Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

I really don’t understand why the American right are siding with Russia. Is there any rational reason? Or is this all just created by bots and algorithms?

Because they have correctly identified Republican politicians and operatives as venal and prone to manipulation if the price is right, and have been deploying money and resources to gradually make the GOP more Russia friendly. .

Because russia is a far right autocracy. Right likes right

And money, always follow the money
Yes, same reason my Modi fans here also like Trump, US (or global) right wing movement etc

Brethren shitbrains.

What was the purpose of this podcast? Is it like a right wing jerkoff meet? Otherwise I don’t see what’s common among this lot - a businessman, politician, journalists, the bald alpha beta male clown etc

What was the purpose of this podcast? Is it like a right wing jerkoff meet? Otherwise I don’t see what’s common among this lot - a businessman, politician, journalists, the bald alpha beta male clown etc

It was a Twitter spaces meetup among primarily anti woke incel influencers.

Hoping to gain followers from the other people's camps? They're all far right influencers.

Why does he double down on being politically active with X? He could have kept on building the legend behind being the architect of EV mobility and renewed space exploration. Instead he's going to be remembered as a thick manchild.

Why does he double down on being politically active with X? He could have kept on building the legend behind being the architect of EV mobility and renewed space exploration. Instead he's going to be remembered as a thick manchild.

I'd say it's a combination of craving the attention he gets by being controversial and going against the establishment, and the fact that he holds some pretty terrible views himself as well. The fact that anybody wants to work for his companies is mind boggling to me - especially the people that are highly qualified and could easily get jobs in other tech companies. I wouldn't want that guy as my boss or the owner of the company I work for.

I'd say it's a combination of craving the attention he gets by being controversial and going against the establishment, and the fact that he holds some pretty terrible views himself as well. The fact that anybody wants to work for his companies is mind boggling to me - especially the people that are highly qualified and could easily get jobs in other tech companies. I wouldn't want that guy as my boss or the owner of the company I work for.
Not to mention that some of his views put some people off buying his vehicles. If I was a Tesla shareholder I'd be pretty pissed at him

Not to mention that some of his views put some people off buying his vehicles. If I was a Tesla shareholder I'd be pretty pissed at him

I wonder if that's really the case to any extent that actually makes a difference in the numbers. Most people are not terminally online and therefore are either not aware of the terrible sides to Musk, or simply don't care.

I wonder if that's really the case to any extent that actually makes a difference in the numbers. Most people are not terminally online and therefore are either not aware of the terrible sides to Musk, or simply don't care.

I've got a few issues with this "terminally online" thing in general, but definitely as far as someone like Musk goes. You don't have to be terminally online to know about him these days. That doesn't necessarily translate into low sales, though. Personally I'd never buy a Tesla, but it has more to do with the Tesla than the Musk.

Fascism was plenty popular in the US regardless of WW1.

on_the_media_nazis_bund_rally_a_night_at_the_garden.jpg

TELEMMGLPICT000321527938_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq49BmtzRlrH7ynS4xM3bFWFL43CARWL62rmXSp2vwwL0.jpeg

men-saluting%20at%20Camp%20Siegfried%20OCT%2016%201937%20University%20of%20Southern%20California_0.jpg

Lazy and inaccurate point of view in my opinion. Even at their absolute height of popularity, they were literally besieged by counter protesters who the police had to stop physically attacking them. An example was their largest rally at Madison Square Gardens, where they were outnumbered 6:1 by counter protestors. They were allowed to be loud and obnoxious due to the 1st Amendment. It was hardly analogous to England. (yes England, not the UK)

Ps. Do you realise that at least 2 of those photos are from their bund training camps, meaning of course everybody there were Nazis? Same as pictures of KKK training camps or whatever. They don't represent their popularity in the country.

I really don’t understand why the American right are siding with Russia. Is there any rational reason? Or is this all just created by bots and algorithms?

I think the replies under this tweet pretty much answers your question. No POC or Muslims pretty much.

There's a rational treason though.:angel:

I'd say conservatives identified internationalism and globalization (for other than economic purposes) as ultimate threats for their way of life somewhere between the Iraq War and the Arab Spring. Then Putin and the profoundly conservative CCP swiftly went from geopolitical enemies by design to strategic allies and low profile sponsors. The liberal and social democratic axis was too slow to react to this as they were too busy dealing with the economic crisis (and got fairly self complacent too, plus they were probably infiltrated during this period), while the more traditional left (which is pretty conservative too in its own ways) is still struggling with defining their allegiances.

I thought Moscow was a sight to behold and I'm convinced they boast the most beautiful metro stations in the world, but I'm pretty sure the centre of Moscow is an extremely inaccurrate representation of Russia as a whole. At least, most people there said as much. Whoever build Moscow also definitely never played Cities: Skylines, because the road infrastructure is fecking shite. Seeing Lenin lying in his mausoleum was worth it though, fecking spooky how well preserved he is :wenger:

To stay on topic: Elon Musk is a cnut and looks like he has smelly armpits.

The recall applies to almost every Tesla sold in the US since the Autopilot feature was launched in 2015.

Wait, does it only apply to a specific model sold in the US? It would be hilarious if people all over the world starting shipping their Teslas back :lol:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-67693935

Tesla is recalling more than two million cars after the US regulator found its driver assistance system, Autopilot, was partly defective.

The recall applies to almost every Tesla sold in the US since the Autopilot feature was launched in 2015.

Soooo safe :lol:

Calling it a recall sounds a little misleading. If I understand correctly, a software fix can be applied remotely, no?

It still looks really bad, mind you.

Calling it a recall sounds a little misleading. If I understand correctly, a software fix can be applied remotely, no?

I imagine it's an instruction from the regulatory body so they technically have to call it a recall? But yeah, like you say as it's software it sounds like it's easily fixed.

Whether you trust the "fix", given they've spent the last 3 years lying about there being nothing wrong with it, is another thing.

Still, love to laugh at Tesla

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-67693935

Tesla is recalling more than two million cars after the US regulator found its driver assistance system, Autopilot, was partly defective.

Soooo safe :lol:

What a coincidence given the release of the Netflix film Leave The World Behind..... :wenger::nervous:

Yes, the article appears misleading given that not everyone uses driver assist or autopilot, and given that its software, they should be able to issue a patch that is easily downloadable to resolve the issue.

Yes, the article appears misleading given that not everyone uses driver assist or autopilot, and given that its software, they should be able to issue a patch that is easily downloadable to resolve the issue.

I dunno. It sounds like a serious issue. Highly suspect that it’ll be a dealer update. No way they’re going to get away with a remote patch for something that affects a system that governs automatic acceleration and braking.

Furthermore, as a customer, you’d surely demand a dealer update. With documentation and all that comes with it.

Tesla can’t just turn this stuff into the Wild West. Maybe in America I guess. Won’t fly in the EU I doubt.