Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

Are there though? How many people with the personality of a 14 year old nerd also have a driving licence and $100k of disposable cash?
going by the amount of pre orders, it seems it is more a case of meeting early demand.

Also, there's plenty of such people around.

going by the amount of pre orders, it seems it is more a case of meeting early demand.

It's a $100 refundable deposit isn't it? Converting 1 million pre-ordered into even 100,000 sales is going to be hard.

Im talking without knowing but, doesnt the weight of the truck matter when you try to tow something?

Once again, I need to remind everyone that - just like all other oversized SUVs - the vast majority of people who own this won’t ever need to do the sort of things you might actually need an SUV to be able to do. So the vast majority of these monstrosities won’t ever tow anything. And all that weight will just make them inefficient and a pointless drain on the grid.

Mind you, the boot looks to be so stupidly small you might find people forced to buy a trailer for them to haul their suitcases if they ever want to go on a weekend away.

Last edited:
Once again, I need to remind everyone that - just like all other oversized SUVs - the vast majority of people who own this won’t ever need to do the sort of things you might actually need an SUV to be able to do. So the vast majority of these monstrosities won’t ever tow anything. And all that weight will just make them inefficient and a pointless drain on the grid.

Mind you, the boot looks to be so stupidly small you might find people forced to buy a trailer for them to haul their suitcases if they ever want to go on a weekend away.

Oh, I know that many people by pick ups just because. Just curiosity of why a truck that weight 7000 is build to tow 11,000 lbs. And that goes for cybertruck to any other of the same characteristics

I dont like the cybertruck but to each their own

Musk is a prick and is running twitter to the ground. But it is true that with his fame as a savior that he had +5 years ago, was able to push the EV industry 10-20 years sooner (I repeat, fame and PR marketing, not hat he invented himself anything), and at least something good came up, even if for him is just a biproduct on his search of wealth and ego

Oh, I know that many people by pick ups just because. Just curiosity of why a truck that weight 7000 is build to tow 11,000 lbs. And that goes for cybertruck to any other of the same characteristics

I dont like the cybertruck but to each their own

Musk is a prick and is running twitter to the ground. But it is true that with his fame as a savior that he had +5 years ago, was able to push the EV industry 10-20 years sooner (I repeat, fame and PR marketing, not hat he invented himself anything), and at least something good came up, even if for him is just a biproduct on his search of wealth and ego

Yeah, I agree with this. It's a classic case of the need to remove any nuance or shades of grey from people we want to portray as cartoon villains. Anything positive he has ever achieved, even indirectly, has to be wiped from the record.

Yeah, I agree with this. It's a classic case of the need to remove any nuance or shades of grey from people we want to portray as cartoon villains. Anything positive he has ever achieved, even indirectly, has to be wiped from the record.
I get what you mean. But I think claiming that he pushed the entire industry 10-20 years ahead is a little bold.

I get what you mean. But I think claiming that he pushed the entire industry 10-20 years ahead is a little bold.

Yeah, true. I'll settle for gave it a significant nudge in the right direction. In terms of an individual positive legacy that's more than most of us will ever achieve

Of course, that positive legacy is being undone by his fascist enabling Twitter nonsense.

You’re misunderstanding the type of driving done by 99% of the gimps who buy oversized SUVs worldwide. Many of whom probably couldn’t change the tyre even if they had a spare.

In fairness it’s a truck not an SUV, and the target market is predominantly the US where the Ford F-150 has been the best selling vehicle (not just truck, best selling of all vehicles) for 40+ years.

Many of those people do properly use their trucks for loading full of stuff and towing, and a pretty large chunk of them are working vehicles.

The lack of spare tyre and the general Tesla reliability track record means you’d have to be out of your mind to opt for one of these monstrosities over an F-150 for a vehicle that will be used as a truck should be.

The way it looks means the same for anyone else.

In fairness it’s a truck not an SUV, and the target market is predominantly the US where the Ford F-150 has been the best selling vehicle (not just truck, best selling of all vehicles) for 40+ years.

Many of those people do properly use their trucks for loading full of stuff and towing, and a pretty large chunk of them are working vehicles.

The lack of spare tyre and the general Tesla reliability track record means you’d have to be out of your mind to opt for one of these monstrosities over an F-150 for a vehicle that will be used as a truck should be.

You have to get into the bed to reach something at the back due to the sloping upwards sidewall ffs

Ok, fair enough. I'm definitely coming at this from a Eurocentric point of view! (that and my borderline obsession with stupidly oversized cars doing the fecking school run in my neighbourhood)

Ok, fair enough. I'm definitely coming at this from a Eurocentric point of view! (that and my borderline obsession with stupidly oversized cars doing the fecking school run in my neighbourhood)

If it could be sold in the EU/UK I’m sure there’d be plenty of numpties who’d buy it for the exact usage you’re assuming.

Including the school run which given the cliff edge front end would probably be the most dangerous environment for it.

Pre orders cost $100 and were mostly made when it had a list price of $39k. That’s ballooned to $100k. There was no obligation to buy. It was, as with everything Elon… a gimmick, and probably an exercise is stock manipulation.

Just Elon boosting another Nazi account, no big deal.

GAhuavpXwAAHb_C

Lighter isn't better (for the car) generally if it's a proper offroad truck like the Rivian which performs admirably despite its weight. Large trucks need bigger batteries = more weight which is on the bottom and helps them with grip etc. Here in the UK we have a new class of driving license because it's gonna be impossible to drive a truck EV with a loaded weight of 3500kg. It's a day test addon.

I doubt most of that weight is the bulletproof gimmick. The biggest question I'd ask is why anybody would buy this monstrosity over a Rivian, which is proven and excellent in the USA for that lifestyle.

In the UK at least there's no real difference; you can tow up to 3500kg regardless. (Unless you're asking if the extra weight helps/prevents a car physically towing that much, in which case it doesn't.)

Sure, but it's a pretty safe bet to say that the vast majority of these trucks will stay on tarmac 99% of the time, so the weight will be a positive for about 15 owners and a negative for the rest (very much including everyone that gets crashed into by one of these things). Also, if you wanted the added weight for offroad reasons the best thing would be as you say to place it as low and central as possible, but that way they wouldn't be able to call it "bulletproof" and that ridiculous marketing opportunity is of course much more important than actually making the car better.

Don't get me started FFS, It's not just your neighbourhood mate. School mums (and some dad's) are the absolute worst. They were bad enough as it was, worse now that they all have even bigger cars they can't drive properly. And of course, the only people that matter are them.

He's.poking a fecking bear with that childish shit. GTA VI isn't going to be out for at least another 18 months, in reality probably closer to 2 years. That's plenty of time for Rockstar to insert shitloads of Elon and Twitter trolling scenarios. They are the absolute kings of situation/reality comedy and parody missions/characters.

His antics won't even be a blip on the sales either. It's probably the most anticipated game of all time, especially after the success of the previous games, especially GTA V that is still being played today and continually releasing new content, a decade later. I

The attribution of an entire movement to one single person is folly.

Obviously I am not doing that. He most likely didn't contribute much on Tesla and EV industry per se. But his revered persona +5years back and world saviour image of self driven cars before 2020 or colony in Mars by 2025 contributed in the Tesla explosion and push a car industry that they were comfortably selling gas cars without a worry

Obviously I am not doing that. He most likely didn't contribute much on Tesla and EV industry per se. But his revered persona +5years back and world saviour image of self driven cars before 2020 or colony in Mars by 2025 contributed in the Tesla explosion and push a car industry that they were comfortably selling gas cars without a worry

Oh yeah that Mars thing was funny, I wonder how it's going.

You’ve got more faith than I do in the brand. They make bad cars. That’s unsustainable without a cult of personality attached (see Apple and iPhones in the late-Jobs era). At least Apple makes products that are as good or better than competitors products in many areas.

Tesla trade on range, and speed. That’s it.

Two owners that bought a BMW 3 series or Tesla Model 3 around 5 years ago are having wildly different ownership experiences right now. This is (anecdotally) evident from seeing two mates do exactly that. Admittedly in the UK. But relevant enough.

The 3 series driver is ticking along nicely. The Model 3 driver has seen the early “feck that looks cool and isn’t this orgasm of big screen tech brilliant” evolve into “This car is a loveable money pit”.

They look good. They’re impressively quick. But they’re awful to drive, always have some kind of shit going wrong, and I’ve seen nothing that makes me think the company is trying to fix any of it.

That other car makers don’t have a right wing facist foghorn for a figurehead… probably gonna help them.

Yeah the older cars had lots of issues. Here is Aus we get the Chinese made ones which are far superior. Theyre the ones that are taking the brand forward. Every new car manufacturer has issues, some continue to have them Jeep as an example, others improve.

Yeah the older cars had lots of issues. Here is Aus we get the Chinese made ones which are far superior. Theyre the ones that are taking the brand forward. Every new car manufacturer has issues, some continue to have them Jeep as an example, others improve.

There were loads when I was in Copenhagen recently and I couldn't stop myself pointing out every single huge panel gap to a mate who keeps raving about buying one.

So, Elon thinks he can have his way with union busting here in Scandinavia, eh?

We will see about that, i don't think he will win this one.

Unions here are strong, unlike most of the US.

Last edited:
This guy also already has around 20 videos talking and reviewing Cybetruck, and someone before said we should listen his opinion because he is the most objective guy out there :lol:

Obviously on Tesla's payroll.

I'm waiting for Clarkson, Hammond and May to review it before I believe anything anyone else says. I'd love it to become their new 'caravan' where they destroy a few each series in increasingly stupid ways.

White text.

I'm waiting for Clarkson, Hammond and May to review it before I believe anything anyone else says. I'd love it to become their new 'caravan' where they destroy a few each series in increasingly stupid ways.

White text.
Grey text