Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

Still in Beta last I heard. Are you a member ?

God no. Twitter pisses me off enough as it is. Couldn’t imagine getting stuck into a whole new version of it.

It’s going to be interesting to see what happens with all the Twitter-a-likes. They’ll probably all die on their arse because the whole point of Twitter is that everyone is all members of the same place. Once it fragments it becomes (even more) pointless.

Assuming Twitter also dies on its arse (which is likely with this clown in charge) then this could all turn out to be for the greater good. One of the best things to happen to humanity in a long time.

God no. Twitter pisses me off enough as it is. Couldn’t imagine getting stuck into a whole new version of it.

It’s going to be interesting to see what happens with all the Twitter-a-likes. They’ll probably all die on their arse because the whole point of Twitter is that everyone is all members of the same place. Once it fragments it becomes (even more) pointless.

Assuming Twitter also dies on its arse (which is likely with this clown in charge) then this could all turn out to be for the greater good. One of the best things to happen to humanity in a long time.

I don't think replacing Twitter would be particularly difficult. Just make a site that is very similar to it in functionality, then make it available at around the time Twitter begins to implode as a result of Musk's daily nonsense. People will begin jumping ship en masse once the influencers they follow leave.

Seems like Elon’s gonna just back whichever party offers to help his business interests the most..

he’s making himself of an issue to fight elections on

Still in Beta last I heard. Are you a member ?
Beta? I'm not some beta ****. I'm a red meat eating, gun loving man. Typical left wing nutjobs coming here with their accusations about me whilst sucking each other off for their liberal juices and listening to Enya. This is why I vote Republican, they don't judge people.

giphy.gif

I don't think replacing Twitter would be particularly difficult. Just make a site that is very similar to it in functionality, then make it available at around the time Twitter begins to implode as a result of Musk's daily nonsense. People will begin jumping ship en masse once the influencers they follow leave.

This is inherently the reason it is ridiculous to spend 44 billion on a website. There is no secret sauce to how twitter works. There are probably 2 or 3 15 year olds at the nearest secondary school to you who could recreate Twitter very easily. The issue is providing support services but if anyone with a few million in the bank wanted to do so right now they have the perfect opportunity we you cut half of your costs in marketing because Musk is literally telling people to go and use other platforms.

Get on it Naill

This is inherently the reason it is ridiculous to spend 44 billion on a website. There is no secret sauce to how twitter works. There are probably 2 or 3 15 year olds at the nearest secondary school to you who could recreate Twitter very easily. The issue is providing support services but if anyone with a few million in the bank wanted to do so right now they have the perfect opportunity we you cut half of your costs in marketing because Musk is literally telling people to go and use other platforms.

Get on it Naill

The issue is to get the first million of users. It is not easy.

Plus... the person who achieves that will also become a billionaire. Jack Dorsey is a billionaire ... and a very weird guy.

The blue half of the US should boycott twatter. Surely that'll be the end of it?

Elon sure does get people talking, that’s one thing that’s certain.

Marquez making some good points that have been said but not really coming up with anything new or definitive feature wise. There does need to be something in it for creators but I hope the everyday person that makes up Twitter doesn’t get forgotten - it’s good to see many people’s opinions not just an elite few with YouTuber money.

There is no viable alternative in the market and who knows how BlueSky will turn out. Mastadon is incredibly shit. I can’t see Twitter dying soon.

Get on it Naill
You clearly have zero clue how Twitter works :lol:

I don't use it enough to care so I would scroll past yes, but if any platform I do use frequently has an ad-free subscription option, I pay the money.
Depends on the platform. I pay for subs for YouTube or Spotify for example as the ads on that actually interrupt your viewing/listening but on things like Twitter or Instagram where you are just scrolling past stuff anyway it doesn't really matter having ads show up.

Depends on the platform. I pay for subs for YouTube or Spotify for example as the ads on that actually interrupt your viewing/listening but on things like Twitter or Instagram where you are just scrolling past stuff anyway it doesn't really matter having ads show up.

Yeah I pay those two. I suppose Twitter is awkward for me 'cos I don't use it enough to automatically clock promoted tweets so they do distract me, but I still wouldn't pay.

Well, well, well. Looks like the infantile memer becomes the memee.

I bet his fans will claim that this was all a part of his master plan. Musk totally bought Twitter for 40 billion just to destroy it.

This whole thing is insane. It's like a billionaire buying a social media platform for an over inflated fee when he had no clue what to do with it in the first place.

I think Musk is missing a trick only laying off half the Twitter staff when all he needs is a few 15 year olds from his nearest secondary school.
It's computers, you just type "fix" into the black box thingy and they just work. It has to be that easy otherwise I would know about it already.

The tricky bit is getting all the Twitter users to jump ship to the same ship. All at once. Otherwise whichever platform they end up on will seem crap compared to Twitter. And they’ll end up back on it again.

I bet the vast majority of famous people flouncing off Twitter over the last few weeks will end up staying on it in the long term. Unless Musk wrecks it completely. Which I wouldn’t put past him.