Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

https://gizmodo.com/jack-dorsey-twitter-bluesky-social-media-elon-musk-1850170011

Jack Dorsey’s New 'Decentralized' Twitter Hits the App Store

Former Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey released the Beta test of the Bluesky social media app, but it's still invite-only.

Twitter users could have the chance to pivot to an upcoming rival social media app, Bluesky, which launched its Beta test on Apple’s app store Tuesday. Former Twitter CEO and founder Jack Dorsey is the mastermind behind Bluesky, which he announced he would be focusing on after Elon Musk bought Twitter for $44 billion in October of last year.

Interesting, suspect it'll be another Mastodon though and just won't attract the numbers to compete.

I get a notification on my phone when Andrew Tate tweets now, god knows why

Chinese & Musk
It seems that the Chinese are warning Musk not to repeat some US reports that covid-19 was a lab leak.

It’ll be interesting to see how he responds; does he appease his want-to-be Chinese masters? Or does he push back and risk hurting Tesla?

Getting the Welcome To Twitter thing today, as if I'm a new user. He's broken it again.

Down again. His ownership has been farcical it has to be said. He's an absolute twat on top of it. Hopefully a new platform can take off properly in the future. Or he tries to sell it.

Chinese & Musk
It seems that the Chinese are warning Musk not to repeat some US reports that covid-19 was a lab leak.

It’ll be interesting to see how he responds; does he appease his want-to-be Chinese masters? Or does he push back and risk hurting Tesla?

:lol:

You say that like Elon has a fecking clue how to operate Twitter. His right wing nut jobs that he's just reinstated will do the China honours anyway. Kind of karma really.

Chinese & Musk

No chance he pushes back.

Why not? If Apple is moving their facilities towards Vietnam in droves, I don't see why that twat wouldn't do something similar for Tesla if his ego is hurt.

Anyway, let them fight.

Because 40% Tesla sales are in China

Why not? If Apple is moving their facilities towards Vietnam in droves, I don't see why that twat wouldn't do something similar for Tesla if his ego is hurt.

Anyway, let them fight.

Because he's a coward, a bully and a ballbag. He isn't going to punch the bigger boys is he?

Referred to racists and homophobes as cnuts and got banned for a week. Good job Twitter!

Referred to racists and homophobes as cnuts and got banned for a week. Good job Twitter!

That's funny. I've given up trying to report bad stuff (like homophobes and racists) as all I ever get back is a "this doesn't violate the rules, have you tried blocking them" or whatever the feck it says.

I wonder if it's to do with how severely Americans treat the word cnut. I knew it was a little bit more serious to them than in like Australia or something, but it seems like it's actually a really big deal. I watch some streamers on Twitch/YouTube that have no problem throwing around fecks and similar (very normal, adult) language, but apparently just uttering the word cnut is enough to get you demonetized.

That's funny. I've given up trying to report bad stuff (like homophobes and racists) as all I ever get back is a "this doesn't violate the rules, have you tried blocking them" or whatever the feck it says.

I wonder if it's to do with how severely Americans treat the word cnut. I knew it was a little bit more serious to them than in like Australia or something, but it seems like it's actually a really big deal. I watch some streamers on Twitch/YouTube that have no problem throwing around fecks and similar (very normal, adult) language, but apparently just uttering the word cnut is enough to get you demonetized.
What a cnuts

I've blocked Musk (wasn't following him in the first place) and it seems to have removed his tweets being randomly dropped into my feed along with endless offers to follow him.

I've blocked Musk (wasn't following him in the first place) and it seems to have removed his tweets being randomly dropped into my feed along with endless offers to follow him.

I guess that might explain why I haven't had any of this, I've had Musk blocked for months by now. It might also be location based, since I haven't see any other disagreeable tweets forced into my feed.

He’s going to order his devs to make himself appear in the feeds of people who have blocked him soon.

Anecdotally I’ve noticed loads of people saying they’re sick of him appearing on their feed and have done the same. With him noticing his engagements were down recently and demanding to know why - it’s inevitable he figures it out and demands a fix.

I expect he will use a super-user kind of excuse - like you can’t ignore admins and mods on here. The official Twitter accounts will be unblockable and unmuteable and he will include his account in that.

He’s going to order his devs to make himself appear in the feeds of people who have blocked him soon.

Anecdotally I’ve noticed loads of people saying they’re sick of him appearing on their feed and have done the same. With him noticing his engagements were down recently and demanding to know why - it’s inevitable he figures it out and demands a fix.

I expect he will use a super-user kind of excuse - like you can’t ignore admins and mods on here. The official Twitter accounts will be unblockable and unmuteable and he will include his account in that.

I totally see that happening

Caught a permaban for telling Rowling I hoped the coming year was a miserable one for her, and the reason given was "wishing harm on others."

Good move, he's one of the most boring men on the planet.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-64804007

Twitter can’t protect you from trolls any more, insiders say

Twitter insiders have told the BBC that the company is no longer able to protect users from trolling, state-co-ordinated disinformation and child sexual exploitation, following lay-offs and changes under owner Elon Musk.

Exclusive academic data plus testimony from Twitter users backs up their allegations, suggesting hate is thriving under Mr Musk's leadership, with trolls emboldened, harassment intensifying and a spike in accounts following misogynistic and abusive profiles.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-64804007

Twitter can’t protect you from trolls any more, insiders say

Twitter insiders have told the BBC that the company is no longer able to protect users from trolling, state-co-ordinated disinformation and child sexual exploitation, following lay-offs and changes under owner Elon Musk.

Exclusive academic data plus testimony from Twitter users backs up their allegations, suggesting hate is thriving under Mr Musk's leadership, with trolls emboldened, harassment intensifying and a spike in accounts following misogynistic and abusive profiles.
Looking into it (to make it ever better for incels, that is).

So many issues with the app right now, no images loading at the moment.

Yeah, and it's even worse if you're not logged in. If you try to log in via the website, then this is what you get:
68k7khf.png

This also stops people from viewing Tweets outside of their already logged-in sessions. At this point, I hope that everyone I follow can just move over to Mastodon or a similar competitor. It's incredible to see how much worse Twitter has gotten in terms of both quality and reliability under Elon Musk.

Also FUBAR'd the forum embed functionality.

Twitter embeds are currently not functional as Twitter have "made an internal change that had some unintended consequences" - updated will be on @TwitterSupport if you're able to access it.

FYI - I (and many others) predicted exactly this happening.

My company used to pay them a small fortune to scrape data off there but they fecked that up the other week too.

Need to hear from some completely messed up Musk-fanboys before I form an opinion on wether or not this is a bad thing for Twitter.