Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

I'll never understand the sweaty nerds defending Elon in the replies.

It’s unfathomable. You can understand fans going in to bat for music stars, actors or athletes. They feel connected to people who have moved them, at an emotional level. What the feck has a joyless prick like Musk ever done for any of his online stans?

I'll never understand the sweaty nerds defending Elon in the replies.
FqkBttoWwAAm45t

It’s unfathomable. You can understand fans going in to bat for music stars, actors or athletes. They feel connected to people who have moved them, at an emotional level. What the feck has a joyless prick like Musk ever done for any of his online stans?
He’s an incel icon. They’ve attached their personality to him so take it personally when he’s shown to be a moron.

My mate in SF and just text me from the Morgan Stanley conference Musk is speaking at.

Says he rambling about free speech and he sounds like he hasn't slept in a week.

Given his propensity for cocaine, this isn't surprising.

100 million is a guess though, no idea how reasonable.

Not sure how "typical" that formula is. If it's IP you are buying you could get into billions range for a company with 20 people kick ass R&D team. Or in the case of WhatsApp, the user base is what counted and the team was comically small (iirc)

Also, per Twitter so who knows if real, the guy stucutred the buyout this way (salary instead of lump sum) in order to maximize his tax burden.

The actual figure is moot though, the guy himself confirmed the situation and one of the world's richest people called it a "big payout".

Whatever way you look at it, he just got absolutely publicly outsmarted.
Possibly, but wanted to point that since those guesses are often quoted further and take a life of their own.
It's a nitpick, but I also would never call that outsmarting. The employee seemingly did everything he could to deal with this privately and the only reason it got public is because Elon had an insane need to publicly shame him while telling him he's fired. It's more of a "man punches himself in the face and blames radical left for the nose pain".

Possibly, but wanted to point that since those guesses are often quoted further and take a life of their own.
It's a nitpick, but I also would never call that outsmarting. The employee seemingly did everything he could to deal with this privately and the only reason it got public is because Elon had an insane need to publicly shame him while telling him he's fired. It's more of a "man punches himself in the face and blames radical left for the nose pain".

They clearly wasn't going to tell this man he was fired because he was owed a "big" payout if he was, so after waiting a while he went public on twitter to goad the ego of Musk and get fired by the man himself. Musk clearly had no idea what was happening at first and then bit. Musk confirmed it himself what happened, hours after the fact and too late to backtrack (even though he deleted a few tweets).

I'm not sure what you would call being outsmarted, but I'd wager you'd be in the minority on that one.

The comments are full of awful takes as expected. It's weird how people choose to defend people like Musk all the time.

Yep I have to say that isn't what I expected when I ventured in. Absolute weirdos

I think a lot of these people see themselves in Musk (Without the massive wealth)

Musk is a loser. Like that is the most succinct way to describe him. He is awkward, unfunny, tries way too hard to be cool and fails at it. He has all the hallmarks of someone who had no friends growing up and was probably bullied/laughed at because he was such a loser. He ended up getting very rich but even that has no changed who he is at his core, which is a loser, and I would wager that most of the people who endlessly defend him are much the same type as he is.

100 million is a guess though, no idea how reasonable.

As hilarious it would have been, it does not seem to be true. He is not getting paid wages for selling his company (that never really happens). Instead, he got cash (8.5m based on his tax filing) that got taxed more than would have been taxed if he would have taken stock instead (like most do). He deliberately chose so in order to pay more in taxes.

Also, 1m for headcount is absolutely bullshit. There is no standard like that in the industry.

By all accounts he is some type of middle manager, so probably in 300-500K range salary, so if we go with the standard 3 month severance package, it is probably 100-200K in firing compensation. I guess the issue is that probably Twitter doesn't want to give that.

BTW, the exchange was hilarious. A public e-roasting if I ever saw one. Almost every tweet by this guy had a hilarious punt on Musk.

He has no idea how code works, full stop. Just like he has no idea how rockets work, electric cars work, language models work or even how monkey brain chips work.

Bit of an exaggeration but admittedly way less than how much he is credited for it. He is (or was) a smart man particulary his acumen for business. At one point the whole world was convinced he's some genius scientist coder, rocket scientist and automotive guru which does take some intelligence.

I'm glad the world is waking up to him now it was just nauseating having to tolerate his worship for years.

Bit of an exaggeration but admittedly way less than how much he is credited for it. He is (or was) a smart man particulary his acumen for business. At one point the whole world was convinced he's some genius scientist coder, rocket scientist and automotive guru which does take some intelligence.

I'm glad the world is waking up to him now it was just nauseating having to tolerate his worship for years.

“The whole world”:lol:

He had a very vocal fanbase and a much smaller set of people who realized he was a clown. Over time that latter group has grown, but the majority of the world still has no idea who he is.

“The whole world”:lol:

He had a very vocal fanbase and a much smaller set of people who realized he was a clown. Over time that latter group has grown, but the majority of the world still has no idea who he is.

whole world isn’t literal obviously. Just saying there was a time it was globally an accepted idea.

"It's complicated"

Funny he finds this stuff complicated but claims a hyper loop is "really simple"

I know I bang on about it but I've seen through Musk for years and I can't tell you the pleasure I am getting watching him publicly shit the bed and embarrass himself every day.

It's ok everyone, instead of spending time understanding a situation, defame and abuse them because " people make up disabilities all the time"

images

Damn haha i love this guy

I've had the misfortune to read the comments under his post. Time for every half sane person to delete their Twitter forever. What a clusterfeck this medium has become. I sometimes wonder if there's actual people posting this hateful stuff or if these are bots or paid WUMs.