vast majority of paying blue tick accounts are Musk fanboys, scammers and conspiracy theorists.

He appears to have bought a platform entirely on the basis and through the prism of his own use of it and without understanding what it is the average user wants. It’s certainly a strategy.

Just had lurk on Twitter for the first time in ages. It’s remarkable how many replies are defending Musk whenever anyone complains about this paid for blue tick nonsense. I’d go as far as saying the majority seem to be on his side. WTF?

I’d say they just like the trolling of it all.

True, but if other EU countries started to compete with them on that aspect, their winnings would approach 0 quite quickly.

Perhaps, but as the only ‘official’ English speaking country in the EU (with quite deep connections to America) and a highly educated workforce in those particular sectors it’ll always have an advantage of sorts.

Faced with his statement that the only things that should be cencored on Twitter are lawbreaking stuff, a lot of the musketeers are actually claiming that the impersonating jokes are illegal. They're insane.

Faced with his statement that the only things that should be cencored on Twitter are lawbreaking stuff, a lot of the musketeers are actually claiming that the impersonating jokes are illegal. They're insane.
It's quite funny/sad/silly/dumb/predictable to see how quickly the unconditional free speech anti woke anti soyboy anti cancel culture mob has embraced narking on and cancelling everyone who shits on their new billionaire tech dicktator overlord. God I wish we could abort the right wing part of humanity.