View full 2021-22 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he can't get a game with who we currently have in midfield and with the way that we're playing, then it isn't going to work out. For some reason. I don't know why. Wouldn't blame him one bit if he left either now or at the end of the season and I think most fans would not only understand, but they would be angry at the club for this situation.

He is bench warming 1 year and a half. If he asks to leave, not because of money, but to salvage his career, and we don't let him, the we are truly the worst run club in the pl.

Him taking a spot on the bench doesnt even make sense. When we have suspensions and injuries he still doesn't start or come off the bench. He is literally taking up a spot that we will not use no matter how the game goes so it is a waste, you might as well let a youth player sit on the bench.

This must be a parody at this point now. We don't play him and yet we don't want to sell him either. Hilarious.

just like we’ve been doing in all games? He should play then.

No, you don't fix a problem by adding more of the same do you?

Whatever he's doing in training is clearly not enough for two managers to not pick him. Unless he's shagged both their daughters or something then there's something he isn't showing that's making it worthwhile to play him.

He’s been sihte in midfield two every fecking time. And yes worse than Mcfred! On top of that his attitude towards Rangick seemed a bit iffy during his last start when taking instructions. It’s not difficult to see why he isn’t the answer. He’s had plenty of chances he hasnt taken.
I don't want to waste my last post today to reply to you, but since you're making up story I had to, VdB is a better passer than both McFred, doesn't hiding away from the ball like McT or constantly losing the ball like both back then when they are our double pivot, he immediately created an obvious chance right after being brought on 2nd half against Westham, he showed he's a good tackler with good work rate every single time he got to play, even if those were only 3 minutes before time up!

A reminder of what he looks like as a no.6/no.8..

He's a very tidy and precise player, given the current state of the midfield it's a disgrace he hasn't been given a chance there.

I don't think he's the answer but it's utterly absurd that Rangnick will rather watch the same dross from the same players week in week out rather than at least trying VDB.

It's one thing that he doesn't want to play the kids but why we're not giving a game to the likes of Lingard/Donny, I just can't wrap my head around it. It makes no sense.

I don't think he's the answer but it's utterly absurd that Rangnick will rather watch the same dross from the same players week in week out rather than at least trying VDB.

It's one thing that he doesn't want to play the kids but why we're not giving a game to the likes of Lingard/Donny, I just can't wrap my head around it. It makes no sense.
Replace Rangnick with Ole and the post could've been written a year ago.

Something has happened behind the scenes that we don't know about. Just seen Luke Shaw's interview and he is basically saying the players aren't happy with each other and there's a split.

The Donny thing is just baffling. Can't for the life of me work out what it is.

Just fecking sell him if you don't want to play him. Jesus wept.

Every minute we hang on to him without playing him, his value drops.

So weird that both Ole and Ralf seem to absolutely not want to play him, but also absolutely don't want to sell him.

How does that even happen

I didn't see much of him at Ajax but I remember reading that Frank de Boer considered 6 as his best position. I was excited that someone younger and quicker than Matic will give some backbone to the midfield and provide us with a decent tempo in possession.
I don't even think we've given it a try. We are just really stubborn with our preferences. We keep playing the same combinations not only for weeks on end, but actually for years and we don't even care about the pathetic results.
I would have tried Van de Beek & Fred as midfield pair 18 months ago. I'm sure we'd be better off.
But then I don't like 6 foot 5 mids very much. I prefer my mids to at least look like footballers.
The club is being run like a circus for mine. Everything we do is just wrong.
Our transfers are either ancient stars or, in the case of VDB, just stockpiling with no intention of actually using them in any meaningful way.
Would he work out as a 6? Who can say. But surely he would give us more than Matic or even McTominay. Why don't we even try it.

So weird that both Ole and Ralf seem to absolutely not want to play him, but also absolutely don't want to sell him.

A complete mind feck, it's incredibly harsh on the player.

If I were him I'd be telling my agent to do whatever it takes to get the hell away from this club. He's wasting his career.

If I were him I'd be telling my agent to do whatever it takes to get the hell away from this club. He's wasting his career.
Problem for him is that he's being held hostage by his former agent because the contract isn't up yet and he wanted to change agents.

He fired his agent and hired a new one. Apparantly he can't have anyone else but the first agent represent him until the summer ?

He's a nice lad, works hard and doesn't sulk (and no throwing chewing gum because you had to sit back on the bench after a warmup for the umpteenth time isn't sulking).

Managers want big squad. "What if my 3 CMs get injured?"

Guys like LVG who just sell half a normal PL sized squad and have no problem playing a kid are an anomaly.

Problem for him is that he's being held hostage by his former agent because the contract isn't up yet and he wanted to change agents.
Theoretically he can represent himself and pay his first agent whatever he's owed from a possible deal. Maybe ?

McTominay and Matic played really well against Burnley and Fred has been in good form recently too so it is not as if he has been watching dross for the last 5 games. That said, if you don't think he is the answer why bother playing him? He needs to put in a request and go as this squad is about to be torn down and the man to build the next one is not in the building yet.

He must be showing, passing and moving in training too much to get the start.

Didn't he stay because he was given promises (false ones) by Ole that he was going to be a big part of the team this season? I don't know. From one of the most promising talents in Europe... to whatever the hell this is. He's wasting his career. If he dosen't leave this transfer window, then I'll just have my wishful thinking that he's gotten the heads up that Ten Hag is on the way.

Didn't he stay because he was given promises (false ones) by Ole that he was going to be a big part of the team this season? I don't know. From one of the most promising talents in Europe... to whatever the hell this is. He's wasting his career. If he dosen't leave this transfer window, then I'll just have my wishful thinking that he's gotten the heads up that Ten Hag is on the way.
Nah, he stayed because Ole blocked his loan move. (which granted, VDB only proposed himself late in the window). The false promises of "getting a chance" (VDB and his agent's words) came after.

The "he will be a very important player for us this season" bit is just managerial media gibberish.
Maybe Lingard was given false promises on game time. We don't really know for sure I think.
I'm not buying it with regards to Mata, because nowhere in the world could he get remotely close to that salary.

Think the villainizing of Ole in this regard is a bit overstated on here, must've been a Goldshite talking point. All managers have to juggle these things to a certain extent. We do have a few players too many (but not in CM though), in part because Ole was scared shitless to have to play a kid in a real game.

Status
Not open for further replies.